Suspicion (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tokraed
    This would be the "tired and trite" part of the episode that I mentioned earlier. There could've been other ways to reveal that Teyla's necklace was a transmitter, but that plot point was exposed by walking down a path paved with cliches.
    Well, it worked for me. I didn't regard the situation as cliched, but maybe I haven't seen enough similar storylines to know better.

Sheppard didn't usurp Col. Sumner's command. Sumner died in the line of duty and Sheppard was appointed to his position by Weir, the same person who made Sgt. 2D the Chief of Security.
    Hence my use of quotes. Perhaps Bates resents Sheppard for Sumner's death and feels the major usurped the command.

And WHY is a Sgt. in charge of Security?? Did they not have enough Lts. or Capts. in the expedition party???
    Apparently not. Perhaps if and when they re-establish contact with the SGC, they'll request the appropriate personnel to do a more thorough job of security.
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

A few quick nitpicks:

1. If the necklace transmitts info so that the Wraith are waiting at the destination, then it must be transmitting FROM Atlantis TO Somewhere. So then, can the Wraith figure out the FROM part and find Atlantis? Because, they are said to have been waiting or arrive shortly after the team's arrival on a planet.

2. If the Wraith can make you see what they want you to see, then why didn't the captain wraith who got caught do that to the team in order to flee?

3. Team returns in opening scene underfire. Then they stand around the gate whilst ammo is shot through the wormhole. Sorta dumb. McKay should have immediately gotten to the side and out of the line fire of the gate after returning as should the others as there is room on the set.

4. If the Wraith can make you see what they want you to see, then is it possible that one of our folks is a Wraith who makes us see him as a human?

5. Did we just witness Holling accomplish a coup d'etat against Teyla? Looked that way to me.

6. Weir's hesitation in opening the gate indicates that there should have been protocols established just as on SG1 when there is an Alpha site to be used as a blind. If they have been on engagement for 3 months, there should be an interim spot established already.

7. Three months to fly around to find land? A bit lax considering all the puddlejumpers. What about the rest of that solar system? There could be wraith next planet over.

etc.
      Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
        2. If the Wraith can make you see what they want you to see, then why didn't the captain wraith who got caught do that to the team in order to flee?
        As far as we know, the only thing the Wraith can make you see are those "phantom" shapes we saw in 'Rising'. Those wouldn't really help him escape now, would they? Especially since everyone should now be aware of this trick.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

7. Three months to fly around to find land? A bit lax considering all the puddlejumpers. What about the rest of that solar system? There could be wraith next planet over.
          They don't know how to open the roof to get the jumper out before than, they figure that out in the episode.

Comment

1. If the necklace transmitts info so that the Wraith are waiting at the destination, then it must be transmitting FROM Atlantis TO Somewhere. So then, can the Wraith figure out the FROM part and find Atlantis? Because, they are said to have been waiting or arrive shortly after the team's arrival on a planet.
            As stated in the episode, the signal transmitted is extremely weak. McKay theorizes there are relay stations on some planets which amplify and re-transmit the signal to the Wraith ships.

5. Did we just witness Holling accomplish a coup d'etat against Teyla? Looked that way to me.
            No, Halling says to Weir that "Teyla has made her decision", meaning that she has chosen to stay with the Atlantis expedition.
            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
              As stated in the episode, the signal transmitted is extremely weak. McKay theorizes there are relay stations on some planets which amplify and re-transmit the signal to the Wraith ships.

yeah, it's either a relay station or a transmitter on each planet that picks up the signal as she, or anyoen else wearing a necklace like that, go through the gate.

since the wraith have never been on atlantis, there's no transmitter there
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hello everyone,

I do not know if it has already been mentionned in previous posts, but did anyone notice the chairs in the "briefing room"? They looked a lot like the chairs you would find in stores on earth.

My question behind this is : did the atlantis team bothered to bring confortable leather chair with them along with all the equipment, or did the ancients despite their light year advance in science decided that it was cool to sit in a leather chair that, i'll say it again, looks a lot earth made???

Comment

There is a seperate thred about the "Ancient Office Furnature."

Comment

Originally posted by CyberKnight
                    Ummmm you've never had an MRE have you. From what I have heard it's like eating gorumet food.

ROFPMSL,

ummm Gourmet food? I'd prefer Navy ship food over MRE's. And I even would go so far as the only thing on a navy ship that is even halfway edible are the sliders(cheeseburgers) and even then, the durability of a slider actually allows scrubbing toilets with it (This theory has been tested).

Sorry had to put my two cents.

Spoilers (this ep)

As per the program, I'm still getting a handle on the techonology the ancients used and thereby concluding that there is a lot of development still yet to go. I enjoyed the constant exploration of the technology if not directly alluded to in conversation, but what I thought was odd particularly is the the fact that Dr. Weirhad overtly made it obvious that her alterior motives for "interviewing" the Athosians was not to simply find the traitor within their midst, but also to the point that she didn't know half the faces that she had seen around the City.

