No announcement yet.

Runner (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I really loved this episode. Mckay was fantastic with the running while shooting and screaming for help! And I love the new crackhead Ford. Sometimes you forget he's messed up and then things quickly turn scary.

Comment

Great episode. McKay was hilarious. Loved SuperFord. Finally got to see Dex, great addition to the team.

Comment

I didnt really like this one as much as seige 3 and intruder. NEW GUY episode!
        "Everything done in weakness fails." ~Nietzsche

Comment

Great episode. The runner bares a resemblance to Billy Zane. I wonder if he'll be a regular on the show. Dude will be a nice addition.

It's a nice touch on the writing dat they didn't bring back Rainbow in one episode and extending his particular arc further.

Kudos as always for the cast doing what they do so well. McKay as always milking his phobias, funny as hell. Shepard with his sly sense of humor yet it doesn't overshadow a grounded seriousness to matters at hand.

Teyla disappointed me in the end of the other episode when she was handing out reports and acting like a love boat hostess though, writers need to give her more than that and i see a glimmer of it in this episode.

The doctor gets some time here and it's the same old song a la Bones except with a Scottish accent, dude deserves more and not stay 2 dimensional.

And last but not least, the leader, what's her name? Good as always being the leader, full of optimism, easy on the eyes.

Comment

Runner was the first episode of this season that I didn't find boring and it's mostly due to the Ford storyline. I just can't believe how fabulous Rainbow has been handling the many complexities of this new darker character. Let's just hope the writers don't screw this up.

I tend to agree with some the opinions on the overdramatization of Mckay. He's been doing this for how long? He's acting like it's his first offworld mission. And while I found some humerous moments between him, Ford and Major Lorne, it was way over the top and a little unusual. This is why I think any non military personal on SGA who go offworld should be trained in weapons and military tactics.

I'm not impressed with Ronan at all. His backstory and reasoning for staying on Atlantis is too convenient and a bit obvious. He's just a glorified and a poorly written version of Teal'c. I do however like Jason Momao after seeing him in some other projects but it's going to take a lot to win me over on this character.

My favorite moments have to be the smackdown of Sheppard by Caldwell. Bless that man's heart. I love him. Shep needs to be put in his place every once in a while and realize that he can't base everything on his personal feelings.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
            Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

How is Ronan ANYTHING like Teal'c apart from being an alien warrior tough guy.

Teal'c originaly was in an army fighting for the bad guys while Ronan was in an army fighting against the bad guys.

Teal'c's people were being enslaved by the goauld. Ronan's people were destroyed by the Wrath.

Ronan held Shep and Teyla hostage in order for then to help him remove the tracking device. Then he saved McKay from getting shot. He stayed in Atlantis because he is no longer running and he's home has been destroyed. He has no place to go. Teal'c turned against his 'gods' which resulted in the exile of his family and he stayed with SG-1 because he saw the Tauri as the best chance to defeat the goauld.

If I hadn't seen "Threshold" I'd find Teal'cs betrayl of his 'gods' less likely then Ronan staying with Atlantis.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

How are Ronon and Teal'c alike? They're both technically alien, they're both warriors, they're both big sexy brutes and they both have deep grumbly voices. But really? Not that similar.

As for Teyla, yeah, she continues to fail to impress. It's a shame she isn't given more to do. Maybe she can get possessed by a Wraith and be secretly working to undermine Atlantis and book passage to Earth for the Wraith fleet. Give her something a little more character building than a new top.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                  How is Ronan ANYTHING like Teal'c apart from being an alien warrior tough guy.
                  That's what I'm saying. In that respect they are alike. Been there done that. I was hoping there was something new to this character that we hadn't seen in others before. To me, Ronan thus far is much like a mixture of Teal'c and Teyla with a few bits of Tyr from Andromeda.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air

Comment

Man...I am so impressed. Atlantis is just getting better and better..I LOVE what they did to Ford..and the new guy is freakin awesome. Oh man..it's a good time to be a Gate fan!!
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by coolove
                      That's what I'm saying. In that respect they are alike. Been there done that. I was hoping there was something new to this character that we hadn't seen in others before. To me, Ronan thus far is much like a mixture of Teal'c and Teyla with a few bits of Tyr from Andromeda.
                      I think Ronon is a little more high tech than Teal'c. To mince words, I'd call Teal'c a warrior, but I'd call Ronon a soldier. Maybe it's only semantics, but I have a feeling there's more to it than just that.

