Hide And Seek (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HIj'Qa
    Might Jinto have the Ancient gene, to have activated the transporter in the first place? Some Earth people put the boxes in the 'closet' and obviously didn't notice or activate anything.
    Or would the tech reactivate when anybody did the right thing?
    As just a really high tech, glorified elevator, I wouldn't think you would need the Ancient gene to activate the transporter.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
      As just a really high tech, glorified elevator, I wouldn't think you would need the Ancient gene to activate the transporter.
      It didn't really do much until Sheppard and McKay stepped all the way inside and Sheppard touched the map-screen-thingie (why, yes, that's a technical term ), zipping them off to the lab.
      Spoiler:
      Weir used the transporter in "The Storm" and she doesn't have the ancient gene, so the gene may be necessary to turn on the transporter in the first place, but it's not necessary to make the transporter function.
      Does anyone know if the "closet" shown in "Rising"? That would have made for a nice touch of foreshadowing.

Greytop may be right that the people putting the boxes in there didn't go far enough inside to activate the map-screen-thingie OR it could have turned on and no one noticed since there were all sorts of things (lights, instruments, etc.) kicking on when the expedition arrived. Maybe the screen-thingie was obscured by a massive stack of boxes/containers that someone was carting around. There are a dozen possibilities that would make good plot bunnies for a willing fic author.

Allison

Comment

Quite a good episode really, just finsihed watching it on Sky One.

I liked how McKay just supposedly let the device 'fall off' from him when the time come that he may have been needed.

I liked Sheppard's dialogue and actions throughout the episode and we're finally getting to know Teyla a bit more.
        __

__

Comment

Good episode.

I'm loving the Rodney/Sheppard and Rodney/Beckett dynamics. Actually, Rodney/whoever!!

Shooting him & throwing him off the balcony to test the shield, lol!

They were being quite patronising to Teyla, that annoyed me, although I liked that Sheppard did want to tell her about the self-destruct.

So far, I think Sheppard is my favourite character. I love that he's good with the kids, and lol @ him trying to explain 'Hail Mary' - "Did I mention how much I like ferris wheels?"

Glad we saw some more of Ford, he was so sweet with Jinto (sp?)
          "Stuff happens" lol!

Go Rodney at the end!
          'He passed out'
          The whole fainting/passing out thing was very funny!

Did Sky cut out on anyone else? I didn't see anything after he woke up.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
            I liked how McKay just supposedly let the device 'fall off' from him when the time come that he may have been needed.
            But he came through in the end. I also like McKay isn't hungry until someone mentions drinking something or his favorite pastime, Food!!!!

Comment

Good solid episode. When Sheppard pushed McKay off the Balcony I was in stitches laughing . McKay and Beckett interchange superb as in the pilot.

Shels, Sky also cut out on me after McKay woke up.

Comment

Hmmm...

Generally decent ep - looks like they're still settling things down though.

1. The McKay/Beckett double act seems to work nicely!

2. The only thing that bugged me about the US football watching scene was that Beckett(being the highest profile Brit) didn't bowl in, overhear the convo and say 'That's not football!'

3. Teyla came accross more as a mother figure than anything else to the Athosians - and whoever said that it was an insult for her to just be a member of Sheppard's team...Teal'c was the equivilient of Army chief in Apothis's service.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Sky didn't cut out on me.

Twas a cool episode. Am eagerly awaiting the second half of the series. I want this city to get powered up. I hope it happens soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                    Shels, Sky also cut out on me after McKay woke up.
                    For those of you who were cut off, here's what happens in the last scene. I don't think I have to put this in spoiler tags since this is the episode thread. But let me know and I'll edit it if I have to.

After the Darkness leaves thru the Gate, we see McKay is lying flat on his back on the Gate Room floor, feet facing towards the Gate. It looks like he fell after taking several steps backward since he's behind the disabled MALP. Sheppard, Teyla, Weir and Grodin run down the stairs. Sheppard reaches him first and kneels on one side of McKay. Weir kneels on the other side. Weir picks up the unlighted personal shield from McKay's chest.

Weir: McKay?

(She hands the shield to Grodin)
                    Grodin: It must have been drained by the entity.

(Sheppard activates his radio)
                    Sheppard: Medical team to the Gate Room.

(Weir touches McKay)
                    Weir: He's not burnt. He's breathing. McKay? McKay?

(McKay opens his eyes and blinks at those above him)
                    McKay: What happened?