Three months goes by and being a leader of a "colony" (and I use that term loosely) she doesnt' know the faces of those people she's now responsible for?("Responsible for" being defined as the infinite task of EARTH discovered Atlantis and now... "I claim this city for America, Canada, Czechoslovakia, and all the rest of the people of earth" type of deal. Of course its seems kind of fourteenth century to me, but nevertheless it works.) Anyways it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY she wouldn't have some clue as to who everyone is. There would have been some inkling of something due to the immense undertaking that she's required to handle with the fact that now she is responsible for only 200 or 300 people.

Another thought to add a more security type of issue is if there had been a conversation between Mckay and Weir on the steps in front of the stargate and Mckay had been hit with another blast from the Wraith weapon once again immobilizing him. Personally there might be a funny moment in there somewhere if they pulled it off right. (Just an idea)

As for Teyla, Juries still out. She looks "_________" (being safe for posterities sake. Please add any type of Chauvinistic sexual innuendo you might find most appropriate). Personally thats all I get out of her, other than a strong "traitor" vibe. As if "ooooo, I'm having more fun with the new people, I'll ditch my people to the mainland and to heck with the fact that in all reality I'm supposed to be their leader and guide in all this mess." Cooooommmmeee onnnnn! You couldn't think of a better way to get rid of the Athosians without turning Teyla into a Traitor to her own people? There is no way in SOKARS world that any leader in their right mind would give up the responsibility that they have to their people so easily in spite of the 25 minute ride to mainland. I may look funny, but stupidity has never been one of my fortes. I'm kind of stuck on the Blue haired chick from "Disneys atlantis" and her devotion to her people as more of a realistic approach than Teylas characters continual De-evolution.

Mckay, KeWLness, the man is a Gem, actor and written character.

Shepherd "I miss the heady days of the 1980's" The man makes the 80's seem kewl.

Weir? The actress is practically walking on water in the portrayal of this sadly written character, and making it utterly believable. Kudos to her. (What the hell is a Kudo anways? )

Wraith. Intelligence (I've never been much of a roleplayer, but damn will someone please re--roll the dice for intelligence on these blue rejects. I'm also thinking Cross between MORLOK and BATMAN FOREVER, "the plant chicks Green thug") Positively though, I like the female Wraith though, I think they accurately portrayed an exact likeness of my sister in law. (And I didn't even have to send them a picture.)

The young buck Ford, I can see the evolution of SEAQUEST DSV Commander FORD all over again. Its ok, it works for me. Needs to broaden his joke horizon and limit his injuries before he ends up hurting something vital.

Daxs.
                    Last edited by Daxs; 09 August 2004, 08:55 AM.
                    You must be the Dumbest Smart Person I have ever met in my entire life. -- Will Smith. "IROBOT"

Comment

You don't know that there is no transmitter on Atlantis. That would be an assumption.

Comment

Ok, Teyla made HER decision. But Holling was the force behind the decision to opt out to the land. So if Teyla is with the team, then is Holling head honcho?

Comment

Nitpicking cont'd...

How about bringing Goauld weapons with them? Where are they and why aren't they? Intars would be useful on indigenous people and zats would be good too. Would a staff blast take out a Wraith? We are friends with the Jaffa rebels so we should be able to get enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                            Apparently not. Perhaps if and when they re-establish contact with the SGC, they'll request the appropriate personnel to do a more thorough job of security.
                            I doubt that the military would send only 3 or 4 officers to manage that many non-coms and civilians in an unknown and possibly hostile environment with no contact from HQ. In my experience, the military is just like other branches of civil service when it comes to management ... there is a obvious chain of command (even with civilians involved) and some management positions overlap.

The security teams of Atlantis would've already been worked out in advance. Something that serious would've had some redundancy of personnel to cover the operation.

I think one of the reasons that Atlantis is having certain script problems with their military scenarios because they're not using a military advisor. (If they are, it's hard to for me to tell because the credits get squished so badly by SciFi.) Since someone posted that they saw Sgt. 2D with silver bars in an earlier episode, I think that could support my position ... and another poster's position about the continuity errors in the show.

Still, that won't keep me from watching next week's episode.
                            RDA: "It may be balsa, but it's still wood."

Comment

Nitpicking cont'd...

How about bringing Goauld weapons with them? Where are they and why aren't they? Intars would be useful on indigenous people and zats would be good too. Would a staff blast take out a Wraith? We are friends with the Jaffa rebels so we should be able to get enough.
                              There are several threads about this in the Atlantis section. There's one on page1 atm.

Comment

OK what I understand in this tread,is that some of you are confused on the necklece ,at what point does it transmite,and why are the wraith there before the SG-AT team is? I think Sheppard is more harm then good is what I think all he has to do is be there or touch something and the Wraith are there. You can't lock him up and thou away the key either. Cause he need to be out and drive and shot the cool guns they will find ,and they will find more wepons that he can use .

Comment

Working...
                                X