No announcement yet.

Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not much of a poster but I've gotta post for this episode.. It was halarious!!! Even though I'm a McKay/Hewlett Fan, this certianly made sure I stayed that way and really affirms his creditentials as an actor...

Ahh i wonder what David hewlett would say with all this adulation going his way!!!

And one more thing.. does anyone know what the signed picuture in the left hand corner actually said? I'm all the way in Australia and had to deal with other means of watching the episode so it's not so clear? Help anyone? Thanks!
    PB

Comment

"It was nice to see Carson is a more expansive role than CMO in the infirmary. I really liked the opening scene where he attempts to passively interact with the Wraith, and then Sheppard comes in and promptly deals with it. It was a nice contrast. I loved all his interactions, including the late night call and date scene. Squeezing Cadman's hand at the end was sweet." -Sparklegem.

I couldn't agree more. The little things Carson got to do fleshed out his character a lot more than what I had seem before, with the possible exception of 'Poisoning the Well.' His interaction with McKay were some of the best parts. And it's good to see him not in the doctor role all the time as was shown in the date scene. There's a lot of potential for this character and I'm glad they're finally starting to take advantage of it.

P.S. Great episode btw.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatCatOfRe
        This was a great eps. Loved it. Has anyone yet done an intrepretation of what Zelenka said? You know someone has to be working on that. McKay was so funny, loved the interactions between him and Carson. I like Ronan's character, thought the eating scene was funny, which is probably all Gero was trying to get across, I doubt there was any hidden meaning behind it. Great action scenes, when the dart crashes and just misses Carson. The fight scenes have been great also, can see a lot more action packed eps coming up, great job BamBam and Momoa!
        In my sig you'll find a link leeding to the thread withh all Zelenkas translations ;]
        "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

[QUOTE=TheCorpulent1 Any other posters of the male persuasion think Cadman was pretty damn hot?[/QUOTE]

The male persuasion!?

I found her quite attractive, though I prefer brunettes with curves rather than the blonde athletic type.

- Pet, who is not of the male persuasion

Comment

Was it just me, or did you guys think McKay's room in Atlantis was a whole lot tidier than his place back on Earth?
            Did they bring a maid service with them?
            If the Atlantis bathrooms are self-cleaning, I wanna move there.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
              Plus I didn’t like the psychologist. I didn’t really like her last season course that could just because I don’t like psychologists in real life so I’m biased. Sorry if any of you happen to be psychologists.

The episode was fun. I enjoyed it.
              Apology accepted. As a research psychologist, I can't stand the woman. I hate psychobabble too...thinking more of psychoanalysts, which is (at least in my country) a rather outdated and discredited approach to therapy. Many modern techniques are rather anti-psychobabble and more 'client'-centred.

Heightmeyer does not appear to be a psychologist, though. If I'm not mistaken, she referred to 'medical school' - if she has an MD, that would make her a psychiatrist, though of course she might have qualifications in psychology too, and prefer to practice that discipline. But the woman is far from realistic in the profession; she really exasperates me, giving psychology a bad name with her drivel about hypnosis, self-control, etc. Horribly stereotypical.

May I ask why you don't like psychologists? Or do you mean therapists in particular? I know a lot of people don't like them, but I can't really imagine what anyone would have against scientists!

Comment

Well, the whole rumor mill (not the spoilers, but David Hewlett's actual interview about "the scene" had me a bit more than worried, too...) glad to see McKay's character stayed on track, lest those dreams about Sam (mentioned in "Letters from Pegasus") go gonzo out the window.
                Originally posted by JanusAncient:
                This episode was superb, a supreme effort by tptb, how effectively David, was able to portray both Mckay, and Cadman, hilarious, especially when she got Mckay to kiss Beckett, the look on both their faces, Rodney couldn't believe what he had done, all that he could do, was to cover his face in complete disbelief.
                Actually, I was half expecting McKay's character to react a bit more repulsed (verbally: sort of like an ugh! agh! but can't phonetically spell it here) at least for a few more seconds, but the simple disbelief of it all without words was okay, too... and Weir and Sheppard were practically laughing thru it all (one wonders how much worse -from busting outright laughing- the rehearsals / outtakes *really* were)...

