The Defiant One (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GatetheWay
    That would of been better then his pointless speech about how much better he was then McKay.
    That wasn't a speech, it was a joke. Because Brandon was so weak it kinda came out wrong. He and Rodney obviously have history because they feel comfortable joking with each other the way friends do. The "girlish fear" comment was my favorite.

I think it would of been an interesting twist in the story. I still have a shred of hope that maybe in season two they'll mention he was in fact Nyan.
    I think it is extremely unlikely that Dr. Brandon Gaul was, in fact, Nyan from Bedrosia. I certainly hope it wasn't because that would mean Nyan was dead...and fat.
    Liaison of F.O.R.D.
    Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Well, Nyan might as well be dead because when they reuse an actor for a different character on the some-what-same show he had appeared before, then its safe to assume that we will never see Nyan again.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Well, Nyan might as well be dead because when they reuse an actor for a different character on the some-what-same show he had appeared before, then its safe to assume that we will never see Nyan again.
        I'd rather have a character I like not be dead, even if I haven't seen him for a while. I suppose you want Cassandra dead, too.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I really liked Nyan in 'New Groud' I'm just disappionted we will never know what happened to him after he escaped to Earth. It seemed like a promising story arc.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
          Spoiler:

Comment

i'm a newbie here
            i remember the wraith say "I’ve fed upon countless thousands of humans, Atlanteans, even a part of my own crew."
            So they feed on other life form or something?

Comment

I really liked Nyan in 'New Groud' I'm just disappionted we will never know what happened to him after he escaped to Earth. It seemed like a promising story arc.
              I agree. I think that there should have been an episode in season six where Nyan goes back to Bedrosia and finds that the Optricans are winning the war. Nyan, with the help of his Terran friends, is able to speak the truth, negotiate an end to the war, and be a hero to his people. It would have been a great episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                I agree. I think that there should have been an episode in season six where Nyan goes back to Bedrosia and finds that the Optricans are winning the war. Nyan, with the help of his Terran friends, is able to speak the truth, negotiate an end to the war, and be a hero to his people. It would have been a great episode!
                That echos a lot of what happened to Jonas. Maybe TPTB viewed their character arcs as too similar.
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  That echos a lot of what happened to Jonas. Maybe TPTB viewed their character arcs as too similar.
                  True, but I think because the war between the Bedrosians and the Optricans was about the Stargate specifically, they could have found a way to meaning fully differentiate the two stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                    True, but I think because the war between the Bedrosians and the Optricans was about the Stargate specifically, they could have found a way to meaning fully differentiate the two stories.
                    True, and hopefully this will be the last off-topic post (), but TPTB also view Daniel and Jonas a pretty similar. I think that they both could be regulars on the series myself, but I guess in both cases, it is nothing more than personal opinion.
                    Rocky

Comment

Did anyone else think the shield was something the Wraith set up by himself, and that the PJ's don't have shields? That was my immediate first impression.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                        True, and hopefully this will be the last off-topic post (), but TPTB also view Daniel and Jonas a pretty similar. I think that they both could be regulars on the series myself, but I guess in both cases, it is nothing more than personal opinion.
                        I agree completely! I so wish they could have kept those two together. I never thought of Jonas as a Daniel clone, he definately developed his own unique character. I always liked how Jonas was a bit more militarily minded than Daniel. He was like a cool smart guy with a gun!

Okay...back on topic.
                        Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
                        Did anyone else think the shield was something the Wraith set up by himself, and that the PJ's don't have shields? That was my immediate first impression.
                        That's what I thought, too. I was afraid to mention it because I didn't want to incur the wrath of the pro-shielders. They're almost as rabid as the pro-shippers ...kidding!

Comment

One word...BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Paintballman
                            One word...BOOM!
                            What?
                            Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                            Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
                              What?
                              When the wraith was hit by the weapon from the puddle jumper.

Comment

This is my first post and I do regret it, I am now going to waste another portion of my life in another forum!

Anyway, i'm normally a lurker and I just had to post this because some of you guys have missed out on some things in this episode. I've read every comment as well to make sure.

STAR TREK reference: Sheppard says when cloaking the PJ, "Everybody remember where we parked". I'm not going to tell you which movie its from, you guys should know .

With regard to the wraith hotwiring the ship, i got the impression that he knew his way around the technology, having fought a war, you would of course come across their tech and explore it. I felt he knew how the systems worked and thus activated the shield, but since any tech the wraith would discover would be damaged, its reasons for not working (other than thinking, its badly damaged, the lights won't come on) wouldn't be explained until they had an intact peice of technology. In other words, he knew his way around the system but didn't know you needed a gene in order to use it, like flying the ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X