No announcement yet.

The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellant Episode. Like the Genai commandered. Liked Shep feel sorey for McKay and Ford.

Now can't wait for next week so shep can kick that b@stards ass.
    Also does any one else see some major foreshadowing in that stick fight. What have we seen Teyla uses in a fight? Sticks? So whats the odds on a Teyla vs Gemnai girl catfight?
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

OK...

1. I can't say I blame the Atlantis crew for being aggressive. Desperate times call for desperate measues.

2. Robert Davi(if he's the guy I think he is) was cooler in License to Kill.

3. The Gate activates and I think to myself 'here come the Genii!' A load of Athosians seemingly come in and it's 'Oh, it's just some Athosians'. The two guys get shot and it's 'Oh it IS the Genii! Bstards.'

4. Good work from Sheppard in this ep generally.

5. And yes the Genii are begging to have their arses deep fried.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Execellent episode. Good storyline. I liked the 'superman' scene where McKay said "despite what all you all may think I am not superman" with Shappard's response being "did anyone think you were?". Great stuff.

It was an execellent ending too. I'd like to know if the shield will actually get powered and if Sheppard will try to mount a rescue of them all. Good tactical skills too when the Genii tried to attack him. Oh and Crazed, we'll have to see.
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
          Sheppard is definitely my favorite character but after seeing this episode, I'd really like to see alot more of Dr Zelenka. Not to put down McKay because he IS a great character but I prefer Zelenkas calm to McKay atitude. The two characters do play well together.

SGA seems to get better and better with each episode.
          Agreed. I loved the Mckay/Zelenka banter in this, I love McKay, just so much.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I thought the Storm hadn't actually reached them yet. Although it might have been nice to see Teyla's crew getting batted around as they tried to board the PJ.

I wanna see someone get sucked right off the porch.
            I would like to know,why if it was raining heavily on the planet, just before Teyla got in the PJ, why her hair was perfectly dry?

Must be that naquada hair gel again...

Comment

Okay, so "The Storm" is absolutely my favourite Atlantis episode so far - I'm still buzzing about it today. In fact, I think I'm going to go and rewatch it soon. I can't believe we have to wait a whole week to see part two!

I spent most of the episode yelling at the screen (I like to get involved!). Mostly encouraging Weir to smack Sora one (because she really looks like she needs a good slapping!) and Shep to do a Die Hard. Also, I had a few choice words for the guy who hurt Rodney!

But I did have a problem with the fact that when Shep was looking for a planet to take them all in, he didn't think of going to the kiddie-world from "Childhood's End." Surely that would've been a safer bet than staying with people they clearly didn't trust? Though if they'd done that, they wouldn't have been betrayed and there wouldn't have been a story. Which would have been a shame! So I'll let that one go.

Loved it, loved it, loved it!
              "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

I loved every last second of this. From the humour at the beginning, when only Rodney can see the danger they're in (go, Rodders!!!!), to the evacuation, to the storm coming down on Carson and Teyla (what I wouldn't give to be trapped in a storm with Carson) to John's slowly building anger, aggression, and then panic as he realises Elizabeth's about to die. This was wonderful stuff!!!! This is what good sci-fi is all about. Great character, in dire situations, and fantastic plots. And really cool villians.
                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Best ep since Rising.

Loved it, absolutely loved it.

Shep's got the whole John McClane thing from Die Hard going on. The next thing you know he'll be coming out with "yipee-kaye-yay mofo"

The only thing that bugged me was how did Colia (sp?) know that you need two senior personnel to activate the self-destruct. Also it was strange just how easily McKay told the Genii about what exactly they were going to do to save Atlantis from the storm. He could have just said we were trying to come up with a plan and blabbed about something else instead of telling them exactly about the grounding stations.

Then that scene with Colia telling Weir she is arrogant to think the expedition is closer to the Ancients than the Genii, I was just shouting "of course we are dumbass". The Genii really piss me off.