Originally posted by Merlin7:
                Loved Shep at the end with Weir. He was so happy that *Mom* is letting him keep his puppy. Big dog..named Ronon. LOL
                Correction... Big *GUARD* dog..named Ronon, with a nasty honking gun that really bites.

Maybe that's why his dreadlocks are a bit on the wild side....
                Oh, and speaking of his hair - not sure if this was deliberate or not... it was funny during Ronon's fighting demo scene that two of his braids were sticking up like a pair of satanic horns... symbolic of evil - "don't mess with this dude, or else!"

Originally posted by Merlin7:
                ...apparently gets all swoony when Rodney sweet talks her and pulls her into a SWEPT UP Kiss out of an oldtime movie. Blech. As a woman I was rather offended that that Gero is under the impression thats' impressive. It's not. I don't get all swoony over that and I hated that that girl and Cadman were used to impress that women do swoon over something like that. like it's a given. Blech.
                Actually, proverbial "swoony" teenage love is often like that... I remember only one such moment, which is more like being "drunk on love" (and totally sober while the other guy was drunk?)... Of course, to understand the *why* is more complicated. It had more to do with getting attention from someone you thought actually cared about your life's other situations; and nothing else mattered except that one moment of attention, which never happened again (not like that sweeping feeling, anyway)...

Maybe that sweeping feeling sensation Katie thought she was feeling from Rodney, who was really Cadman at the time, was meant to be more symbolic, than actual.

Maybe that's what Cadman wanted Carson to do for her, which was why Cadman deliberately did it in front of both Katie and Carson... It wasn't Rodney doing the kissing at that moment, he dropped off into a drunken stupor, which is when Cadman took over the entire rest of the scene.... She seriously took a Bad advantage of a very precocious moment.

Originally posted by MarshAngel:
                ...Zelenka is such a sweethert, it's amazing how anyone could be that mean to him.
                More dominant personalities do *DO* that to the more compliant ones, unfortunately... Rodney has the dominant (arrogant, bulldozer type) personality and Zelenka is more meek and humble, naturally. However...

Zelenka... with him and McKay working together they are intellectual equals and spark rather nicely for and against each others' ideas. But when Rodney gave an order and made a serious mistake for not double checking first, for once, Zelenka finally got the upper hand to tell Rodney off and Rodney stubbornly complied.

The Wraith dart... I thought when I first saw it in the first few eps of SG:A's Season One, it looked like some sort of dinosaur creature's skull or skeleton... seeing the insides (bones and cartilage like tissues) reinforces that theory.

Comment

Thought I'd keep this separated from my other post...
                  Originally posted by Bobthespirit:
                  ...Though I should probably start watching BSG and Stargates on different days. BSG just keeps getting better and better, and the Stargates are..not.
                  Which is an opinion echoed mostly in the pro-BSG groups. (I think CNN is also backing support of BSG, because I saw a TV show yesterday that had the exact same orchestral music in its title ads as the BSG finale had in the first ten minutes... which is probably where BSG got its idea from).

not that this next tidbit matters much, but...
                  Before the BSG mini-series became the official remake series, I used to try to help people (on the internet and homefront) find info on BSG. I searched for BSG myself and took notes in the process. But I sort of stopped short, when the whole thing became a BSG TV show vs. SG TV show battle situation. That's something I didn't anticipate. People were supposed to be learning how a program could be done better from within itself, not start wars with another program already established on the air.

Any discussions initially presented weren't intended to become a comparison between both shows. It was to take the one show, and discover how its nuances and pet peeves could be done better (so that it could individually stand on its own merit and accord -based totally on its own growth of strengths and weaknesses... like how a school grades its History class separately from Science class, and so forth).

So, for myself, I realized I needed to keep the shows separated because they are very different from each other... As much as I still have problems with the camera work and some music in BSG (definitely the violin one TV preview commercial), I try to compare BSG on its own merits to itself. Drama good... camera too shaky... If I started comparing the two with each other, I'd end up getting technical and say the camera work in Stargate is far superior (steadier) than what I've seen in BSG (which looks more like a bunch of amateurs having a field day with adult-Attention Deficit Disorder visions).

