No announcement yet.

Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Duet" is definitly the best episode yet of this season. The acting was great and the Mckay - Cadman fights were humorous. What's even better is watching Mckay being taken over by a women and him kissing Carson at the end. the looks on everybody's faces (including McKay's when it's all over with) left me rolling in the floor with laughter!

timdalton007

Comment

This ep still rocks.

Only downside? That whole Gollum thing in Heightmeyer's office becomes more annoying, not less.

And I noticed something I hadn't before... or hadn't given much thought to: when McKay and Cadman are arguing, right before he/they collapse, McKay flushes bright red. Wow. I hope they got that scene in just a few takes, 'cause that can't be a healthy thing to do.

Also, was it just me or did McKay seem a little younger as Cadman?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        This ep still rocks.
        Absolutely. It doesn't matter how many times I see that dinner date scene, I break out laughing every time during Cadman's speech as Rodney.

Also, was it just me or did McKay seem a little younger as Cadman?
        Yes, and it's a real testament to David Hewlett's acting that he can switch between the neurotic McKay (who always seems to have his face scrunched up) and a younger, more relaxed look when voicing Cadman. Kudos to DH for being able to so effectively portray two characters!

Comment

This ep still rocks.

Only downside? That whole Gollum thing in Heightmeyer's office becomes more annoying, not less.

?
          What the heck is this Gollum thing people talk about?

Comment

In the scene in Heightmeyer's office, McKay and Cadman are arguing. The camera switches angles to show which one is speaking, similar to Gollum in the Lord of the Rings. The director must have found that necessary because both inhabit McKay's body, but most viewers could tell the difference between McKay and Cadman. The switching effect was just jarring.
            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe they needed to film the sequences separately to allow Hewlett time to get red in the face in the McKay bits, but that's kind of a weak theory. It was distracting, whatever the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
                I think what really made that episode work, was the fact each character was a different species. They did a little of that in SG1 by switching a Human and a Jaffa.
                That and the fact that Farscape was set up as more of a show where odd things happened as regular as the darker sides of the show. That was one of my favorite Farscape shows.
                Stargate, whether SG-1 or SGA, is setup in a modern time period which we the viewers know so the writers can't go out that far on a limb just for laughs. It has to fit the makeup of said shows.

I showed my sister Conversion and Duet one weekend a couple of weeks ago. She loves SGA now. Duet repeated the next weekend after that and she told me no one could pull her away from the show. She loved it and said McKay and Beckett are her favorites. This is the sister I had to drag to Star Wars back in 1977.
                Last edited by Atlantis1; 18 October 2005, 08:50 PM.
                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                Individuality is freedom lived.
                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

This was definitely one of the better episodes IMO. The whole conversations with himself were just entertaining.
                  I do have to agree that the whole Gollum camera trick was a little transparent. That part kind of left me wincing.
                  All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                  Pay it forward

Comment

Well, I finally saw this episode. Since I like McKay, I really enjoyed it. Yes, the whole Gollum camera thing at one point was a little annoying - I mean, I could tell who was speaking without switching the camera/view, but all in all, I really enjoyed this ep.

The kiss between Beckett and McKay was priceless! The expression on both their faces said it all!

It was well done. Although when he was on the date and Cadman took control of his body, and swept her into his arms for a kiss, well, that was a little much. The romantic in me was loving it, but, realistically, as a woman, I love it when my husband does that to me (in fun), but if he had done that while we were dating? Well, it would have definitely been over-the-top, unless we were joking/playing around.

David Hewlett did an excellent job in this ep.
                    Proud Canadian and army wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                      That and the fact that Farscape was set up as more of a show where odd things happened as regular as the darker sides of the show. That was one of my favorite Farscape shows.
                      Ditto - I loved "Out of Their Minds", one of the best episodes of season 2 IMO. The plot itself was silly, but it was the acting that really made it - every actor (especially Claudia Black) had the nuances of the other characters down pat, and that's what made it hilarious as opposed to embarrassing. It was the same with "Duet" IMO - David Hewlett's performance was exceptional, the only thing that I feel could have made it better would have been (as birdieey mentioned) giving him more to work with: giving him more characteristics to mimic, and thus giving the audience more to recognise.

I kinda liked the Gollum angle-switching - I took it as a kind of intra-genre wink-wink-nudge-nudge etc. Unneccesary for the scene, but fun nonetheless.

-- Cynicatlantis - home of BeanieLantis, and other such silliness --

Comment

Originally posted by Caylynn
                        The kiss between Beckett and McKay was priceless! The expression on both their faces said it all!
                        Indeed I loved the looks on Weir's and Shep's faces a little more though

Comment

Well wow....that was so funny. I really enjoyed this episode, some nice science on the wraith dart, and some fantastic development for McKay. Was a down right hilarious episode with fantastic moments, lol and the kiss, the McKay and Beckett kiss was just so funny. Nice work TPTB
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

OMG best SGA yet, actually one of the best Stargate eps ever. That kiss, well, the look on everyones faces were priceless. David H. showed some great acting that kept me laughing all the way through. Nice to see some major usage of McKay at last, as well as some more usage of Beckett. Throw in some combat from Ronan and a little Teyla/Ronan chemistry and we have a classic Stargate episode
                            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

good script writing for sure. i was laughing so hard with the whole Cadman/McKay routine.
                              All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                              Pay it forward

Comment

When he was walking down the corridor talking to himself, classic.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X