No announcement yet.

Thirty Eight Minutes (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a great episode, though the first time I watched it the flashbacks were a bit confusing. I thought the acting was spot on. The introduction of the iratus bug and the suggestion that it was related to the wraith was an interesting point.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

i like that they show the iratus bug because it suggests the wraiths evaluation
      sigpic

Comment

any episode where we get to see Sheppy's chest is good

I liked how they explained some of the wraith with the bug, and there was also some funny bits.
        sigpic

Comment

The beginning of this episode smacked strongly of the SG-1 episode where Teal'c got stung by that bug while they were offworld, in my opinion. But then they took the rest of it in a very different direction, which was great. I liked the peril of having the ship stuck and having such a short amount of time to get it unstuck. That being said, I find McKay an incredibly obnoxious character who I cannot empathize with at all. If there is anything about the series that I dislike at this point, it is him. Perhaps he will grow on me as I watch more??? I guess we will have to wait and see.

(Also, no offense is meant to Rodney fans, I'm just stating my opinion of his character thus far)
          Signature by Glitch33.
          sigpic
          Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

He might grow on you. But it's doubtful.

This is one of my all time favorite episodes!
            sigpic
            Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

It really did remind me a bit of the SG-1 ep where Teal'c was stung by the giant alien insect. Still, this was otherwise completely different.
              sigpic

Comment

I get antsy every time I watch this episode. I still like it though.
                But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

has anyone noticed that this episode breaks wormhole physics?

all matter comes through at the same relative times apart as they went in, and at the same speed/form--- the jumper doesn't stop on the way out, and the back door is closed, too!

HUGE mistake! what should've happened (With more details, of course):

Weir: Why aren't they all the way through?
                  Guy in front(forgot his name): WTH is going on????
                  some scientist: The jumper was stuck in the gate.
                  G.I.F.: What do you mean WAS?!?!???
                  Scientist: Well, you didn't come through untill the gate received the rest of the jumper...
                  (spends about 25 mins explaining)
                  *Taylor and sheppard arrive*
                  Taylor: Get us out! Sheppard's DEAD right now!
                  team starts cutting through.
                  Rodney pops out.
                  Remainder of Jumper comes out while team's still cutting, leaving a HUGE scratch along the side.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "Lose it. It means go crazy, nuts, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, 3 fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!!!"
                  "You blow one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
                  "Ba'al, you should know. Of course I dare mock you."
                  "I'm going crazy, and I'm taking you with me."
                  "Woman? Did he just call me a woman?"
                  "Didn't I order you to get a life?"
                  "There's no such thing as magic." *gets beamed out* "Man, my timing is off today."

Comment

Originally posted by Supergate106 View Post
                    has anyone noticed that this episode breaks wormhole physics?

all matter comes through at the same relative times apart as they went in, and at the same speed/form--- the jumper doesn't stop on the way out, and the back door is closed, too!
                    I agree that it does break wormhole physics... But I still like this episode!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
                      I find McKay an incredibly obnoxious character who I cannot empathize with at all. If there is anything about the series that I dislike at this point, it is him. Perhaps he will grow on me as I watch more??? I guess we will have to wait and see.

(Also, no offense is meant to Rodney fans, I'm just stating my opinion of his character thus far)
                      There are moments where Rodney is.....unbearable. Like where he is more worried about eating than saving the life of a friend and teammate.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is my favorite episodes in season one. But how did Ford avoid getting sucked into space when he opened the back of the jumper as i don't think that holding on would have stopped him.

Comment

It depends on how good a grip you have, and how long you have to hold on for.

Comment

yeah so true.
                            But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

So I've only recently started watching Atlantis and this is the ep where I am now.
                              You have to forgive me but the 'stuck in the gate' thing had me facepalm at first
                              sigpic

Me @ Livejournal, Youtube, Tumblr Deviant-art and my band: Alantia

Comment

An alright ep.

First mention of the connection between Iratus bugs and Wraith.

Dr. Kavanagh is the biggest douch. Way worse than Woolsey.

I'm looking forward to the hilarious friendship between McKay and Zelenka.

It was an interesting concept having the Puddle Jumper stuck in the gate. But I don't think it turned out as great as it could have. And I think it got on some peoples nerves regarding wormhole physics.

I can't help but think of Todd the Wraith or John Druitt whenever I see Christopher Heyerdahl.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X