No announcement yet.

Runner (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good episode, There were quite a few funny scenes involving Mckay and it looks like Ronan Dex will be a good edition.
    STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
    legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

i liked this episode especially Ronan. Cos i think with his military background he would be great against the wraith. I also love Ronan's gun, it has everything in it.
      i loved watching Ronan kicking Ford's ass but i wished that they would have brought Ford back to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by andrelage
        i loved watching Ronan kicking Ford's ass...
        Whoa, now! Aiden was just about to waste Ronon before John showed up.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          Whoa, now! Aiden was just about to waste Ronon before John showed up.
          Quite. And he got his own back later, didn't he?

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
          ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

i like this episode. i think it's one of my favourite from this season. i like the situatioun between Lorne and McKay LOL. i like Lorne i think he's a funny guy. McKay sometimes makes me crazy but here he was more than ok. the scene when Lorne ran through the forest was cool. Ford played very good. it's a pity that he's gone. i think it was a good way to introduce Dex. my favourite moment was when Teyla tried to free her hands. Sheps look was...*speechless*LOL

Comment

I've just watched this episode on DVD and it really made me LOL when McKay's running away from Ford, shooting his gun. When the clip runs out, he lets out this really girly scream!

That's gotta rank up high with his reaction to the similar situation in "The Siege Part 3", which also left me in hysterics.
              sigpic

Comment

That was a hilarious sight to see.
                sigpic

Comment

I think as somebody said near the beginning of this thread, there is really no reason why they needed to send Rodney on this mission, so either I have to question Weir and Sheppard's judgement or just treat it as a bit of fun. I guess Robert Cooper wanted to put him in for some laughs, but I think it would have been better if he had given Rodney a sub-plot back on Atlantis, perhaps investigating one of the things Zelenka discovered while he was away?
                  I do like the listing of previous exposures to radiation (and I especially like that "last week"!) because that is one thing that always annoys me in other series, when people will be seconds away from a lethal dose of radiation time after time with no lasting effects. Radiation exposure is cumulative!
                  I also like the redshirts at the beginning not dying. A nice touch.
                  Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by coolove
                    My favorite moments have to be the smackdown of Sheppard by Caldwell. Bless that man's heart. I love him. Shep needs to be put in his place every once in a while and realize that he can't base everything on his personal feelings.
                    I agree that in a real military situation that one needs to be very objective and worry about prisoners passing on information etc., but I find myself appaulding Sheppard's quest to rescue Ford and I think it fits in very well with the story line. In Rising, Sheppard stresses that no one gets left behind. He tried his best, even with his own life in jeopardy, to save Sumner, but as we know he couldn't. I think Sheppard is trying to right what he considered a personal failure with Sumner by saving Ford under any circumstance. From a buddy or team show perspective I think it's a great camaraderie angle.

On a very personal note, when Caldwell said snippily that he would be sure to include Sheppard's feelings in his report, well, I was a wee bit ticked at Caldwell! He had made his point that Sheppard might be putting Atlantis at risk by trying to bring back Ford in one piece, no need to snark at Sheppard in front of everyone. Uff da.

Comment

[QUOTE=watcher652]Wow, I hit the post word limit and had to make 2 posts.

Rodney was great. Without John and Teyla there, he reverted back to his old frightened self that needs time to screw up enough courage to do what John or Teyla would do immediately.

I thought this was a great point. I know several posters were disappointed that Rodney had reverted back to being too timid after finding so much mojo in The Defiant One. But honestly, wouldn't everyone feel braver with Sheppard and/or Teyla backing them up? Absolutely no slight against Rodney. His is trained as a scientist and does his job remarkably well. And to his credit, he can also fire a gun with some proficiency. How many scientists can say that? Besides, I can only imagine being confronted with SuperFord, high levels of radiation on fair skin, and some Wraith bone wearing uber soldier would be enough to shake even the bravest of souls! So let Rodney scream a little, I have to admit, it is fun to hear him.

Comment

Well, I liked this episode, though it didn't have me at the edge of my seat. (I guess after several episodes in a row with such high tension, I was starting to get used to *huge* things happening in every ep.)

I really liked Ford in this. As others have said, it's great to see him going back and forth between being the Ford we know - just wanting to prove himself and get back to Atlantis - and being crazy "I'm-invincible-dude-don't-mess-with-me." I'm very interested to see how things will play out with Ford.

I liked Ronan. I'm looking forward to finding out more about him. And, uh, he's pretty easy on the eyes.

I wasn't as bothered by McKay's behavior in this ep as others were. And a couple of things - such as the his emptying his gun of bullets followed by a girly scream - were priceless.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks looked very strange in this episode?
                          I really like the:
                          I shot him too.
                          comment
                          spoilers for unending:
                          Spoiler:

Comment

My fave part, was rodney going on about how much radiation he has been exposed to, and saying he might have to forego reproduction.. and that mil guy (cannot remember his name to save my life) saying he was just thinking of that.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              My fave part, was rodney going on about how much radiation he has been exposed to, and saying he might have to forego reproduction.. and that mil guy (cannot remember his name to save my life) saying he was just thinking of that.
                              Major Lorne- and yup......so priceless. Poor Mckay.

Comment

At the beginning of Runner, Lorne is bending down to look at something on the ground, and the botanist cries out after discovering the Wraith body. The camera snaps up to the botanist too fast for me to tell what on the ground grabbed Lorne's attention. Lorne is attentive to his duties, so I have a hard time believing that Lorne would bend down to look at something that he did not think was potentially important. Does any know what Lorne was looking at on the ground?

Not knowing what Lorne was looking at bugs me everytime I view this episode.
                                Last edited by Naomi; 09 May 2007, 04:30 AM.
                                My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Working...
                                X