The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancients Rising

The only thing that bugged me was how did Colia (sp?) know that you need two senior personnel to activate the self-destruct. Also it was strange just how easily McKay told the Genii about what exactly they were going to do to save Atlantis from the storm. He could have just said we were trying to come up with a plan and blabbed about something else instead of telling them exactly about the grounding stations.
    I was also curious how Koyla knew that about the self-destruct but then I thought about it and realized: maybe it’s a universal military thing to do when a self-destruct is needed. If there were a self-destruct on any planet they wouldn't allow it to be activated by only one person that would be really dangerous. I don't think there is a better or different way but I'm not a military person so I wouldn't know.

About McKay giving up the information so quickly: I really like McKay he is my favorite character but he is no Major Sheppard he is not used to being hurt all the time, he is only a scientist and thinks constantly about his self-preservation. But I think this maybe a turning point in McKay's character where he will toughen up a bit. He is also a pritty bad liar.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

Great ep, especially for MacKay and Shepherd. Even Ford got a good part, although still v small. It was similar in nature to a Voyager double ep I once saw (s2 finale?) but better. I can't think of any plug for the plothole of Coyla knowing about the self-destruct, except that McKay told him . Roll on next week, I'm sure Shep will be v v heroic

Madeleine

Comment

Definitely the best Atlantis episode so far. Didn't think it would be too long before we saw the Genii again, they’ve made a really good villain out of them already.

The scene where Rodney asks if people think he's superman was hilarious, as Sheppard asks if anybody was actually thinking that, the rest of the teams reaction was great.

Can't wait for the next episode, Ford and Teyla will likely become involved in retaking Atlantis somehow.

Comment

I thought England had The Eye already, Terok. Or was that just Canada?
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

no, storm was the latest one in the uk!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I liked this episode, not as good as some of the other Atlantis eps but still pretty decent. I liked the interaction between Mckay and that Zelenka guy. Verry funny Hope the next episode is as good!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                Actually, humans from Earth are directly related because the last Ancients that fled from Atlantis (those that remained in corporeal form and did not ascend) mixed in with the general population...that's why some Terrans have the Ancient gene.
                Maybe. Or maybe the Ancients didn't "mix" with humans, and those of us who now have the Ancient gene represent the next step forward in our evolution.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Humans from Earth are directly related because the last Ancients that fled from Atlantis (those that remained in corporeal form and did not ascend) mixed in with the general population...that's why some Terrans have the Ancient gene.
                  Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  Maybe. Or maybe the Ancients didn't "mix" with humans, and those of us who now have the Ancient gene represent the next step forward in our evolution.
                  That could be, but what are the chances we'd evolve into exactly the same being as the Ancients with exactly the right gene? Sure all humans look alike, but I'm sure that there are still differences in our genetic structures from planet to planet. Jonas is a good example of that. That's mainly why I would reason someone would have to be a direct descendant of an Ancient to possess their gene.

Comment

That could be, but what are the chances we'd evolve into exactly the same being as the Ancients with exactly the right gene?
                    Chance has nothing to do with it. Our entire evolution was pre-programmed by the Ancients.

Comment

Chance has nothing to do with it. Our entire evolution was pre-programmed by the Ancients.
                      Hmmm...again, you could be right, but I'm of the persuasion that even the Ancients don't have to power to completely foresee any and all evolutionary needs and accommodate them in a "pre-programmmed" life form. I would think that the Ancients would use their genetic stucture as a foundation, but allow nature to take it's course in determining the best and most efficient outcome for the environment.

Comment

Hmmm...again, you could be right, but I'm of the persuasion that even the Ancients don't have to power to completely foresee any and all evolutionary needs and accommodate them in a "pre-programmmed" life form.
                        Then how come all civilizations in Pegasus are humans that look like us as well?

Comment

Then how come all civilizations in Pegasus are humans that look like us as well?
                          Because the Ancients used their form as a foundation, but allowed nature to make genetic adjustments as needed. Physical appearance would be least likely to change because it is the least likely to need to be changed...it's just aesthetics so the Ancients weren't too concerned about making it static.

Comment

Because the Ancients used their form as a foundation, but allowed nature to make genetic adjustments as needed. Physical appearance would be least likely to change because it is the least likely to need to be changed...it's just aesthetics so the Ancients weren't too concerned about making it static.
                            Eh, maybe. I still say human evolution was pre-determined, though. Especially since it was hinted at in 'Frozen'.

Comment

Eh, maybe. I still say human evolution was pre-determined, though. Especially since it was hinted at in 'Frozen'.
                              Cool, thanks for the intellectual exercise it was fun. Though I disagree with you, I respect your opinion and find it well-reasoned.

Have a good day, I'm off to lunch.

Comment

Evolution is dependant o the environment, survivla of the fittest, it can't be predetermined it would defeat the point.
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X