Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgbland View Post
    Great Shep Episode!
    I think this was one of if not the best, McKay and Sheppard episodes. They worked really well together this is what SGA needs more of, I do wish Peter would be given some more scripts to write.

Comment

It's a shame Atlantis had that brief period where they went from McKay being very competent with a gun (as seen here) to being haplessly useless for the comedic effect. They've grown out of that now, though.

Regarding this episode, this is easily one of the best of the five-year run, and one of my personal favorites. The show is at its best sometimes when it takes chances going to dark places, and such was the case here.
      Theoretically spoilerish:
      Spoiler:
      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
        It's a shame Atlantis had that brief period where they went from McKay being very competent with a gun (as seen here) to being haplessly useless for the comedic effect. They've grown out of that now, though.

Regarding this episode, this is easily one of the best of the five-year run, and one of my personal favorites. The show is at its best sometimes when it takes chances going to dark places, and such was the case here.
        Competant? in what way do you feel that not knowing how to reload is competant? Any idiot can point a shoot the thing. But the fact that he didn't even know how to reload indicates that he has never been given any weapons training.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Competant? in what way do you feel that not knowing how to reload is competant? Any idiot can point a shoot the thing. But the fact that he didn't even know how to reload indicates that he has never been given any weapons training.
          Wow, an unnecessarily volatile response, BUT...

He shot and hit the Wraith with basically every round. That looked perfectly competent to me.
          Theoretically spoilerish:
          Spoiler:
          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
            Wow, an unnecessarily volatile response, BUT...

He shot and hit the Wraith with basically every round. That looked perfectly competent to me.
            Sorry. Didn't mean to sound so hard. Having a bad morning.

Anyway as i was saying just because he can fire and hit something it doesn't mean you're competant at it. the human body (ok humanoid) is actuallya pretty big target when you think about it and bullets do tend to head in a straight line. thinking about it now he did actually seem to know how to reload in the ep he just needed prompting to do so which indictes to me that he wasn't very proficient at it. wouldn't really call that competant really.

Again i apologise for my previous post.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I personally thought this was the best episode of season 1 (The Siege parts 1 & 2 close behind). Would have been an interesting dynamic if there had been 2 Wraith instead of 1, but I'll take the episode for what it was: a nice look at Wraith technology, a little insight into their culture and feeding, and overall quite entertaining.

Wonder if those Wraith grenades will ever appear again.

Comment

this is a ok episode i just like that u see how much McKay has changed from when he was in Stargate commend. altho Shepperd should have been able to shot and re load better then he did
                sigpic

Comment

I re-watched this last night and I was so surprised to find McKay so dying to get out and help Sheppard and in later eps he is parody of self being all scaredy - as said above. Great episode and loved McKay in this especially.
                  sigpic

Jack: 'Mature symbiote, Immature host'
                  Teal'c: 'Indeed'
                  Artifysial: 'Thanks a million'

Comment

One of my favorite episodes and it was a plus that it centered to my favorite characters (Sheppard and Mckay). The wraith's resilience was freaky and I was very worried if Sheppard and McKay would actually get off the planet alive. The scene with the Wraith and energy bugs was hilarious to watch until the drone was heading towards him. Here, it somehow communicated through the Wraith's eyes his shock with that crazy gleam of disbelief that he's now toast and that he couldn't torment Sheppard anymore.

Comment

this is probably my most favourite episode of the entire season

Comment

Reno Nevada writes: “Hey Peter - I just wanted to thank you for “The Defiant One.” It’s one of those episodes I will always sit down to watch, whenever it’s on, and is one of the first I mention when discussing Atlantis. Thanks for a great adventure!”

PDL: Thanks. The story was inspired by the Film “Hell in the Pacific” with Lee Marvin and Toshiro Mifune. The title was inspired by “The Defiant Ones” with Tony Curtis and Sidney Poitier, because the Wraith refuses to die and admires Sheppard’s defiance.

Dovil writes: “The Defiant One was one of my favourite episodes and your commentaries were some of the funniest things out - I laughed so hard I died, which was tragic for everyone concerned.
                        No, wait, that’s not a question. Read it aloud in a quizzical voice and maybe add a question mark to it. Yeah, I’ve got nothing. What’s your credit card number?”

PDL: You’re funny. You should write for television.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

This was one of the worse eps of S1. It was so boring
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            This was one of the worse eps of S1. It was so boring
                            That is because you can't handle episodes without big explosions
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              That is because you can't handle episodes without big explosions
                              I know All there was were sand....and more sand....An yet more sand...And measly guns.

But it was boring
                              sigpic

Comment

i liked how they re-used energy creatures, question: did the wraith feed off those creatures or just squish them?

Comment

Working...
                                X