No announcement yet.

Thirty Eight Minutes (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally decent ep though Atlantis hasn't set off any fireworks yet.

1. McKay seems to be half way between the ar$e he was in SG1 and a pretty cool character!

2. Ford shoulder barging the bulkhead to move the ship was what I'd probably do instinctivly - OK so McKay would remind me about the inertia - not everyone's got a psyics doctorate!

3. The FIB really just felt like a B-plot device - I'll be surprised if we see it again!
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
      And before anyone thinks I'm Weir bashing for the sake of it: I feel strongly about this because she could be a really really good character. If she keeps in character.
      Far be it, you are making very valid arguments, and Shadow made some of the same ones when this episode first aired in the states.

The best thing I can equate it to is the occasional problems they seemed to have writing Sam in the first season. It seems like until someone puts their foot down there is a tendency to either:

A) Write women like men
      B) Write women like some sort of sterotype of a 'feminist'
      C) Write women like soft man chasing wussies.

Unfortunately the character of Dr. Weir isn't served really well by any of those things. I think 38 Minutes and HIde and Seek are the worst examples of bad writing for Weir.

At some point, and I'm not sure where, I think they gave her a bit of a sarcastic sense of humor later in the season and it made her more likeable for me.

Comment

oh, sarcastic sense of humour is something I can relate to.

for some reason.

I'll look forward to that.
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
          3. The FIB really just felt like a B-plot device - I'll be surprised if we see it again!
          the what? FIB?? HUH?????
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

could that possibly be a typo for the FAB?

sigpic

Comment

i liked this episode, was an interesting character development episode, aswell as an interesting stargate episode anyway.

brings me to another question, the ramp in sg1-how come that stays if the wormhole forms like over it?!
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

yes, liked this one too. it was a good catch that comes with the ships being albe to fly through a gate. i dont get why whats already past the event horizon doesn't just travel to the other side of the gate after the 38 minutes are up.
                ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

A decent episode indeed. Loved all the comedy from Rodney (as always), Weir was great, Teyla had some on-screen action at last and Ford also got some words in.

Sheppard done good here, the focus was based on him but also managed to focus on many other individuals too. There were some main good highlights of the episode.

I just wondered why that Wraith left Sheppard since he could have still got some life from him.

And the massive hole where the mothership was. That was BIG. I wonder when we see this again...
                  __

__

Comment

OTOH: have I mentioned how absolutely fab and near perfect MacKay is? Especially in this ep?
                    Near perfect? What do you mean 'near' perfect? He is perfect!
                    "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

I stand corrected, ma'am!

sigpic

Comment

could that possibly be a typo for the FAB?
                        That wou;ld help me morre if i knew what FAB was?
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

its the thing the thunderbirds say
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                            Well, I was reading it as "effing Alien Bug" but I could be wrong.

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                              It's what Ford told Weir had attached itself to Shephard's neck:

a Funky Alien Bug

sigpic

Comment

It's what Ford told Weir had attached itself to Shephard's neck:

a Funky Alien Bug
                                Ha, that's right, how could I have forgotten? From the man who shouldn't name anything.

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X