No announcement yet.

Runner (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't TPTB learned the ice water trick? Make your actors drink ice water before a scene so it lowers the temp in their mouth and makes 'em less prone to fogging up. Although I suppose Hewlett/McKay is so full of hot air that all the ice water in the world wouldn't have helped.

Comment

I found that this was a pretty good episode. As for McKay, I realize that it was slightly over-the-top... But you also have to look at what he has dealt with recently. I'd find it somewhat more annoying if he WASN'T acting the way he was... It adds a sense of realism, I mean few people (who I know) could deal with what he's seen/experience and not have some sort of effect on one's personality.

Anyway, just my two cents.
      sigpic
      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Although I suppose Hewlett/McKay is so full of hot air that all the ice water in the world wouldn't have helped.
        ZING!
        Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
        Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
        Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
        Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Haven't TPTB learned the ice water trick? Make your actors drink ice water before a scene so it lowers the temp in their mouth and makes 'em less prone to fogging up. Although I suppose Hewlett/McKay is so full of hot air that all the ice water in the world wouldn't have helped.
          Hey! I take exception to that remark! You may think McKay is full of hot air, but do you really think David Hewlett is?

Besides, who says the temperature on the planet was warm? We only know it was high in solar radiation. I'm not a physicist (where's Rodney when you need him?) but I personally don't equate high solar radiation with high temperatures. Sure, it has to be warm enough for Williamsonia sewardianas to grow, but I'm sure it can tolerate a little cold.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Agreed if you want to insult the character McKay - go for it - but DH doesn't deserve that.

Comment

Oh please. I was kidding. DH has admitted he's a bit like McKay and I decided to take advantage of that. He happens to be my favorite actor on the series and I love him dearly, but if it's easier for you to be grossly offended, then go right ahead.

Comment

Wow, it's incredible how easily offended some people are. It was a joke! Relax, everybody.

Comment

And now for something on topic...

Does anyone know how the Wraith culling beams work? Furling God made a good point in his thread about getting rid of the Wraith: shouldn't they (or don't they) have the means of knowing where people are so that they don't wind up sweeping random empty stretches of ground?

And sending THREE DARTS for ONE guy on an empty planet seems a little excessive, especially since they SHOULD be able to tell exactly where he is with that tracking device.

Did Beckett crush the tracking device when he removed it from Dex? I can't remember. Because if he didn't, then the darts should bloody well have honed in on HIM instead.

Or is the radiation interfering with the signal? Funny that it interferes with a superior tech tracking device, but not with the Atlantis team radios (the cave did, but only inside).

Comment

And sending THREE DARTS for ONE guy on an empty planet seems a little excessive, especially since they SHOULD be able to tell exactly where he is with that tracking device.

Did Beckett crush the tracking device when he removed it from Dex? I can't remember. Because if he didn't, then the darts should bloody well have honed in on HIM instead.

Or is the radiation interfering with the signal? Funny that it interferes with a superior tech tracking device, but not with the Atlantis team radios (the cave did, but only inside).
                    As for the first point, perhaps the radiation did indeed interfere with the tracking. Though, how could the Wraith have known this? Not sure, but the honest answer is that TPTB wanted to create some dramtic tension, though I think one would have worked jsut fine.

Beckett said something along the lines of "I turned it off," so that explains that. Whether this means he destroyed it, I don't know, but he was undetectable.

As for the third point, Super-Anti Radiation Batteries?
                    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan
                    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

BECKETT: I'm quite sure it's been disabled.

I just watched that scene a few times for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                        BECKETT: I'm quite sure it's been disabled.
                        Well, "quite sure" and "definitely" are worlds apart, but OK.

It's a pity, though. It might have been interesting if the Wraith had targeted Beckett. But then, that would take attention away from Ronon's ep and Ford's storyline. *sigh* Ah well. Maybe someone will adopt it as a plot bunny.

Comment

That would've been a nice touch, though it might have taken some screen time away, and the only thing they could subtract from would be the fight. I think he put it somewhere anyway, perhaps in his medical box. Heheh.

WRAITH 1: We've got him!
                          WRAITH 2: Fool, that's jsut a box of surgical implements!
                          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                          Stargate Destiny, Fan
                          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Well, "quite sure" and "definitely" are worlds apart, but OK.
                            I think the intent behind the line was to establish that the device was off. That's just how Beckett phrases things with his uber-cool Scottish accent.

Comment

I think the intent behind the line was to establish that the device was off. That's just how Beckett phrases things with his uber-cool Scottish accent.
                              I quite agree, but many here love to pick apart every line.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I know, I know, but I still think it would have been interesting if Beckett had been mistaken. *sigh* Ah well.

And any good doctor wouldn't leave his kit behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X