X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was going to say
    hee. *runs away*
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      He was going to say
      hee. *runs away*
      my thoughts exactly
      Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
      sigpic
      sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Of this first season...I have to say this episode is my favorite of all. Sheppard with a bug on his neck is just so much fun to watch. Even though I felt bad for Joe having to sit there. If anyone listens to the commentary...Rachel mentions that Joe hated the bug and when he tells Ford to take out his knife and cut the damn thing off...Rachel said THAT was Joe.

I think they all did a great job...even Weir. She has to keep herself in check while Sheppard is laid up and she also has to deal with Kavanaugh. And then she has to deal with the Athosians. She's learning their customs but like she said to Halling...right now they have to think of bringing them home...not sending them a message of impending doom. Even though it pains Halling that his ritual is being flushed away...he has to sit by and wait.

GREAT episode.

Comment

I think this was a great episode and enjoyed it very much, it was very well written, but not one of my favorites of the season.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
          Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
          http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Oh, dear. Here I go again, bringing back an old thread. But I have a very good reason for it. There is a minor plot hole. Okay, actually, it's a HUGE plot hole, because it pretty much gets rid of the plot completely.

Let me bring up what I like to call, "The Ernest Littlefield Dilema". In The Torment of Tantulos, Daniel watched a tape that shows Ernest go through the gate. He was wearing a space suit, and a cord (air hose, perhaps?) ran through the gate. He was in the gate, and the cord attached to him was running through both ends. If the scientists from Atlantis were right, in The Torment of Tantulos, why did the gate shut down, sever the cord, and let Ernest go through in one peice?

I'm no scientist, but IMHO, something's fishy about that. Now, did I miss something? Someone clue me in!

P.S. I apologize if this has already been brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
              Oh, dear. Here I go again, bringing back an old thread. But I have a very good reason for it. There is a minor plot hole. Okay, actually, it's a HUGE plot hole, because it pretty much gets rid of the plot completely.

Let me bring up what I like to call, "The Ernest Littlefield Dilema". In The Torment of Tantulos, Daniel watched a tape that shows Ernest go through the gate. He was wearing a space suit, and a cord (air hose, perhaps?) ran through the gate. He was in the gate, and the cord attached to him was running through both ends. If the scientists from Atlantis were right, in The Torment of Tantulos, why did the gate shut down, sever the cord, and let Ernest go through in one peice?

I'm no scientist, but IMHO, something's fishy about that. Now, did I miss something? Someone clue me in!
              I agree- though I think that's more of a plot hole for Torment than it is for this ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                I agree- though I think that's more of a plot hole for Torment than it is for this ep.
                Hmmm... I suppose it is scientifically (did I spell that right? ). But still, TTOT came first.

Comment

In TTOT they dialled the gate manually probably using a small power source. Surely this would mean there was not enough power to sustain the wormhole for long whereas the space gate had indefinate power.
                  sigpic
                  sig made by kidwizz

Comment

Yes, but that doesn't explain why he (Ernest) meterialized on the other side.

Comment

oh i see what you mean now. maybe a certain amount of you has to pass through into the event horizon, hence why O'neill can keep the gate open by putting his arm through but you dont see it on the other side.
                      or maybe a space gate works differently. the ship has to go all the way in before it will emerge on the otherside
                      sigpic
                      sig made by kidwizz

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                        oh i see what you mean now. maybe a certain amount of you has to pass through into the event horizon, hence why O'neill can keep the gate open by putting his arm through but you dont see it on the other side.
                        or maybe a space gate works differently. the ship has to go all the way in before it will emerge on the otherside
                        Huh. I guess that could make sense. Still, that's kind of cheap, IMHO. , ,

Comment

There is the possibility that the Pegasus gates work differently. After all, the 'Littlefield' problem occurs in other SG-1 episodes before Season 8, such as '100 Days' (Yeech ), where Teal'c shoots the grappling hook through the gate and it seems to impact on the other side and go taunt (Like it came out before he did.)
                          I think that:
                          )1. This is a simple plot error; the writers forgot (real-world)
                          )2. The Pegasus gates are a different model and just work differently (in-universe)
                          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Okay. I'm not picky, and that works for me. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                              Huh. I guess that could make sense. Still, that's kind of cheap, IMHO. , ,
                              well HE COULD KEEP HIS HAND THERE SO HE HADDENT GONE ALL THE WAY THROUGH
                              sigpic
                              i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

It's basically been stated that stargates are "intelligent" to an extent...ie, they know what's going through them. A ship only half going through would be disasterous. A rope doesn't really matter. Stargates have very complex AI that determines what kind of matter is going through them and decide the best way to deintegrate/reintegrate it. Yes, this is plot device AI/physics but I think it is pretty internally consistent. The tape didn't show how long the gate was open before Ernest went through. It could've been open for 38 minutes. It makes sense that they would've studied it while it was open before sending someone through. It could've cut off at exactly 38 minutes, snapping the rope.
                                Last edited by Akai; 24 May 2007, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X