Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
    (Really need to catch up now... )
    Don't worry; you're only one episode behind. It's not like you're reaching for the impossible or anything and I wish you well on catching up.
    Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
      Don't worry; you're only one episode behind. It's not like you're reaching for the impossible or anything and I wish you well on catching up.
      Well, I think I'm about three eps behind now, but there's no real rush, right?
      Some unforseen stuff these last few days have been getting in the way!
      Cheers
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Uhhh this was the last time the Wraith were an actual threat to anybody on the show....sigh
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

I love how the marines that came in hurried up and started setting the defenses up, without really getting with the expedition people to know where/what was up.

Comment

This is one of my favorite episode of Stargate let alone SGA. It just a little sad we had to go through the god awful Moebius to get here. The writers have been building up with the coming of the Wraith for awhile now. So this was like a massive payoff for a season of buildup. I actually like Col. Evertt. Yes he was a little gruff but he had a job to do and time was a factor. He didn't have time to make Weir feel good. In addition what makes this episode so great is everyone is all over the place. One problem gets solved and another one pops up. The action was just intense that even after all this time I am still excited to watch this epiosde because I may have forgotten something. To top it off they ended this episode on a great note. Besides the general threat of the Wraith attacking almost all the main characters had some specific indvidual threat that was putting their life in danger. I remember cursing seeing Sheppherd in that Jumpers and then seeing the "to be continued" on my TV
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I wonder how things would have turned out, had Shepard NOT have been beamed out in time by the dadelus in the intro of Siege pt 3??

Comment

Sheppher dies. The rest about the same
                Jelgate is right

Comment

But much of S2 and on was cause of shep putting the team where they needed...
                  No shep, no finding out that the Aurora had a secret of the wraith.
                  No shep, no alliance with Todd. No alliance, then the Asurans take over!
                  No shep, no regaining of Atlantis after the ancients from the Tria took it back over.

Comment

Agreed. Without the Daedalus Atlantis probably would have been destroyed and possibly the Wraith would have reached Earth
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I haven't commented on all the episodes, but I enjoyed the whole season one very much. Can't wait to continue to watch, just got to say: Wow

Comment

Really liked this two parter or I guess 3 parter. Be careful if you haven't watched the next episode because there be spoilers in this thread. I knew when I seen that to be continued I should have waited before walking in here.

I really liked the battle scenes with railguns and darts flying all over the place. They really went all out. There was one thing odd though, the shoulder launchers didn't have openings. I'm not sure if that was a mistake or if they auto open when fired. Looked like they would blow themselves up if fired.

Loved the marines and interactions with everybody. It was funny how Weir was trying to get involved in a clear military matter when just a few episodes back she was mad at Shep for getting in a civilian matter.

Another odd thing, the wraith got taken out easy after a fresh life drain. A few episode back a wraith became super hard to kill because he just fed. Why were these wraith different?

This is neither here nor there but this show needs more female leads.

Comment

Wraith are as powerful as the plot commands. So they are impossible to take down before but now they can be taken down with P90 fire.

It greatly annoys me about how personal the commander takes the death of the Liquid Man. Military personnel do not act like this. Believe me, we all understand people die and in the context of that universe and report Sheppard gave, no military man would be that much of an *******. Only if he was a younger person, emotions may flare up.
                          Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post

Can I just say how much I HATE Col. Everett? Smarmy SOB. And what an idiot to try to cut Wier out of the loop. I mean surely he would take into consideration that the people who have been serving on Atlantis would feel loyalty to her and that it might make the transition to his command smoother if he kept her around?
                            I agree, could not stand him!
                            sigpic

Comment

While it would have made sense, it was typical for a new mil commander to make his presence felt.

Comment

An incredible two-parter.

I enjoyed Moebius, and while it was starkly different in feel to this type of all-out war episode and really shouldn't be compared, the Seige alone has reminded me of how much I used to love SGA as a whole and quite quickly came to prefer it to SG-1. I could gush about how much potential the premise of SGA has - the mysterious setting, the circumstances of the expedition, the amazingly creepy enemy - that makes the whole thing so intriguing, but I'd just be rambling.

I remember recently reading a comment by one of the writers or producers that the initial scene of the city firing at the wraith darts was the Disney scene of SGA because it looked like fireworks over that castle. I didn't realize the battle was going to be even greater than that and go on for so long - I absolutely loved it. They went all out, and I'll have to see if they won any awards for the visual effects and other elements of the episodes.

With every plan sounding at least halfway promising and subsequently failing, people dying left and right, the military taking over with a pompous leader, wraith infesting the city, the Genii of all people getting involved and threatening Elizabeth again... Not a dull moment imo. Although the foreshadowing of Colonel Everett's demise was laid on a little thick with his insistence on buying Liz a drink.

I mean, I don't remember if he dies - I don't remember him at all, actually - but I can only assume.

Anyway, on to the next seasons of SG-1 and SGA. I was going to wait until I'd watched something else first, but this cliffhanger doesn't leave me with much of a choice.
                                rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Working...
                                X