No announcement yet.

The Defiant One (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just felt like watching the Episode again and noticed a cute little Star Trek reference (again, another ST reference... Any more of these and they'll be seriously overdoing it)

"He's in my ship" - Shep
    "Who do you think you are; Captain Kirk?" - McKay
    Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by waz
      I thought it was just Lanteans.

Lol, for some reason I always seem to be contradicting wass in all the threads.....supose its just his fault for copying my name
      Hey I was here before you , is waz short for wesley.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
        "This ship... Is Atlantean" - The Wraith (that's actually how he's credited... darn it, I wish Sheppard could have given him a name)
        I thought we agreed on Greg

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

No, he says Atlantean.

Good thing I taped the episode. ^_^
          So I got the spellings wrong but that's what I meant as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
            I thought we agreed on Greg
            Unofficially, we did (thanks to MartoufMarty) but officially he's The Wraith.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

any info on that orbital platform?

Comment

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3
                any info on that orbital platform?
                Aside from it being as large as a Goa'uld mothership and it being the "LAST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE WRAITH" (NOT the first, geez), nothing right now.

One assumption is that this thing is very likely what shot down that Wraith cargo ship.
                Enter my game site...

Comment

I loved this episode! There was a lot of development and depth that the suicide scene added to the feel of the episode. Not too many shows would be so bold; I'm very impressed by the kind of episode this turned out to be.

I missed Ford, but he got to wear the desert MARPAT camo, so that was cool.

Theories:

Bugs: Sheppard himself thought that something other than recent feedings was giving the Wraith (Greg) extra regenerative powers. When you watch Greg interact with the Bugs, he always grabs them with his life-sucking hand. I believe that the Bugs supercharged Greg and allowed him to survive for so long and be much more resiliant than the average Wraith.

Even if the Bugs didn't serve a real purpose, it's reasonable to assume that when we go to alien planets we'll see alien things...get over it.
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I was thinking that it might be the fact Greg had fed from other Wraith, so he may have taken their strength when he took their life energy.

Comment

I think the theory presented in the actual episode is the best and logical explanation for Greg to survive that many bullets.

Comment

Aside from it being as large as a Goa'uld mothership and it being the "LAST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE WRAITH" (NOT the first, geez), nothing right now.

One assumption is that this thing is very likely what shot down that Wraith cargo ship.
                        That was pretty obvious but what I don’t understand is why the wraith did not destroy it completely.

Comment

I think the theory presented in the actual episode is the best and logical explanation for Greg to survive that many bullets.
                          what theory?
                          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Mackay: “Dr Beckett has theorised that the wraiths ability to heal itself is directly proportionate to have recently it has feed.”

Comment

I'd agree except for the fact that when McKay presented that theory, Sheppard said that he thought that something else beyond that was going on. I think that "something else" was the Wraith feeding off of the energy bugs.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

It's possible or it was the energy bar

Comment

Working...
                                X