Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex Discussion Thread (possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greytop
    It depends on how many post you have made and you should not be offended. It will change again when you reaach 50 posts.
    thanks for telling me, I was really curious about it.
    Purple's Biggest Fan
    A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
      Yeah, I was kind of distraught about the ratings. I hope they improve once Atlantis and SG-1 "get their legs," so to speak, and set up the new status quos. Both of their season premieres were very transitional in nature, and the full, new teams won't be in place until the third or fourth episode of SGA and the 6th of SG-1. Give the shows some time to stabilize, I say.
      I was thinking that too, give it time to stabilize. Thanks for responding.
      Purple's Biggest Fan
      A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

My pleasure. It's a shame that so many people are quick to judge shows like this. The Stargate franchise has always been one that really takes its time and works its way through things organically. A lot of other shows would've sped through the introductions of Mitchell and Dex and just returned to the formula with the new characters as if they'd been there from the start, but I like the fact that Stargate is kind of feeling its way through and giving the new elements due time to settle in.
        Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
        Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
        Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
        Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

My pleasure. It's a shame that so many people are quick to judge shows like this. The Stargate franchise has always been one that really takes its time and works its way through things organically. A lot of other shows would've sped through the introductions of Mitchell and Dex and just returned to the formula with the new characters as if they'd been there from the start, but I like the fact that Stargate is kind of feeling its way through and giving the new elements due time to settle in.
          Excellent point. With only one episode each, so far, to go on, I'm more than willing to wait and see. Matter of fact, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of SGA and of course, the introduction of Ronan Dex. I know tptb are probably anxious to establish his character, but I hope they don't try to rush things. I agree that's it's much better to slowly learn about a character, through his/her actions and interactions.

Well, guess we'll be finding out soon. Will also be interesting to see how "Super" Ford fits into the whole storyline.
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I know it's kind of goofy and fanboyish of me, but damn, I can't wait to see Dex and Super-Ford meet up in "Runner."
            Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
            Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
            Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
            Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I know it's kind of goofy and fanboyish of me, but damn, I can't wait to see Dex and Super-Ford meet up in "Runner."
              You are not the only one who can't wait, trust me on that It is like torcher some days..LOL!!!
              Purple's Biggest Fan
              A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

You are NOT alone. I'm eager, not just to finally see Dex in action, but am also very excited about the possible interaction between "Super" Ford and Dex.
                On fighting:

Comment

Just a head's up....Jason's birthday is August 1st ( a Leo, hmmm, fits ) and his favorite food is Mom's spahgetti, sooooooooo, remember, it's going to be party time here on August 1st, with lots of spahgetti and cake!

(Maybe we can get his Mom to send us her recipe.... )
                  On fighting:

Comment

Glad someone was payin attention...we'll do a thread MOMOA'S BIRTHDAY!! Monday Aug 1, 2005 he will be 26...Spag and cake it is What kind do ya think.....cake that is?? Need to send BD cards too!!
                    and thanks Lida...on the other thread...I'm moving up (dancing around her desk while boss is gone)
                    Purple's Biggest Fan
                    A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Blue007
                      Glad someone was payin attention...we'll do a thread MOMOA'S BIRTHDAY!! Monday Aug 1, 2005 he will be 26...Spag and cake it is What kind do ya think.....cake that is?? Need to send BD cards too!!
                      and thanks Lida...on the other thread...I'm moving up (dancing around her desk while boss is gone)
                      I guess I'll need to "ask" around as to whether he prefers chocolate, vanilla or Macademia...... I'll have to get an answer soon, I may not be here for the actual event.

(and you better keep your dancing at work to a minimum..... )
                      On fighting:

Comment

LOL...Lida...yeah good way to get fired...are you able to post on the calendar??? I am a rookie and it won't let me add Momoa's birthday or mine
                        So I was wondering if you or someone else could do it....please.

Lets see the cake...lets just choose something we like 'cause we'll be the ones eating it...what do ya think of yellow cake and choc. buttercream frosting...or we could do an ice cream cake...I'm flex able...well anything but choc. cake and whitefrosting...
                        Purple's Biggest Fan
                        A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

LOL...Lida...yeah good way to get fired...are you able to post on the calendar??? I am a rookie and it won't let me add Momoa's birthday or mine
                          So I was wondering if you or someone else could do it....please.
                          Are you talking about the GW calender, Blue? If you are, I belive that they don't add the actor's birthdays to the calender. But if you want to add your you need to go to Edit Profile on My Controls and add yours then it will automatically to the calender. Hope this helps.

Comment

Stop it. Y'all are making me hungry.

So Jason will be 26? My goodness. .he is still a growing boy!

Lida - your Furling sig is hysterical! *LOL*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              Are you talking about the GW calender, Blue? If you are, I belive that they don't add the actor's birthdays to the calender. But if you want to add your you need to go to Edit Profile on My Controls and add yours then it will automatically to the calender. Hope this helps.
                              Yes, that is the one, I will try that thanks...I thought I saw Francs bd on there 8/1/05... or I just misread it. thanks again.
                              Purple's Biggest Fan
                              A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Yes, that is the one, I will try that thanks...I thought I saw Francs bd on there 8/1/05... or I just misread it. thanks again.
                                Mr. Franck's birthday would be there, on the GW calendar of birthdays, because he posts here, under his real name. Jason doesn't. (sighs)

Anyone know why this thread was moved to Characters and Relationships, but the F.O.R.D. thread wasn't?

Just wondering.......an explanation would have been nice, but I guess I already know the answer.
                                On fighting:

Comment

Working...
                                X