Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex Discussion Thread (possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greytop
    Now back on topic . . . .
    Daaaahling, being on topic is SO passé . . . .

Comment

It reminds me of Entars. From the spoiler pics we see for Runner:
      Spoiler:
      it looks rather much like earth (there is a store in the background) so it would make sense that they have the knowledge to make such weapons. Well, I'm assuming that this pic is of him on his home planet: http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2...ics/203_08.jpg but that could be totally off.

Or, another theory, since the wraith let him loose for play they might have given him that so that he wouldn't kill them if they messed up one of their hunts. Wouldn't do to arm him with a real weapon
      Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
        Daaaahling, being on topic is SO passé . . . .

Then why not be passe elsewhere, daaaaaahling?

greytop, I truly have no idea. I've seen the gun, but until I see Runner, I doubt I'll be able to answer your question. I could ask some of the tech experts on the Forum...like Owen Macri, he knows everything. LOL
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Well, less than one week until Runner, and we finally get to see the character of Dex Ronan in action. The previews (thought very short) from last night, looked great.

(Anyone who was in Vancouver in April (at the Con), saw a longer preview of Shep and Teyla "meeting" with Dex for the first time. And he was looking and sounding great in that clip. )
          On fighting:

Comment

Yea he has a sexy voice!!!!hehe

Comment

6 days and counting down till "Runner" When I saw the preview from next friday's show I actually screamed.....is that weird??? LOL I am just so excited it's almost too much LOL It was way to short of a preview...like a tease
              Purple's Biggest Fan
              A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Yes Penny, his voice is "smooth as butta". As for sexy, I'd have to say the character (and the actor) exudes it.

Right now, ( glances at calendar), it's about 4 and half days until Dex premieres?
                On fighting:

Comment

Even my friend's cat (female, of course, ), can't wait for this Friday's debut appearance of Dex Ronan!!!!

( I'm a bit anxious myself. )
                  On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    Even my friend's cat (female, of course, ), can't wait for this Friday's debut appearance of Dex Ronan!!!!

( I'm a bit anxious myself. )
                    Smart Kitty!!!
                    Purple's Biggest Fan
                    A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Blue007
                      Smart Kitty!!!
                      Yep, a very smart kitty. And one with excellent taste too!
                      On fighting:

Comment

Yep, a very smart kitty. And one with excellent taste too!
                        mmmm...smart and good taste...very good kitty
                        Purple's Biggest Fan
                        A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Getting very close to Friday evening....and the debut of JM as Dex Ronan. I have to admit, I'm getting nervous, but I'm certain, from the previews I've seen, he will be great and is just what the series needs. New blood and hot blood. "Nerdy" scientists are great and I love McKay and Zelenka, but with Shep now a Lt. Col., the show will need somoneone who isn't bound by authority and is willing to do what is necessasry to get a job done, even if the means are sometimes questionable.

I know this is SciFi, but even Scifi needs a touch of reality and Dex should provide that, in his attitude toward authority and orders. At least, I hope so.
                          On fighting:

Comment

I know this is SciFi, but even Scifi needs a touch of reality and Dex should provide that, in his attitude toward authority and orders. At least, I hope so.
                            I do hope so too. In earning the respect of the crew from Atlantis, they should play that longer than they did with Teyla or Teal'c.
                            Last edited by greytop; 26 July 2005, 05:55 AM. Reason: change wording of post

Comment

Getting very close to Friday evening....and the debut of JM as Dex Ronan. I have to admit, I'm getting nervous, but I'm certain, from the previews I've seen, he will be great and is just what the series needs. New blood and hot blood. "Nerdy" scientists are great and I love McKay and Zelenka, but with Shep now a Lt. Col., the show will need somoneone who isn't bound by authority and is willing to do what is necessasry to get a job done, even if the means are sometimes questionable.

Yes, a take charge kinda guy, kick butt and ask questions later...although Shep seems to run on impulse and take risks...now maybe he'll have another guy to push the risks even further...fearless. I know Momoa will be outstanding, no question about it..you all will love him in this role!! I promise you that!!!
                              Purple's Biggest Fan
                              A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                                I do hope so too. In earning the respect of the crew from Atlantis, they should play that longer than they did with Teyla or Teal'c.
                                You are 100% correct. They need to keep his character true to his origins and experiences. He has spent 7 years of Hell (can I write that?) running form the Wraith, doing anything to remain alive. He saw the majority of his homeworl destroyed.

I hope they keep that very essential part of his character alive in the series. I also think that over time Teal'c's character and even Teyla's has been "watered" down. I'd like to see a resurrence of their original personalities too.

Good point greytop!
                                On fighting:

Comment

Working...
                                X