No announcement yet.

Thirty Eight Minutes (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodeny is better here then he was in 48 hrs (Sg-1)
    I completely agree. I found him kinda annoying in 48 hours.
    Just because my reproductive organs are on the outside instead of the inside... God! That's horrible! Who would say that?!?

Comment

Yeah i didnt like him much in 48 hours. He was very annoying.
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Dam I have alot of time on my hands ... I've just read every post in this

thread ... anyway it's defiantly one of my favourite episodes of season 1 ...

love the shot of the puddle jumper stuck in the gate ... made me laugh my

sock off ....
        Phl / Whedonfanuk

Comment

This episode is great one of my favourites but why would a wraith just let him go. I know that the wraith saw the bug and new he was dead but that is not exactly the wraiths mo. I think they usualy would have brought him back for questioning tried to get some info out of him.
          sigpic

Comment

At this early in the season, the Wraith may not have realized the importance of Sheppard. The Atlantis expedition had only been a minor annoyance, nothing significant enough to bother bringing in someone for interrogation.
            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
              At this early in the season, the Wraith may not have realized the importance of Sheppard. The Atlantis expedition had only been a minor annoyance, nothing significant enough to bother bringing in someone for interrogation.
              very true
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                This episode is great one of my favourites but why would a wraith just let him go. I know that the wraith saw the bug and new he was dead but that is not exactly the wraiths mo. I think they usualy would have brought him back for questioning tried to get some info out of him.
                I don't think it's usual practice for the Wraith to bring people in for questioning. At this point in time the Wraith have no idea who Sheppard and co are or that they are from Atlantis etc. They pretty much killed every Wraith on the hive ship who evensaw Sheppard in Rising so these guys wouldn't even connect him with the attack on the ship/death of the caretaker ect.

The Wraith just saw a human who was useless for culling purposes because he was gonna be dead soon anyway from the bug, So why waste time and resources dragging him back to the nearest hive or wherever?

In later episodes yes, the Wraith, or at least those in the general vicinity of Atlantis, are aware of the existence of Atlantis and Earth and would capture any of the team for questioning if the opportunity arose... but at the time of 38 Minutes? Not so much...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                  and they thought there was no way that he could of lived
                  sigpic

Comment

good episode gave us some background on the wraith
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Nice to no that the wraith are just, Bugs + Human = Wraith

Comment

Well the plot wasn't that intersting because we know they won't die (they can't kill most of the cast in the third episode) but I must admit I thought it were possible the two pilots die in the front when the gate shuts down until the eventhorizont came into the back. But hey it's not about surving it's about how the people deal with it.

We see here that Shep is more the quite one, McKay the whiny (oh yeah and because of Helwett that's makes McKay sexy^^) and Weir freaks a bit out (I guess she was glad that Kavanagh gave her a reason to scream at him so she can loose a bit the tensity inside of her)
                        Apropos Weir, I didn't like her here that much. She is jus like "oh I don't give a damn of your tradition and rituals because WE don't give up" so their opinions and POV are more important then the of the Athosians.... and what about Teyla? it seemd to me she isn't a athosian here and that's another thing that gives me doubt about her being aleader. As a leader you don't know the traditoons you live by them but Teyla is a "brave lil SG member" hello? a few days back she was living happyly of her planet and thought maybe about the next harvest. And now she got a uniform a gun and is perfectly intergrated and she doesn't give a damn about the tradions she grew up and lived by? I mean that make me think that she never was a real leader, she never really cared about her tradions and her people.
                        Gah! I mean it would have been a good possibilitie to show how the diffret people deal with death and the situation but no.. it was more focuse on the "will they survive" plot what really doesn't work because we know they will!

Anyway, I shouldn't start with Teyla and all that.. I never get the ned of that *lol* So back to leadership
                        McKay "the czech..." *hehe* yeah Zelenka! and how he smiles at Weir. So cute! oh and Kavanagh *hehe* cool guy^^

uh did I mention Carson? I love this guy. Guess I was definetly in love after this episode, if not after hide&seek "kling-on" *hehe* (well I actually saw the dubbed versions and.. well this time that is funnier *bg* I guess because I have to think about klingons here and not a bug^^)
                        but Cason is so cute.. yeah definetly how can ya resist him after seeing him here? (yeah I know I go fangirl-ish here)
                        Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
                        Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
                        If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
                        "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

Loved this episode. Exciting from start to finish. When Weir told off Kavanaugh...I cheered. (Come on - the guy went to talk to Weir about scolding him in front of his team RIGHT THEN? He couldn't table that discussion until after the crisis was over?!?!?!) Liking Weir more and more. I'll admit, I thought it was a bit harsh the way Weir dismissed Halling's last rites request for Teyla. I would have liked her to back-peddle just a little bit and give an inch - say, "We're not giving up yet. It's not time yet. Let us keep working."

I'm bummed because I'm watching season 1 thru Netflix. I was supposed to get the first 3 discs but I got 1 and 3, not 2! So, now I guess I wait and see if 2 is coming in a day or so, or if something happened and it got lost in the mail.

How long do I have to wait for season 2???
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I wonder what was really going to say...
                            spoilers for unending:
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I wonder too, lunapasa. Bet it was really sweet...
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

...but still manly! Lol.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X