No announcement yet.

The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It isn't TPTB, it's SCIFI. They run counter-programming so that their new shows/seasons premiere during what is normally rerun season. There's a hiatus when the other shows all have new eps and then it picks up again when those shows go into reruns. Or something like that...

Comment

Now you know the VFX team has really been working hard for thier money.
      Wier: Nice work Rodney!
      McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
      Wier: Yes, several times....
      [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

IMO I think they did a fine job so far for the season as whole.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          I agree conceptually, but when they were about to pick off the last few Genii, the non-lethal option would have been just as effective. Killing earlier in the episode was necessary because Sheppard didn't have the time or resources to restrain the stunned Genii, so they could potentially threaten him again. John and Ford were making one last push to retake the gate, so once they were done, they could have sorted through the stunned bodies and taken them to the brig.

Trust me, there definately was a part of me that felt satisfaction and redemption when John raised the shield, or decended upon the assassination squad that came after him. Kolya killed two of our people in cold blood, and that is unacceptable. The Genii paid dearly for attacking us, and they will likely think twice before trying it again!
          I'm no military mind but this is my take on it:
          From what I can remember, Kolya was ordered to pick up "certain" supplies but when he got there, he decided to get creative and take over the entire facility. It was his arrogance really that was ultimately his undoing... thinking that he can invade the place and take on an old hand like Sheppard without any preparation. Also, it was he who tried to take out Sheppard first and make threats about killing Weir and McKay as well... and at the risk of sounding ruthless... really, he did bring it upon himself. He himself told the Colm Meaney character that his troops weren't ready for the raid in the first place but becaue he was awestruck by Atlantis, he decided to claim it for the Genii. It was sheer arrogance on his part.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'm not saying that the killing in self-defense wasn't justified, it most certainly was; I'm just asking if it was necessary.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I'm not saying that the killing in self-defense wasn't justified, it most certainly was; I'm just asking if it was necessary.
              It was necessary. Especially as the Genii reinforcements came through the 'gate.
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                It was necessary. Especially as the Genii reinforcements came through the 'gate.
                Sorry, I meant was it necessary when they made the last push for the gate. Sheppard told Aiden to put down the Stunner and "shoot to kill." If they were taking the last of the Genii, there was no real reason to go out of their way to kill them. If John had allowed Aiden to keep the Stunner, they'd had more hostages instead of more corpses. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Sorry, I meant was it necessary when they made the last push for the gate. Sheppard told Aiden to put down the Stunner and "shoot to kill." If they were taking the last of the Genii, there was no real reason to go out of their way to kill them. If John had allowed Aiden to keep the Stunner, they'd had more hostages instead of more corpses. That's all I'm saying.
                  Ok. I get ya. Makes sense, but in Sheppard's defense, the wraith stunner is bigger, bulkier, and probably harder to use than a P-90.
                  Rocky

Comment

Ok. I get ya. Makes sense, but in Sheppard's defense, the wraith stunner is bigger, bulkier, and probably harder to use than a P-90.
                    That's true. Aiden was probably better off using the weapon he was most familiar with, but I'd still trust him with just about any weapon...that's the only significant thing that TPTB have told us about Lt. Ford. If I were him I'd be afraid of hitting Weir or McKay, so I'd probably want the Stunner, or better yet, a zat.

Comment

I don't know if this question has been asked yet and I also posted this on the Storm thread as well but I'm posting it here for good measure.

Question: When Atlantis got it's final grounding station disconnected and the sheild became powered up by lightning, electrifying the halls and leaving only the command tower safe, why didn't all their equipment and stuff they left in the city get fried?

Edit: Oh, and did anyone think Ford was a little too impatient with Beckett? I was starting to agree with Beckett that Ford was realy bossy when he was incommand but then again Ford must of been a little mad that both Tayla and Beckett shot down his discion to return to the city so many time in 'The Storm.'
                      Last edited by GatetheWay; 11 December 2004, 09:41 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                        Oh, and did anyone think Ford was a little too impatient with Beckett? I was starting to agree with Beckett that Ford was really bossy when he was incommand but then again Ford must of been a little mad that both Tayla and Beckett shot down his discion to return to the city so many time in 'The Storm.'
                        I agree that Ford was probably more assertive in his command because they felt so comfortable overruling him in the Jumper.

I don't think it was because Ford was "mad," it was because Ford wanted to make sure his orders were followed. Beckett knows nothing about fighting, and Teyla isn't used to urban warfare with ranged weapons. The lieutentant needed to make sure they did what he said, or someone might get hurt.

Comment

Makes sense.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                            Question: When Atlantis got it's final grounding station disconnected and the sheild became powered up by lightning, electrifying the halls and leaving only the command tower safe, why didn't all their equipment and stuff they left in the city get fried?
                            Maybe that's what they were fixing in "Hot Zone."
                            Rocky

Comment

Maybe that's what they were fixing in "Hot Zone."
                              What do you mean?

Edit: *Warning Spoilers* from 'Hot Zone'
                              Weren't they only fixing structural damage from flooding because of the hurricane? Their own earth equipment seemed fine.
                              Last edited by GatetheWay; 14 December 2004, 08:17 AM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Was wandering round a russian name meaning place type thing (trying to find possible names for Zelenka) and I came across this:

KOLENKA/KOLYA: of the conquering people

Just thought I'd share this.
                                ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Working...
                                X