No announcement yet.

The Siege, Part 2 (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this episode. The whole three parter was very well written and the action was very good.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
    Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
    http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

I loved these 3 epsiodes. But it took me a while to like that Military guy from Earth! When he first stepped through the gate and a saw him i was like "ok... cool so he has the look" But then he opened his mouth and he turned into a gun happy space Clown! I mean he sounded like a cartoon character! However that effect slowly faded out after that 1rst scene. But still whenever i rewatch it I always think the same thing.

Anyways as alreday stated a great 3 episodes! Shame they had to kill off the only English guy as not only was he English but his character was also cool!

But Carson in the chair and Mckay and Zelenka banter is always classic!
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me
      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

It was a great episode. I loved every minute of it. Where The Siege part 1 is slow paced, this episode is action packed. The Siege trilogy episodes are still my favorite episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
        I did notice one thing. When Mckay is activating the chair, power is knocked out on the control tower and Weir and Everett go to the balcony, we see that drones have already been fired where as Sheppard has yet to fire them. Sounds like they made a mistake there?
        I'm pretty sure it were darts of railgun fire.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that before and wondered. It is just a big plot hole, you don't really need to worry a lot about it.
          sigpic

Comment

The Seige , Part 3 Is the Brilliant .....
            CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
            Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
            Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
            Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
            Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
            Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

The start of the war with the wraith in the season finale from season one was AWESOME!! The visual effects were amazing and it worked so well in bringing that climax and taking the audience from passive observers to almost the point where we are active participants... If only there to root the good guys on!

Great job to all those who had a hand in that scene and in the episode itself... I have based the decision to purchase the remaining available seasons solely on that remarkable piece of... art...

Thank you SO very much!!

Comment

Now this is hilarious.
                The Siege part 2 Japanese subtitles.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post

that is frikken hilarious!!!!!1
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL!!! I half-expected to see "All your base are belong to us."

Comment

i love how sheppard owns the matcho head guy who just wonders through the gate being all demanding. one of my fav episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear View Post
                        I also was initially turned off by Everett's boorishness ... You can see how his view of Dr. Weir changes as the episode progresses. ...
                        I agree. If Everett had maintained his initial attitude throughout the episode, I think his character would have been a caricature. Instead, Everett is shown to have a range of behavior, appropriate - although sometimes harsh - for the situation. Everett's attitude change made him more real for me, someone who is no nonsense, but not so bull-headed that he doesn't incorporate new information. He entered Atlantis with only the information he most likely received in briefings at SGC - civilian in charge; trouble on the way. He adjusted his behavior as he observed Atlantis' personnel in person: Atlantis personnels' support for Weir; Weir and Sheppard's determination to keep the safety of the Atlantis personnel in the forefront; and their (Weir, Sheppard, and most, if not all, of the personnel) willingness to put their lives on the line. I grew to like Everett.

Originally posted by fair_nymph View Post
                        Everett getting on Shep's case about Sumner really annoyed me. It struck me as VERY unprofessional and petty of Everett, and explained his poor attitude towards Shep (I don't believe that Shep's history of disobediance is adequate for the level of Everett's dislike).
                        I didn't have a problem with what Everett said to Sheppard, but when he said. Right before a major battle? Not the best time to distract Sheppard, whose experience with the Chair makes him vastly important in the upcoming battle.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Ahhh, I was thinking that Beckett hadn't perfected the gene thing until AFTER he got to Atlantis, but I suppose there'd be a team on Earth doing the same thing. I guess it's an explanation, anyway.
                        Or, Beckett's gene therapy work might have been sent in the data burst to SGC.

Overall, I think this episode is on par with the series' opening episode - fantastic! I'm looking at the episode years later, and I am still mesmerized by it. The effects are excellent. The battle scenes are mind blowing! Main character in peril! The only time I truly believe a main character is in peril is if the dire situation happens in a season finale. I thought the only safe 'character' for this season finale was the city of Atlantis, because otherwise they'd have to change the name of the show.

Cliff Notes version: I love it!
                        My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

this episode annoyed me when i saw it coz i had to wait a LONG time to see the next ep

Comment

ROFLMAO Oh lordy lordy, i had tears streaming down my face, that is brilliant.

now back to the episode... I liked Everett's gradual change, I felt the character was real and adjusted to the situations as more knowledge became available.

I felt this was one of the best season finales, and right up there with my favourite episodes.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

A few thoughts on the episode:

I've decided that I like Everett. To start, his intial arrogance and confidence was backed up with a lot of firepower and a good plan. Also, he soon learns to trust people, especially Weir, Teyla, and Sheppard.

The VFX were amazing, especially in the first battle. I also like how we pretty much held off the species that defeated the Ancients with what amounts to machine guns on steroids. Other species may have impressive technology, but nobody knows dakka like the Tau'ri.

Comment

star gate: backstroke of the west...
                                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Working...
                                X