No announcement yet.

Childhood's End (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok this ep is old, but it was rerunning on sci fi today and reminded me how much i hate that ares kid (the guy who was trying to get everybody to leave), i kept hoping he would get shot so first of all, he'd be dead, second of all, they'd all realize that their flying sticks just dont cut it against SGA's flying metal.
    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
      ok this ep is old, but it was rerunning on sci fi today and reminded me how much i hate that ares kid (the guy who was trying to get everybody to leave), i kept hoping he would get shot so first of all, he'd be dead, second of all, they'd all realize that their flying sticks just dont cut it against SGA's flying metal.
      For you to have such a strong reaction, then that's good writing and acting.

I thought it was interesting how different Aries was from Keras. And that it must have rankled Aries that Keras was the leader and not he. I wondered how the leadership thing worked. If it was always the oldest, then if you were born just after someone else, you may not get much time to do any leading. Or maybe if you were all born within a certain timeframe, then there's a vote to see who would lead. I can see where that would lead to jealousy.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I watched this ep again last night (I fear it won't be long until reruns cant hold me over anymore - )and I found it kind of cool for some reason. The first time I saw it, I didn't think much of it. more than anything, the wraith 'bird' as they called it, was pretty cool, although it reminded me of the xindi weapon from season 3 of 'enterprise', only smaller.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

i found this episode very funny but i have one question. if we assume there are about 1000 kids on the planet why couldn't we take them all to atlantis and have them live on the mainland? its big enough. that way the atlantis team would have a zpm.

sorry if this has been mentioned or asked before

Comment

Well, they did say that the ZPM would only power Atlantis's shields for a few hours...

Comment

I reckon that in a future series of Atlantis the planet will be destroyed and the city itself makes use of it's spaceship function and goes up against the entire Wraith fleet. That'd be cool...
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

This episode is not my favourite they were so ungratefull we should have just taken there zpm or as the canadians call it a zed pm.HAHA
                sigpic

Comment

That episode remined me on the TOS episode "Miri" so I wa sa bit surprised it's suicide not a virus
                  Well the episodes has parts that were long winded or dragging but McKay helped that^^ But he seemed a bid flinty with the argument "we need a ZPM" But I liked Weir because she was against that
                  I actually thought the eldest would die nonetheless and all would be sad and regret it. But it didn't, he suvived (without Beckett showing up *meh*)

I just don't understand why they ask Teyla where to go and why the kids should trust her? She seems to be all knowing just like the writers justify her to be a member if the SG team...
                  Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
                  Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
                  If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
                  "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

i loved this episode...i couldn't believe that he made one child cry, and the other one kicked him for doing it...classic!
                    sigpic

Comment

Well i know several people who are like that, impatient with kids..

Comment

This is a very underrated episode, a highlight of what has proved thus far to be Atlantis' best season.
                        Theoretically spoilerish:
                        Spoiler:
                        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by P90 View Post
                          No arguement from me there. I love the actors that they use, but the fact that they reuse them for different characters is a little disconcerting. When a character has an entire episode devoted to them, and then they return as some one else...
                          yeah totally. besides the actor that they use for keras is hot
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought bit daft in fact but I think balance between the lighter and more dark episodes is quite good in this season's eps. Thought bit Lord of the Flies really but yes McKay and kids was dare I say ...cute.
                            Last edited by Artifysial; 10 September 2008, 09:00 PM.
                            sigpic

Jack: 'Mature symbiote, Immature host'
                            Teal'c: 'Indeed'
                            Artifysial: 'Thanks a million'

Comment

Mckay + kids = classic

Comment

When I first saw it wasn't very keen with episode but I went with it. We found out McKay's moral compass will go elsewhere in the name of ZedPM but he finally came to his senses enough to consider Weir's POV and understood why this society came to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X