Comment

An improvement, this episode was. Although I have to say, that the craven Rodney, did annoy me immensely, it was such a slap in the face of what he had become, from "The Defiant One," up until "The Siege Part III."

Lt. Aiden Ford, Wraith enzyme addicted, paranoid schizophrenic, was amazing, hop along to the happy go lucky Ford, from season one, to the menacing contradictory Ford, capable of shooting his best friend, if rubbed the wrong way, FANTASTIC!

Ronon Dex, I was impressed, I had not judged the guy either way, upon seeing him in this episode, his capabilities as a fighter, his disheartened, I just want to be free from being hunted by the Wraith, I wish to return to my people sensibilities were well played, subtle, but definitely acted well. I do wish they could have kept him in the Wraith garb, he was in, when he stabbed the upside down Wraith through the chest, he looked better, and more of a threat in those, and of course immune to the Wraith, a bonus in my book.

Teyla, I like her, I do, but I really wish tptb would give her more to work with, she is capable of so much more than she has been offering. Her interactions with Ronon, were sentimental, and Ronon requested that she help him, to remove his shirt, I was looking at the Wraith bones, hanging from cords around his neck, and never noticed any scars on his chest.

Sheppard, I usually don't like the guy, except for "Rising," but in this episode he was on point, except when he left Rodney, with Dex, in order to chase after Ford, I would never trust the safety of a friend, in the company of a dangerous stranger, his confrontations with Caldwell, were well played, I am interested to see how this relationship will develope.

Puddle Jumper, I hadn't seen a Jumper constructed in such an odd fashion before, with a smooth top, and if I'm correct, the internal lights and controls weren't the same, as previously seen in Puddle Jumpters to date.

New people, you didn't die, well done, I mean seriously the new guys, are usually always targeted for interrogation, assassination, murder, or horrific life sucking death, so survive on, at least until the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Maybe it's only semantics, but I have a feeling there's more to it than just that.
                          Let's hope that the writers don't turn Ronan's story into something cliche. I think that's the part I'm most concerned about.

Comment

I think Ronon and Teal'c are very different... particularly in personality...
                            Obviously the two men are trained killers but I think Ronon's age and life experience probably sets him apart. He is more of an orphan than Teal'c ever was. He's been on the run for seven years and has no more immediate ties (at least at this stage). That would probably distinguish him from Teal'c in the short-term...

Also... he's far more communicative than the early Teal'c...

At the end of the day... anybody can appear like anyone... if you find enough common ground between them...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                              Sheppard, I usually don't like the guy, except for "Rising," but in this episode he was on point, except when he left Rodney, with Dex, in order to chase after Ford, I would never trust the safety of a friend, in the company of a dangerous stranger, his confrontations with Caldwell, were well played, I am interested to see how this relationship will develope.
                              I noticed that - only I don't know why he would have thought Dex would have rescued Rodney - it looked like he just left Rodney as Wraith bait while he went after Ford. But then I don't really get the impression that Sheppard considers McKay a friend - with the possible exception of The Defiant One - but certainly not season three.

Comment

Originally posted by SophieTucker
                                I noticed that - only I don't know why he would have thought Dex would have rescued Rodney - it looked like he just left Rodney as Wraith bait while he went after Ford. But then I don't really get the impression that Sheppard considers McKay a friend - with the possible exception of The Defiant One - but certainly not season three.

I think that Sheppard is the guy who trusts his instincts. LIke he did in trusting Teyla he trusts Ronon. Plus he's kinda supposed to go after Ford. Rock and a hard place. He can't win, period.

And I think he's friends with McKay. He's the one that trusts McKay to always figure something out and he says as much. I think he also trusts him to be able to take care of himself. Shep can't stay with everyone all the time.

I like that Shep and McKay are friends in teh way guys are friends. It's an Odd couple friendship. They're as opposite as opposite can be but still manage to click together. It's their TEAMWORK that saves Atlantis over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X