Weir: You did it.
                    McKay: I did?
                    Weir: It went through the gate.

(Sheppard smiles at McKay)
                    Sheppard: You must have passed out.

(McKay waves a hand towards Sheppard)
                    McKay: Oh, thanks for not saying the other thing.

(Sheppard stands up from his kneeling position and turns to Teyla)
                    Sheppard: Now, that was a Hail Mary.

(Sheppard, Teyla, Grodin and Weir smile. McKay starts to sit up as the medical team comes into the Gate Room. McKay, still sitting, moves his shoulders and head like he hurt his back or neck from falling backwards onto the hard Gate Room floor. The medical team is now at McKay's side)

McKay: Thank you. Take your time. Man down.

(McKay, still sitting, continues to move like he's testing to see if everything still works)

End scene.
                    Last edited by watcher652; 26 October 2004, 05:22 PM.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Good episode, but very similar to SG-1's third episode this season 'Lockdown'. What was more interesting to watch was the interactions between the characters and how their relationships are building up. As said, I think Rodney has great scene's and interaction with nearly everybody, great character and very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                        Weir: He's not burnt. He's breathing. McKay? McKay?
                        I thought it was odd how Weir called him McKay all through this episode (and especially in this moment) when she called him Rodney through all of "Rising." It seemed kind of impersonal. Are they not friends anymore?

Also, why weren't people more worried about poor little Rodney? Were they all really that confident that the shield would turn itself off? What if it hadn't? Nobody seemed to care!!

Loved the episode though - especially all the Rodney stuff (surprise, surprise)!

Glad to see some more of Ford. I like him a lot now. Poor thing! And Teyla got more to do, which was good.

Perhaps the little children will start idolising Rodney now, rather than Major Sheppard. You know, now that he's saved Atlantis and all!

One point of interest - Weir said they were all allowed to take one personal item to Atlantis with them. Sheppard took a copy of a footie game (gotta love that!). But what did Weir take with her?

My money's on her hairdresser. Her hair did look suspiciously well-styled in this episode!
                        "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

I think they all understood that Rodney was panicking enough without them feeding his fear. It wasn't that they weren't concerned at all, but that what would showing him that they were concerned do? Make him worry and suffer more?

As for the name thing, I think the writers don't really have a feel for writing civilians yet. At least in the early episodes they are very inconsistant with the way they handle writing Weir. It's even worse in 38 Minutes, but I think that's becuase originally 38 Minutes was supposed to be episode 2 and not episode 3.

Comment

Originally posted by CultTVGirl
                            I thought it was odd how Weir called him McKay all through this episode (and especially in this moment) when she called him Rodney through all of "Rising." It seemed kind of impersonal. Are they not friends anymore?
                            I wondered about that myself in an earlier post. Especially when she had just shouted "Rodney!" before he went into the Darkness. And she called him Rodney earlier in the episode, too, in the research lab right before the shield fell off McKay's chest.

But here's how I reconcilled this. She was giving him an order to wake up and thought he would respond more to an order with his last name than his first.

Also, why weren't people more worried about poor little Rodney? Were they all really that confident that the shield would turn itself off? What if it hadn't? Nobody seemed to care!!
                            I just think they really believed the Ancients wouldn't leave something dangerous around with no warning. Although if the gene therapy didn't take, that would have been a situation that wouldn't have occured to the Ancients and McKay would really be in trouble.

One point of interest - Weir said they were all allowed to take one personal item to Atlantis with them. Sheppard took a copy of a footie game (gotta love that!). But what did Weir take with her?

My money's on her hairdresser. Her hair did look suspiciously well-styled in this episode!
                            You're not the first to notice her hair! And there have been comments about her seemingly endless supply of blouses, too.

My kind of guy:

Comment

I really enjoyed the ep.
                              The look of glee on Sheps face when he pushed McKay off the balcony and mentioned that he had also shot him was a scream.
                              I also thought the scene between McKay and Beckett when he got the injection was good too. Those two really work well together, it seemed really natural.
                              Nice effect when McKay goes into the dark entity.
                              Good ep.
                              sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's because Weir is in command of the operation at Atlantis, and may now feel it inappropriate to be informal infront of others members of the team.

I liked the effect when McKay goes into the Darkness as well. Just a thought, I may be unclear, but if the Personal Shield was programmed to work only with the first person who used it wouldn't it only work with the ancient that wore it originally and not McKay? Maybe it hadn't been wore before, who knows?

Comment

Working...
                                X