No announcement yet.

Childhood's End (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they still could have just made sure there was no more tracking devices and then taken the ZPM

Comment

I hate the line Teyla says, when she sees the probe:

"It was too small to be a dart"

WTF!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post

WTF!
        Probably a line that Martin Gero wrote without having seen the actual visual effect!
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post

WTF!
          Yap it is really stupid!
          It's to small to be a Death Star maybe, but a dart....

One thing I don't really like its when they re-cast actors this this time was Keras the had previously played Lieutenant Elliot.

I just get the felling he is someone else during the whole episode....

But I understand they like giving the job to someone who probably deserves it...
          My blog:Nuno Barreto's Blog

Comment

"How morally superior" oh dear, McKay...well I guess it shows his social skills, he might have a very high IQ but his EQ is not quite as developed. The end does not justify the means.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

This upsets me to no end on the commentary Rainbow Sun Franks is freaking epic and happy and everything and there even joking about teyla and Ford having a relationship and all the while they're plotting ways to kick him off the show because he's bland and is no character... yet in every other episode him rodney or sheppard are all switching spots in saving the day. BLAH He should have beein all 5 seasons. /grr. I'm angry haha ugh so much could have been different.

Comment

In watching the earlier shows of SGA I am constantly reminded just how funny and wonderful Ford was. It is such a shame they did not keep him very long.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought the premise of this episode was very interesting. I will admit, when all the boys with the bows popped up to capture Sheppard & Co., the first thing that came to my mind was "Oh, look, they found Never-Never Land!" But then they actually managed to pull the script off without it looking like some cheesy version of Never-Never Land.

The whole idea of ritual suicide as a method of population control was pretty deep, I thought. I mean, I don't think anyone in our society would ever accept such a thing. It just shows how desperate these people were to escape the wraiths. And then Rodney had to come along and almost ruin everything by stealing their ZPM. Someone needs to smack that boy! Didn't his mother ever teach him that it is wrong to steal? Seriously, though, I loved the scenes between him and the two little girls. It was cute to watch him be so gruff and annoyed with them at first, then kind of warm up to them a wee bit by the end of the episode.
                  Signature by Glitch33.
                  sigpic
                  Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Cool ep, although it reminded me a bit of a Star Trek episode, not to mention the antipodean show Tribe...
                    sigpic

Comment

I rewatched this ep and noticed something I didn't the first time. When McKay explains why the wraith don't come because of the shield: "sorry, perhaps I'm not being clear. Nothing works here, not their stunners, their Darts... even their shields wouldn't function correctly."

I never saw the wraith use any shields?
                      Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

This is a great episode. Fascinating concept.

Comment

Something I just thought of when I rewatched this today. What if a woman is pregnant when she turns 25? Would they wait for the child to be born or have her commit suicide then?

Or do they have enough knowledge and self-control to avoid that?

Comment

Thought it was kind of a boring episode.

We now know McKay hates kids.

Tomorrow, people who they can make people immune from the Wraith.
                            sigpic

Comment

I want some chocolate!

I like this episode. I thought it was an interesting culture. There was good tension about stopping the sacrifices and getting the shield to work again before the wraith could come.

McKay is really bad with kids. I think it goes to what Elizabeth told him; he just thinks of himself as so superior that he doesn't even consider other points of view might be valid. I liked the way she shut him up and made him do the right thing.

Listening to the commentary, Martin Gero gives a shout out to GateWorld. He talks about coming on the forum after the episode aired and reading the fan reactions. As a result he toned down how he wrote McKay because many thought he was too mean.
                              Last edited by hlndncr; 07 June 2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

McKay exhibits many of the same character traits as Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory. They are so wrapped up in themselves that empathy of others is completely foreign.
                                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Working...
                                X