Lastly I thought this ep was marginally better than Gemini

Cannot wait for The Eye now.

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                  One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                  One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                  Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                  Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                  Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

really nice episode, im excepting to get a fair bit of development on john in next episosde.

this show is coming alnog!
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Ancients Rising

Then that scene with Colia telling Weir she is arrogant to think the expedition is closer to the Ancients than the Genii, I was just shouting "of course we are dumbass". The Genii really piss me off.
                      How do you know? The Genii are actually descended directly form the ancients. IIRC. As are all the humans in the pegasis galaxy. We humans for all we've being told are just the result of a random yet very similar evolution. IE) Not actually descended from the ancients. We're more like their cousins a few million times removed.

EDIT: Oh as I dissicussed with Anubis (Anubis not aAnubisS, or _Anubis or Lord Anubis) On messengser. The only way I think this episode could have been improved is if we actually heard a gunshot. Maybe thw Genii on kneecaps Weir or something byt we don't now to next week. We just here from itr over Shep's radio. And its fades out as before with Shep yelling "COOOOOOWWWWWEEENNNNNNNN" (or whatever the Genii's name was) ala Kirk in STII yes 100% geek right here.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

They're all fine, next weeks shep playing(i quote from sky)' sheppard plays a dangerous game with the Genii' or similiar anyway. But the ironic thing about what he said was that they themselves are being arrogant thinking they can take the Wraith. Kinda stupid but oh well, i have to agree with you, i hate them as well, i reall hope shep and ford take a little vengeance on them.
                        'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
                        'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                          How do you know? The Genii are actually descended directly form the ancients. IIRC. As are all the humans in the pegasis galaxy. We humans for all we've being told are just the result of a random yet very similar evolution. IE) Not actually descended from the ancients.
                          No-one is directly descended from the Ancients. They initiated our evolution, and that of the people in Pegasus. But they started ours first, therefore we're further along on the evolutionary chain, and presumably closer to the Ancients.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                            How do you know? The Genii are actually descended directly form the ancients. IIRC. As are all the humans in the pegasis galaxy. We humans for all we've being told are just the result of a random yet very similar evolution. IE) Not actually descended from the ancients. We're more like their cousins a few million times removed.

EDIT: Oh as I dissicussed with Anubis (Anubis not aAnubisS, or _Anubis or Lord Anubis) On messengser. The only way I think this episode could have been improved is if we actually heard a gunshot. Maybe thw Genii on kneecaps Weir or something byt we don't now to next week. We just here from itr over Shep's radio. And its fades out as before with Shep yelling "COOOOOOWWWWWEEENNNNNNNN" (or whatever the Genii's name was) ala Kirk in STII yes 100% geek right here.
                            Cowen is still on the Genii homeworld. The man in charge name is Kolya.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                              No-one is directly descended from the Ancients. They initiated our evolution, and that of the people in Pegasus. But they started ours first, therefore we're further along on the evolutionary chain, and presumably closer to the Ancients.
                              Actually, humans from Earth are directly related because the last Ancients that fled from Atlantis (those that remained in corporeal form and did not ascend) mixed in with the general population...that's why some Terrans have the Ancient gene.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Well, this one didn't too that much for me. There was the odd moment of humour with McKay, but for the most part all I was thinking all the way through was that it was a poor clone of Die Hard. It didn't have any real tension to grip me and was too obvious in the plot with cliched characters.

For example our bad guy shooting the two crew when he could have just disarmed them - a very clumsy and unsubtle setting up of him as ruthless. I was surprised there wasn't a neon light flashing over his head 'Ruthless baddie! Ruthless baddie! Would have been just as subtle.

And in the fight scene that female 'warrior' was so appallingly clueless. Just didn't look plausible as a hardened fighter at all. She could barely hold up her staff, let alone use it effectively.

Still not getting any real vibes from the show - but still hoping it picks up for me. So far, still watching...but not really enthralled.

Albion
                                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X