The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
    Shep really was a Cold hearted SOB turning on that shield. I mena its one think killing people in a fair fight but to me letting people walk happily into disintergration is murder, He could have just shut the gate down.
    No he couldn't. They would have just re-opened the gate from the other side and the remaining Genii would still come through. It was them - all of them - or him.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

*Cough* killing people during an hostile invasion is murder? Ok then I guess the US have alot of murderers in Iraq now that're gonna get on death row when they get back.

Turning on the shield is the least painful way one can die on, since you never reintergrate you never feel any pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
        Shep really was a Cold hearted SOB turning on that shield. I mena its one think killing people in a fair fight but to me letting people walk happily into disintergration is murder, He could have just shut the gate down. sure that would have killed a few troops but it wouldn't be mass murder.
        Turning on the shield was the only choice Sheppard had. Deactivating the Stargate would have only slowed them down for a few minutes. After the troops came through, Sheppard locked down the Stargate so they couldn't dial out and tell the rest of the Genii to send more troops. As far as the homeworld was concerned, all 60 troops made it safe and sound.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

What I don't understand is why didn't the Gen'ii stop sending troops, as the Girl clearly sends back a radio message for them to stop, this I suppose raises the question does the shield block radio waves?

The GDO's work tho, so I dunno why they didn't get the message...

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
            What I don't understand is why didn't the Gen'ii stop sending troops, as the Girl clearly sends back a radio message for them to stop, this I suppose raises the question does the shield block radio waves?

The GDO's work tho, so I dunno why they didn't get the message...
            The shield doesn't block radio waves because in "Suspicion" Weir was talking with Teyla with the shield up. Sheppard probably activated an RF dampener/jammer to prevent the Genii from radioing that the shield was up. If they did, the Genii would just wait until the gate was secured before sending the troops.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

yeah i enjoyed the eye as well

Comment

Hmmm... Anyone else thinking that SciFi might get cold feet about airing this episode right now, what with the tsunami and the giant wave and everything in it?
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Wow, just realised that. That timing sucks. I thought they aired The Storm at the same time hurricane Ivan was out and about, though. If I'm right about that maybe someone in the schedualing is psychic. Or maybe one of the writers... This is weird.
                  ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                    Hmmm... Anyone else thinking that SciFi might get cold feet about airing this episode right now, what with the tsunami and the giant wave and everything in it?
                    I doubt it. I got the Storm while Hurricane Ivan was right me, quite literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      I doubt it. I got the Storm while Hurricane Ivan was right me, quite literally.
                      Somehow I don't think so either. While it was a major tragedy (and correct me if I'm wrong), it was one that affected only a few Americans.

Comment

So yeah, I haven't read most of the earlier posts, so sue me

Fischer's Pointless Ramblings about the Eye

Wow.

Given how much I hated SG1's episode tonight, I'm very glad that I knew I'd LOVE this one. Even horribly spoiled, it was tense and interesting and I was routing for the good guys to take out the bad guys. Always a good sign that occasionally doens't work when I feel like the good guys don't deserve to win.

Sheppard as the one man army was very cool, though I really did have to wonder how a pilot was so good at small unit and guarrilla tactics. Survival and evation school I guess. Either way, very cool.

JF, TH, and DH did amazing work, and I loved all of them. The three of them must have been wiped out by the time they got home from work after filming this stuff. I'm an unabashed Sheppard/Weir shipper, and this is the one with great Sheppard Weir angst. Can't go wrong with angst.
                        Last edited by Major Fischer; 21 January 2005, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Best Atlantis episode yet, I think by far.

This is the first time I've respected Sheppard's intelligence, as well as the first time Ford has been given enough lines to actually exhibit his personality.

Comment

Way to go, Shepard! I also enjoyed the fight that Teyla had with Sora. Too bad, Carson had got a slight concousion. And Rodney took up with Weir saying they need her code when they probably didn't them.

Comment

Probably didn't need them? She was making it up as she went along! Did you see the looks she threw Rodney when he said "And?" and "And the second sequence?" Total WTF look.

GREAT ep though. And STUNNING vizFX. Not just the storm itself, but the lightning in the halls. LOVED that.

And ya know, I keep forgetting that Atlantis is completely CGI. I mean, I know some times, but other times I forget....

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                So yeah, I haven't read most of the earlier posts, so sue me

Fischer's Pointless Ramblings about the Eye

Wow.

Given how much I hated SG1's episode tonight, I'm very glad that I knew I'd LOVE this one. Even horribly spoiled, it was tense and interesting and I was routing for the good guys to take out the bad guys. Always a good sign that occasionally doens't work when I feel like the good guys don't deserve to win.

Sheppard as the one man army was very cool, though I really did have to wonder how a pilot was so good at small unit and guarrilla tactics. Survival and evation school I guess. Either way, very cool.

JF, TH, and DH did amazing work, and I loved all of them. The three of them must have been wiped out by the time they got home from work after filming this stuff. I'm an unabashed Sheppard/Weir shipper, and this is the one with great Sheppard Weir angst. Can't go wrong with angst.

The Sheppard/Weir stuff was fabulous. He was really REALLY worried about her. Loved all their interactions, even when it was just his reaction to thinking her dead, then reacting to her being alive.

I've always thought Shep was black ops. An airforce major...a fly boy...wouldn't know the ground/tactical stuff without being specially trained. So..Shep is so trained. LOL

And he's very adaptable. Loved the ep.

Comment

Working...
                                X