The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GatetheWay
    Did anyone see that really funny bandage that Rodney had on at the end? Why didn't he take off his jacket when he put it on? What a stupid thing to do when he's suppose to be a genius. My guess is that he may of just been looking for some sympathy.
    Because if it was UNDER the jacket, no one would see it and no one would ask, "My god, Rodney! What happened to your arm??" and then he'd launch into this hugely embellished version of what happened and how he fought off 20 armed men with nothing but his sharp wit and a pen (which is mightier than the sword) in order to protect Dr. Weir. And she was all deeply and, uh, embarrassingly grateful about it, but he brushed her off because it was unseemly, especially in front of the enemy, but really, she was all over him...

Comment

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Clearly you haven't known many physicists. Genius doesn't apply to everything.
        Where is his common sense then?!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
          Where is his common sense then?!
          And I repeat. Know many physicsts?

Comment

Didn't know he had any common sense.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I wonder what Beckett said about it?

In the scene before he had had his jacket off.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Because if it was UNDER the jacket, no one would see it and no one would ask, "My god, Rodney! What happened to your arm??" and then he'd launch into this hugely embellished version of what happened and how he fought off 20 armed men with nothing but his sharp wit and a pen (which is mightier than the sword) in order to protect Dr. Weir. And she was all deeply and, uh, embarrassingly grateful about it, but he brushed her off because it was unseemly, especially in front of the enemy, but really, she was all over him...
                I can COMPLETELY hear Rodney saying this, even as I read it.
                Kiyuchan
                Nudara @ AIM
                livejournal.com/~kiyuchan

Comment

I agree that would be Rodney.

Comment

LMFAO! Oh man, you crack me up! That's hilarious! I bet I'd laugh even harder at it if McKay actully did that LOL!

Anyways, as for The Eye - it and The Storm (they're pretty much unseperable, imo, being a 2-parter) are my favourite Season 1 Atlantis episodes. I watched them back-to-back when I decided I wanted to see Atlantis and began downloading all the episodes out so far.

And no, I didn't overly like the Sora/Teyla knife fight, it just seemed badly done. The idea was good but it was poorly executed, imo.

Everything else was awesome! I hope there are more Genii episodes in season 2 as they're an interesting enemy for the Earth humans And Koyla was a great villain, too I love the hero/villain interaction that Sheppard had with him.

The way Sora switched sides kinda confuses me, though.. like.. she DID seem to have issues with some of the Genii tactics (like when Koyla killed those two guys when the strike team first arrived) but how she just took a 180 and switched sides doesn't make sense.. she could be a spy, though. She also knew she had to get out of the hall or she would die. I hope we find out what happens with her soon, though... like in season 2
                    Last edited by Kalinda; 25 January 2005, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Just rewatching my tape of the show and I notice the banter between Beckett and Ford. IMO, Beckett talks alot when he get nervous and Ford is impatience with him. Teyla was the calming effect for the two by interupting at the right time.

Comment

Just a few things I'd like to mention that hasn't been covered:

- The armory scene. (discussed way back in the beginning of the thread) Ford went back and grabbed to extra ammo clips right after telling Telya and Beckett to only take a few. The point (IMO) was that Ford didn't trust Teyla and Beckett with a P90 - he figured (probably correctly) he'd be the one doing the shooting if it came to it, despite taking the stunner.

- Sheppard's killing, especially putting up the shield. In addition to the fact that Sheppard is a soldier, and killing is what they do, they were trying to contrast Sheppard's character with Teyla; (again, IMO) they wanted to reinforce that Sheppard was a trained soldier, in contrast to Teyla, who is a "homegrown" warrior who tries not to kill when she can.
                        aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Redwall
                          The armory scene. (discussed way back in the beginning of the thread) Ford went back and grabbed to extra ammo clips right after telling Telya and Beckett to only take a few. The point (IMO) was that Ford didn't trust Teyla and Beckett with a P90 - he figured (probably correctly) he'd be the one doing the shooting if it came to it, despite taking the stunner.
                          He told the other to take only two ammo clips but you didn't see him take two for himself at that time. Then he went back to get his two before he followed Telya and Beckett. That's what I get from it.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                            He told the other to take only two ammo clips but you didn't see him take two for himself at that time. Then he went back to get his two before he followed Telya and Beckett. That's what I get from it.
                            Either that, or he is a soldier and he grabbed an extra just in case. It's been known to happen.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Cool episode! I liked it a lot, a lot. I liked the premise, and I think it was really well-written and well-directed.

It showed how resourceful Shep can be when he's alone - which doesn't surprise me. It showed how competent Ford can be as a military officer - this also doesn't surprise me, though he really did like to boss Beckett around a lot! It also showed that Weir/McKay make good hostages, meaning Weir is a good McKay-pacifier (no ship intended).

Also, I think Teyla was pretty merciful in her treatment of that Genii-Wench. The force with which she threw that knife into the freakin' Atlantian floor scared the Wraith outta me.

Beckett is funny no matter WHO is with him, and that kills me. He's played off of McKay, he's played off of Sheppard, and now he's playing off of Ford, and it's really hilarious.

This has probably been said before (whoo, 30 pages!), but I just wanted to mention that I noticed how they've managed to break their large cast up into sections. They have the community scenes of everyone (comprised of ninety billion Canadian extras, I'm sure) in Atlantis - specifically the non-military scientists and/or the Athosians. This is to be expected for nearly every ep.

And THEN they break up the main characters. They've managed to divide the "leads" from the "not-so-leads" into teams, it seems. Weir, Sheppard, and McKay tend to be in one corner, while Teyla, Beckett, and Ford are in another. I don't think it's ever been this obvious before, but Weir, Shep, and McKay tend to be the main focus (kinda like Daniel, Sam, and Jack in those first seasons ), so it was REALLY obvious towards the end of the ep this time.

Slightly off-topic, but I think I'm just really jonesin' for some more interaction solely between Teyla and Weir. Unfortunately (for some weird reason), if there are only two lead women in a show, and they don't interact a lot, it DOES give off the impression that there's either tension or a lack of mutual respect, or... something. I don't think that's the case, but I think some fans have already kinda put them on opposite sides of the court, so to speak (I mean, look at the growing ship groups!).

I know that Weir has expressed concern for Teyla in eps, because she's a good person, and I know that Teyla has always respected Weir's position, because she's a good person, too. But there really should be some kind of mutual realization on their parts besides, "Hey, yeah, I understand why you thought I was a threat, and I understand why you did what you did," (see "Suspicion," I believe) you know?

Let's face it: Both of these women are LEADERS of many, many, MANY people, for crying out loud. The potentially positive social implications of this creative decision could be analyzed until November, but having these two leaders have next to no one-on-one contact is a little weird.

Overall, I give the ep a 10, because, though I like Atlantis, I very rarely feel compelled to watch my recorded version of one of their eps. Normally the original broadcast is all I need. In this case, I definitely liked re-watching the episode.

Comment

Awesome episode! Very well written as always.

Thing I loved the most is we really get to see the harder side of Shep. Awesome character. And i'm REALLY enjoying Tayla.
                                It feels good to be alive.
                                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
                                X