Suspicion (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Vyse
    Yeah, the self-destruct thing doesn't make alot of sense. I STILL don't get who these stupid, idiotic wraith could beat the freakin Ancients!
    That however brings up a question. If the Wraith guy was so eager to blow himself up, why did he let the threat of death stop him? I would rather they had shot him a second time and it disabled him enough to remove the self-destruct device. I also wonder how much of his "my kind will save me" routine was truthful. If Wraith are rigged to self destruct like that, his kind probably expect him to have blown himself up, not leaving much to rescue. Hopefully the Atlantis team has removed any tracking devices on his person that would allow the Wraith to find them.
    WHY do the Wraith have a self-destruct? If they consider themselves to be the superiorest thing ever, then why should they worry about being captured by the cattle? What could a bunch of cows possibly do to a t-rex? The wraith are nearly unkillable, right? And yet they don't seem to mind killing themselves at the first sign of danger. Strange...
    Ummm... Yeah I could think of a dozen reasons why a Wraith would blow themselves up. Sheppard actually brought up the main reason why. Being captured by the enemy is like being handed a death sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberKnight
      Ummm... Yeah I could think of a dozen reasons why a Wraith would blow themselves up. Sheppard actually brought up the main reason why. Being captured by the enemy is like being handed a death sentence.
      Well, the Wraiths are bad ass warriors. Hit 'em and they pop back up two minutes later. And if you DO capture one...they self-destruct. Which they can afford to do if few of them can captured.

Makes it hard to gather intelligence on. That, by itself, makes the Wraith more formidable.

Comment

Well, the Wraiths are bad ass warriors. Hit 'em and they pop back up two minutes later. And if you DO capture one...they self-destruct. Which they can afford to do if few of them can captured.
        Yeah the heirarchy also reminds me of ants which usually sacrifices the grunts to save the whole nest or is that bees. It's some bug. Also could be that he knew he was going to die and might as well take out the enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by acdj31
          Spoilers:Whole Series

It was an okay ep. Things I loved: McKay hit in the face. McKay liking MREs and hospital food. Finding the Sky roof to the Jumper Bay. Finding land. Ford still trying to name things. Teyla kicking butt with that stick fighting, she got moves. Teyla and Weir interaction throughout the whole show. Getting a bad guy. Loved the necklace, wish I had one.

Things I hated: Sgt. Bates, too mean. Why does every new person in the ep have to be mean? I wish we got to see more of the land, maybe in a future ep. I wish that Teyla did not have to give up the necklace; I guess I liked it on her.
          More possible spoilers

I got to meet Rachel last weekend in NJ convention, and from what she could talk about, she will be doing a lot more hand to hand combat. She was pretty evasive to other questions about content. She was very proud to be taking and learning new fighting techniques. She did mention that she will be doing more stuff with the team, so I would guess that Teyla will grow in time to be a great character.

Now, about this episode...I have to agree with the majority that some of the cast expanded in good ways while others regressed and still a few fell off the chart into boredom. But over all I give the ep a 6 out of 10 rating.

Comment

By the way, this is crazy that me and my son even noticed this. We re-watched both Friday nights episodes last night. In Atlantis, the Table in the interrogation room, the cool triangle design. Well after Atlantis me and my son watched SG1 S6E20 - Memento. (re-watching all of them) And low and behold that same Table is there in the conference room. My son thought it was funny that someone in Atlantis stole that table from that planet. (He is 7)

Comment

Originally posted by SG_Mike
              By the way, this is crazy that me and my son even noticed this. We re-watched both Friday nights episodes last night. In Atlantis, the Table in the interrogation room, the cool triangle design. Well after Atlantis me and my son watched SG1 S6E20 - Memento. (re-watching all of them) And low and behold that same Table is there in the conference room. My son thought it was funny that someone in Atlantis stole that table from that planet. (He is 7)
              Those are some keen observation skills you both have there. I never pick up on things like that.
              Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I thought it was...ok....at best.....

Written to deliberately show how 'hard' the SGA folks are and how they're gonna have to be hard if they're to get home.

Alienate their only friends.....the brownshirt security chief.....breaking out the big weapons....capturing the Wraith for later use and perhaps not pleasant use....

All told i think the concepts could have been conveyed much better......
                Thanks!
                Jordan

my page
                My LJ
                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

The Black Shirt of goodness is back.

I liked the episode and I find myself hating Teyla less! Although at some points like the "You shall have it" line I thought that is exactly what teal'c would say and exactly how he would say it.
                  I'm really starting to like this show, mainly because of all the possibilities. When they discovered land I actually felt a little giddy. "Oh golly gosh gee! I wonder what they will find!!!"
                  I look forward to seeing some surf. COWABANGA!

At the end the wraith said "You think you won a victory". Well, can you loose a victory?
                  Homer Simpson: I'm not a religious man, but if you're up there... save me Superman!

Michael Shanks concerning his character:
                  "O'neil is a warrior, Carter is a warrior, Teal'c is a warrior... somebody has to be the damsel in distress "

Stargate SG1 is my happy place.

Comment

Man this episode was awesome! I think Teyla's character development is just fine (IMO it is better than Teal'c's was in Season 1 SG-1). I agree with a bunch of ya that McKay is the best developed charater in the show. Now we know something more about Sheppard he likes Football, Ferris wheels, anything that goes faster than 200 mph, and know SURFING .
                    I think one of the best qualities about Ford is that he gets shot/hurt all the time it just makes the show more realistic as I am sure there are people in the military who do the same plus it reminds me of the kid from Proving ground I think his name was Grogan lol. I am also glad that the writers are writing people into the show that we will soon love to hate heck maybe Sgt. Security and Kavana could be the next Mayborne or Samuels. As for the Wraith we haven't even seen their aresenal and hell the goul'd were more primitive than the Tolan and one little advantage that the goul'd had gave them the ability to wipe the Tolan out so it wouldn't be the first time a more primitave race has destroyed another race.

My only complaint is that Teyla and her people (as well as all other humans in Pegusas besides the Earth people) are the ancients becuase they are the desendants of the ancients (Not like us becuase we evolved again and the Ancient gene only came into our genetic make up when the Ancients from Atlantis came back to Earth and started breeding) so they should all have the gene that Sheppard has! Thus this means that when ever Teyla got close to the lost necklace in the cave the wraith should have been alerted to it unless of course the gene in Teyla and her people is dormant in them but they should still have the gene no matter what imo.

P.S. Did anyone else think that those bombs Ford was explaining we gonna be a human made Goul'd shock grenades. I did.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                      My only complaint is that Teyla and her people (as well as all other humans in Pegusas besides the Earth people) are the ancients becuase they are the desendants of the ancients (Not like us becuase we evolved again and the Ancient gene only came into our genetic make up when the Ancients from Atlantis came back to Earth and started breeding) so they should all have the gene that Sheppard has!
                      Actually, I believe the Ancients seeded life in the Pegasus galaxy the same way they did it in the Milky Way (including Earth) only later. So it shouldn't really be any different.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Um oh yeah good thinkin lol

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                          P.S. Did anyone else think that those bombs Ford was explaining we gonna be a human made Goul'd shock grenades. I did.
                          They were standard issue flashbangs. They even looked like real fashbangs. Nothing Goa'uld like about them. We've had those types of grenades for a while.

Comment

A very long while.

Comment

Oh ok I was just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Daxs
                                Weir? The actress is practically walking on water in the portrayal of this sadly written character, and making it utterly believable. Kudos to her. (What the hell is a Kudo anways? )
                                "Kudos" means praise, acclaim, or compliments for an outstanding achievement.
                                To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Working...
                                X