No announcement yet.

Rising, Part 2 (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Sigh* I AM the child! I am sensitive to gross-ness. I'll watch out for that Sumner part. If I want to watch Lost City, New Order, and Rising in chronological order...what is that order?

Comment

THAT is the right order.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        THAT is the right order.
        So I am actually fairly intelligent? Wow!

How would all you guys/girls rate the techno-aspect of this episode?

Comment

heck yeah let's made enemies! Weir is so right in the scene with Shep!

And Sheo bringing all the people there and not sking weir anyway and.. gah! and that should be the military leader now? oh my..
          Well I like Shep as person but not as a military leader.. but it's not my city

I didn't liked the Wraith that much, they rememberd me on the Nazgûl and I didn't bought them. They loooked more like they shoudl be scray instead of beeing it. Like "oh we need a horroble scary super-evil-nemesis-race"
          Now I like the Wraith, yeah suck me! *hehe*

The raising of the city is WOW! I said in the firt part thread it's really a cool look! just Weirs words were so... "give the series a big set up" and not organic for the character.

and WTF about Teyla? she trust people form another galaxy who comes to her planet, bring the wraith with them and start a war? yeah sure, great leader.. I would trust you with my life NOT.
          And after that she calls them as friends? erm.. yeah with such friends you don't need enemies.

And about Weir... well in teh first part she stood up to him and said he shouldn't get head over heels and then she tells him ge did the right thing to piss everybody of, to put people in jepardy and bring strangers into their own caos of settleing down there?

I liked the couch scene though, just how did Shep got the game on the screen? Does he have a DVD and they put it into a laptop and projected it on screen? And why do they bring popcorn?
          But the city is cool must have a slef-cleaning program because there is no dirt and no dust^^ A George-Robot who keeps everything clean, the city, the laundry, the bathrooms, waterrecycler, jumper and teh stargate.. hm consider 'bot that flys over the stargate with a feather duster
          Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
          Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
          If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
          "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

I just watched all of Stargate SG-1 in the last 2 1/2 months and decided to start on Stargate Atlantis.

I really loved the pilot. I don't know what I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it. I like the characters and I like the premise. Another strong female character for me to love - I liked Weir from the get-go. Not sure yet how I feel about Teyla. I don't dislike her. I'm also pleasantly surprised that I didn't hate McKay. He was a good foil for Carter in the SG-1 episodes he appeared in, but I couldn't imagine watching him all the time. And here I was enjoying him so much!!!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Loved this episode and is one of my many favorites of season one.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
              Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
              http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

This is the introduction to the Wraith. I found them to be an intimidating foe up close. When the humans were imprisoned and the wraith "captain" came to select one of them for dinner I was expecting the whole system lord style introduction and interrogation thing. But the Wraith said nothing, just knocked Sumner down, selected a victim and left. Teyla said "The Wraith have no need to explain themselves" I found that silent treatment to be very intimidating. Treating humans merely as cattle.

Comment

I was a little disappointed that for such an advanced enemy, the Wraith were easy to defeat. The darts can be shot down with our "primitive" weapons and their bases are easily infiltrated. I guess you can say we caught them off guard. I hope they are tougher in future.

They don't seem like a match for the Ancients. A Puddle Jumper is clearly superior to a Wraith Dart.
                  IF they defeated the Ancients through superior numbers, that too seems odd. Because predatory species don't normally outnumber their prey. Certainly not in earthly ecosystems anyway. But the Wraith's long hibernation can explain this, plus we don't know how often they need to feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak View Post
                    The jumpers missiles are cool!
                    Yeah they are, drones are one of the most powerfull wepons ever bult, still i dont think we need to use to 2 drones to take out a dart.

The Rising is still one of the best Stargate Atlantis episode to date. I was just like wow when i first watched it.

SGA FOREVER!!!
                    This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                    Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                    we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

the jumpers should of defo had a turkey sandwhich creator brilliant episode

Comment

does anyone else get a shiver down their spine when atlantis rises? its amazing.

Comment

this is a great episode and its great because its in two parts i think the Atlantis rising was great and the fact u didn't know if they were going to die or if they would have to give up Atlantis (well u know they would live since it would be stupid if they didn't) and as for the Wraith they have became i fave bad guys
                          sigpic

Comment

i honestly dont know why they always separate these two eps...its the same EPISODE!

Comment

I liked the episode, the wraith look relay cool, they are the scariest looking enemy I can remember!

I really like all the new characters but my favourite for now are Dr.McKay and Dr.Beckett!
                              They are funny
                              My blog:Nuno Barreto's Blog

Comment

I re-watched Rising the other day, and my enjoyment level of it has really dropped. Do i know why, well not really i guess there could be many a factors that play into it; other shows that i've watched recently or things that have been said recently or maybe the amount of times i've seen it (which i dont think is that much). Its gone from something i use to really enjoy to something very generic. I hope this feeling changes as i continue to re-watch season 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X