Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keppiezbt
    this was a good episodes people.
    You think it's a good ep, and that's fine. I simply disagree with your assessment.

And I'm not saying that I want to know everything immediately. That would be stupid. But I want to be entertained, I want the plots to be coherent and at least semi-relevant and I don't want to have to dig through layers of effluvia to find ONE tiny worthwhile tidbit.

Give us something wild and crazy and full of red herrings and bury the important fact in the middle of it all so we at least have something to play with while we're looking.

Comment

for a spin off series the creators maybe felt that it necessary to mention the facts about the ancients once again. dont forget that we only know everything we know after having watched 8 seasons of sg1. sg-a watchers who are just becoming gaters may have needed this ep to get a feeling for the whole ancient thang!
      jm2c
      You deepfry it - i eat it

Comment

any one knows if one of the seens was film in Hawaii??? cuz if so ill be pissed OFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace-SG1-
          any one knows if one of the seens was film in Hawaii??? cuz if so ill be pissed OFF!!!!
          Why would that upset you?
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think it was all filmed in canada.
            Why should they fly to Hawai just for a couple of scenes?
            "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

No, I'm guessing it was a set made in Canada. As for the looks of the people in the town, NO, they're not trying to imitate Hawaii's culture. There are no such references to past or current cultures in Atlantis (hence why Daniel isn't needed here. ^_^)
              Enter my game site...

Comment

It would have cost them to much to film it in Hawii any way.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                  That might explain a few things, yes.

Agreed on the characterization being off. In some ways the script felt as a rehash of sorts, with the romance being thrown in there for the sake of it simply being in there - without any real connection to the storyline.

Now, what was the storyline again? Oh, right, they stumbled upon an Ancient. Somehow, that got lost in there. I wonder why.
                  Hey Liv ((((((((((Liv))))))))))))

I can't get any feel to what this episode was about except a good looking alien chick and Sheppard getting it together, and McKay running around like a headless chicken...

Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                    When girls swoon it's called thunking...when guys swoon it's called being a pig.
                    You guys should have your own... er..... thingy thread. Not sure that you thunk exactly... no! dont tell me I don't want to know..

Comment

Awwright, let me go off-convo for a bit and ask one question...

I THINK I saw a reference in McKay's dialogue, though I'm not sure if I'm right.

Grodin: It seems to be an internal, external, biosensor.
                      McKay: Sadly, I know what that means. Where did all of those Saturday nights go...
                      Erm, I assume he's refering to the airtime of new Star Trek episodes here in Canada, usually being on Saturdays (when DS9 and Voyager were playing, it was usually Saturdays that the new eps would air).

Anyone else have any idea as to what show he's refering to?
                      Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                        Anyone else have any idea as to what show he's refering to?
                        Not knowing the show schedules of Canada, I just assumed he meant he spent Saturday nights studying. Or, at least, reading random weird science geek things.

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                          this episode does not directly further the story line in anyway, it might have some sort of impact in the future, but we dont know yet. we learn a little about the ancients, and we learn nothing about the wraith. oh and we discover a new machine that scans lifesigns for any irregulaties
                          An amusing and silly episode...
                          I don't care if we don't learn anything more about the ancients or the Wraith or about the tech of that galaxy but I'm not very keen on the idea that our very cool and smart Major suddenly (suddenly being the operative word)becomes a sucker for a pretty face (and a rather dull one at that). (Or perhaps being stuck with Weir and Teyla is really getting to him) I don't think that I'm that naive to think that nobody is going to cast their eye over Sheppard during the course of the expedition but really, the guy lost all sense of reason!
                          I'm hoping against hope that all this is telling us something significant about Sheppard... that he is some Ancient reborn or some such thing. Otherwise, the episode will stay in my mind as comic relief.
                          Less testosterone and more of the closet mathematical genius please...
                          Last edited by Easter Lily; 05 December 2004, 03:11 PM.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            An amusing and silly episode...
                            I don't care if we don't learn anything more about the ancients or the Wraith or about the tech of that galaxy but I'm not very keen on the idea that our very cool and smart Major suddenly (suddenly being the operative word)becomes a sucker for a pretty face (and a rather dull one at that). (Or perhaps being stuck with Weir and Teyla is really getting to him) I don't think that I'm that naive to think that nobody is going to cast their eye over Sheppard during the course of the expedition but really, the guy lost all sense of reason!
                            I'm hoping against hope that all this is telling us something significant about Sheppard... that he is some Ancient reborn or some such thing. Otherwise, the episode will stay in my mind as comic relief.
                            Less testosterone and more of the closet mathematical genius please...
                            hey dont get me wrong, just cus i dont think this episode didnt really serve much purpose in furthering the story line, doesnt mean i didnt love it. i thought it was a great episode, and i hope we see more of the ancient chick in the future.
                            Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
                            Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
                            Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
                            Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                              hey dont get me wrong, just cus i dont think this episode didnt really serve much purpose in furthering the story line, doesnt mean i didnt love it. i thought it was a great episode, and i hope we see more of the ancient chick in the future.
                              So long as Athar doesn't become a recurring character, since seeing Sheppard getting serious with an Ascended Ancient is folly.
                              Enter my game site...

Comment

Really enjoyed the episode, atlantis rocks so far. I LOVED it when McKay said "Oh my God, he is Kirk"! I couldn't stop laughing! McKay is definetly my favorite character on the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X