Stargate was in place long before the BSG remake, and is set up differently. BSG has little humor because it's more total army "last days-ish". It probably belongs more on the FX (mostly army/war, fear, or criminal material) channel, but because of the Cylons are fictional creatures - BSG has made its niche home on Sci-Fi instead.

Stargate has more of Murphy's Law realistically included within it, and the characters learn to live with that (they whine/cry, laugh or scream in anger). That's how I see the differences. It has its own end of creation doom and gloom moments, but total annihilation is how long a TV Season will last. Most of the time, seeing Murphy's Law in action about 70% to 90% of the time in my own life, I can totally appreciate how SG pokes fun at the subject. If it didn't, it'd be too serious and unrealistic in dealing with problems when things go WRONG, or not favorably in your way (ex: McKay's gun clip scene in Siege 3, which I thought was totally in sync with Rodney's bad day getting worse).

Comment

I loved this episode! DH was absolutely hysterical! Kudos to DH for his acting when Cadman is taking over McKay's body. I was practically on the floor. At the end, when McKay kisses Beckett, the expressions on Weir and Shep - priceless!

I also loved it when Shep was firing his big gun and the expression on his face! I also liked Shep and Ronan in the cafeteria and Shep explaining about the silverware. I also liked the scene in the shooting gallery - when Ronan blasted a big hole in the target and Shep leans over to look at it and says [I think] "I can see where you like it."

Comment

funny episode and the woman that shares a body with mckay is HOT too...cool episode

loved the target practice by the way

Comment

Question:

When do you think Carson learned that Cadman could exert physical control over Rodney? Heightmeyer would have told him sometime, but I think he would have picked up on Cadman during the night visit if he knew. Carson's not that unobservant. But he had to have known by the date, right?

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem
                          Question:

When do you think Carson learned that Cadman could exert physical control over Rodney? Heightmeyer would have told him sometime, but I think he would have picked up on Cadman during the night visit if he knew. Carson's not that unobservant. But he had to have known by the date, right?
                          I reckon he definately suspected it when McKay came to see him during the night to invite him along on the date.

Comment

It was a good episode but I thought it wen't over the top at points but overall it was fun and that is what is most important. I really enjoyed both SG-1 and Atlantis both were lots of fun.

Comment

Gotta say, Duet was pretty funny. That Mckay...he's a twerp - but he's a funny twerp. 'Course twerp's are usually funny - annoying and begging for you to give them a wedgie - but funny. My mom said it was like this one ep of Star Trek when Cap Kirk got his conciousness or somthing transferred with some alien woman and he was walking around acting all weird and girly, lol.

..Though seeing two guys smooch I could have skipped, really. Poor little Scot.

The Dex actions bits were odd. I didn't see what they had to do with the plot besides, "Dex learns the ropes of Atlantis." That probably could have been skipped - though the Dex/Teyla action was pretty good. If she'd stop wearing those silly skirts when she fought and wore some actual pants, maybe she'd cream him a little better instead of posing every five seconds. And omg, you NEVER NOT PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SPARRING PARTNER, they're CHEATS. They'll punch you once you're off gaurd - NEVER LOSE YOR DEFENSE, OMG. I don't care if you're yakking to someone, picking your nose - you never lose that gaurd!!

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

On the off chance that I forgot to gush about the kiss (too busy geeking out about everything else), I felt that it was done with suprisingly good taste (and I don't mean that literally, thank you).

I'm not one for slashy stuff, but this didn't read that way at all. Not to me, anyway. It was tender and desperate and bittersweet... almost sniffly. It helped knowing that it was Cadman acting through Rodney (and personally, I caught her being interested in Carson in the very first scene on-planet) and that she was taking one last, wild chance just in case she didn't survive. *sniff*

Of course, Rodney's expression afterwards was priceless. LOL! The sheer horror and absolute revulsion... Definitely one of MANY highlights in the ep. More great stuff from David. Ya really gotta love him.

Comment

Working...
                                X