No announcement yet.

Home (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else notice that Weir was a lot 'perkier' in her own dreamworld than she was in everyone elses? (and I don't mean her personality).

D

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh
      Anyone else notice that Weir was a lot 'perkier' in her own dreamworld than she was in everyone elses? (and I don't mean her personality).

D
      So you mean her boobs? You couldn't have just said boobs?

Also, Higginson's dog was in this episode. He played himself as Sam.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        So you mean her boobs? You couldn't have just said boobs?
        Ah, the wonders of the things people will comment on, but not want to admit commenting on. *L*

Comment

I didn't comment on her boobs.

I do comment on how extremly (!!!!!!) attrective she is though. Cause she is.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I didn't comment on her boobs.

I do comment on how extremly (!!!!!!) attrective she is though. Cause she is.
            Didn't mean you were, I was agreeing with you

And I agree with you. She is very attractive.

Comment

Of course you're agreeing with me! Am I ever wrong? No.

lol.

Just kdding.

Comment

Ok. Her breasts were a lot more perky and upright when she was in her own little fantasy world than they were in everyone elses. She could've put someones eyes out with those things. But then switch to the way McKay saw her and her breasts were back to thier normal somewhat droopy selves.

D

Comment

You know I really didn't notice that. Then again I'm not obssessed with her breasts. I was watching the show.

Comment

great episode! i especially liked the part where mckay and weir were talking and they kept switching between realities.

about the spoilers in the trailer - i thought it was obvious going in that they weren't really going back home, even without the trailer, just because it's too soon in the show for them to actually get back to earth for real. like that episode of farscape where john goes back to earth - it's pretty obvious that it's fake, because it would ruin the premise of the show if he could go home.

what i did notice in the trailer was - did anyone else think that the guy sheppard shot was mckay? or was that just me?

Comment

So, third viewing when I was looking for things...

Putting aside Sheppard's reality because he is special...

I really love how in each different persons fabricated reality the other cast members were flat, in the same way the Myst was flat. The Myst picked the worst elements and amplified them, I would guess, in an effort to drive them away from the project.

For Rodney they made being at home much more appealing (with the neighbor girl), and Weir in his visions is flat, severe, and dismissive. In Weir's reality Simon is appealing, loving and caring, and the chance to make up for something she knows hurt him. Simon was also a chance for her to relax, truely relax, for the first time probably in six months. But in that case, Rodney (and her chance at finding a solution to getting back to Atlantis), is sarcastic, dismissive, and biting. Much the way we remembered him from SG1 in 48 Hours.

But in the end each person (except for Ford apparently), realized that reality was wrong fundamentally when the people they most trusted, their teammates, were betraying them. I thought it was a nice way to talk about the idea of team.

They did a much better job of humanizing Weir. I think just the look on her face when she gets out of the car adds a great deal of depth to her character. And I liked that she knew something was wrong with Simon. Fake people can't kiss

Comment

I really think McKay should have figured things out sooner. As soon as he saw the laws of physics weren't working, he should have known it was fake. Like Spock in "Spectre of the Gun". Granted McKay is no Vulcan Logic-Machine but if the laws of physics (one of reality's many attractions) don't apply, then you're not in reality.

Comment

i liked it, most of the plot holes could have been put to rest with the fact that the mist was manipulating their minds so like a dream they could have just suggested minor things should be that way so the team accepted it. it was the major things they couldn't change their minds about, like their strong desire to go home and then back to atlantis.

It wasn't till the second time around that i realised no one was interacting with anyone else. when they said shepard dialed in i thought he meant by phone.

i loved the hamster and bing tittle tittle bong line by mckay comedy gold!

when they first said shep figured it out earlier and could control it, i thought it was the acient gene but the explination that he deals in tangable physical situations as a pilot taking great detail into account while the others work in politics and physics, mostly intangables. both make sence but then jack has the acient gene and he is a pilot and works well with tabgable things as well, maybe the gene makes u more aware of the evnviroment and your surroundings

also i like who we learned why the atlantis gate is the only one that can connect to earth. but i agree i would have loved to have seen steve at the party, i'm sure shep misses steve and it would have been a great way to know if the reality is real or not

Comment

You know I really didn't notice that. Then again I'm not obssessed with her breasts. I was watching the show.
                            I am and I still didn't notice maybe I should watch it again.

Comment

Also, the fact that in the preview McKay "THIS IS ALL A LIE!" might have had something to do with it. This is what I mean about SciFi revealing to much in their freaking spoilers/previews for the upcoming episodes.
                              Everytime I saw this I thought it was McKay learning that Sam was engaged!

I liked it a lot, as an episode. I like mind-puzzle mess with reality episodes. The lack of Ford development is the only thing that really bothers me. And Shep imagining Teyla shopping for hours is a bit of a stretch, since he seems to have some trouble getting girls to date him. But once we get moving with the episode, it's ok.

I just wish Shep had tested the illusion by imaging a big ferris wheel in his back yard!

Comment

I thought the episode was good. I'm still waiting for the great episode, but pretty cool so far. Now that I watch it over i can see how Shep had his misgivings when Hammond offered the transporation. You could just see it in his face. I have to say that Shep thinking Teyla shopping for hours is a natural male belief that women shop for decades. I would have liked Ford to have had more of a story in it but i'm optomistic about the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X