Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
    Spoiler:
    I found the episode quite "not so very much interesting". That one little scene made me cringe. Rodney was so OOC - it wasn't the same concerned Rodney we had in the beginning of the episode where we see how he really feels about the thought of Zelenka being stabbed.

If I were Keller, I wouldn't be so nice to him after that behaviour.

Poor Radek. He didn't deserve that.

But it was nice to see how they all saw him as a kind and nice person who couldn't harm a fly 'cause thats him no matter how p****ed he is.
    Spoiler:
    When Radek cleared his throat, I had a little flash in my mind of Rodney going over and giving him the flowers and chocolates. Mostly that's just my slashy mind doing wishful thinking, but it might have even been a fun comic scene if done right (imagine the look on Jennifer's face! Although she might have just been amused).

I liked when Keller apologized to him, even though it totally wasn't her fault and he understood that. It was a nice moment.

The only time I can remember Radek harming anyone was in Tabula Rasa, where he'd beaned someone with a metal pipe, but that was only because he'd felt very threatened and had to defend himself, and he wasn't even in his right mind. And everyone was surprised at that, then, for the same reason- he wouldn't hurt a fly!

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
      Spoiler:
      When Radek cleared his throat, I had a little flash in my mind of Rodney going over and giving him the flowers and chocolates. Mostly that's just my slashy mind doing wishful thinking, but it might have even been a fun comic scene if done right (imagine the look on Jennifer's face! Although she might have just been amused).

I liked when Keller apologized to him, even though it totally wasn't her fault and he understood that. It was a nice moment.

The only time I can remember Radek harming anyone was in Tabula Rasa, where he'd beaned someone with a metal pipe, but that was only because he'd felt very threatened and had to defend himself, and he wasn't even in his right mind. And everyone was surprised at that, then, for the same reason- he wouldn't hurt a fly!
      Spoiler:

Know what? I had a similar vision, just leaving Jennifer with the flowers and giving the chocolates to Radek. But nooooooooo......
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
        Spoiler:

Know what? I had a similar vision, just leaving Jennifer with the flowers and giving the chocolates to Radek. But nooooooooo......
        Spoiler:

That would have been nice considering what Rodney has put Radek through all these years!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Comment

Yay! Radek-fix! Thanks for the pic-spams! Love that expressive face.

Spoiler:
            I'm not at all surprised by McKay's behavior in the last scene, really. He was genuinely worried and shocked, I think, when he first heard the news, but I think once he knew Radek would be okay and the threat was passed, he just settled right back into his natural mocking mode. He's hassled Sheppard plenty of times when he was injured. He only gets serious when he thinks the person may really die.

Love the translations of what he said! David comes up with some great stuff to mutter in Czech. I like that he has free rein to say whatever he wants there.

I just noticed in the pic of him belevision posted (poor stabbed baby), Radek's wearing what looks like a bracelet on his right wrist. Wonder if there's any meaning to that.

Nice to meet you, belevision! Glad you got to see the episode! We've been treated to a fair amount of Radek these last couple weeks, what with McKay's hallucinations in Remnants and all.

Hi Rosehawk! Great to be back here. I've missed you guys! Ooh, I'd love a degree in David's chemistry. Most enjoyable thesis work ever! Really, though, I'm working on my Masters degree in Wildlife Ecology now. It's been really interesting. Lots of field work, volunteering helping school groups, learning all kinds of stuff about Texas' ecosystem. My thesis is on using GIS mapping to be able to predict where white-winged dove populations occur in cities based on whatever variables we find useful (amount of tree cover, water availability, amount of paved surfaces, etc.). So I'm trying to learn GIS now, then I'll spend the summer looking for doves.

One thing that's amusing me with school is that all the campus computers are Macs and in my stats class our program we use is very code based (DOS-like commands), so I keep getting flashes of being McKay trying to solve some programming problem. Add to that the girl across from me who mutters in Serbian when frustrated and I definitely get an Atlantis deja vu.

How are you doing?

Comment

*plucks him out of the picture*
              *fluffs him up some more*
              *puts him back*

There we go!

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
              Spoiler:
              I'm not at all surprised by McKay's behavior in the last scene, really. He was genuinely worried and shocked, I think, when he first heard the news, but I think once he knew Radek would be okay and the threat was passed, he just settled right back into his natural mocking mode. He's hassled Sheppard plenty of times when he was injured. He only gets serious when he thinks the person may really die.

Love the translations of what he said! David comes up with some great stuff to mutter in Czech. I like that he has free rein to say whatever he wants there.

I just noticed in the pic of him belevision posted (poor stabbed baby), Radek's wearing what looks like a bracelet on his right wrist. Wonder if there's any meaning to that.
              Yeah...
              Spoiler:
              I think it's just his way. He's pretty self-absorbed unless it's a dire extreme. Also, he has a hard time facing his feelings for other people, as we saw near the end of This Mortal Coil where he couldn't deal with talking about his friends who had died.

I've seen the bracelet before. Of course now I can't find pics but I have seen it. I like that little individual touch.

One thing that's amusing me with school is that all the campus computers are Macs and in my stats class our program we use is very code based (DOS-like commands), so I keep getting flashes of being McKay trying to solve some programming problem. Add to that the girl across from me who mutters in Serbian when frustrated and I definitely get an Atlantis deja vu.
              Hee!
              Last edited by Coaster; 14 December 2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Yay! Radek-fix! Thanks for the pic-spams! Love that expressive face.
                I think we all agree, his expressive face is wonderful!

Spoiler:

Originally posted by SETI_fan
                Spoiler:
                Spoiler:

I agree. I wasn't too surprised by McKay's behavior towards Radek at the end. He knew Radek was going to be okay so he was back in his business as usual mode with him. Plus I think he was showing off for Jennifer.
                He did act concerned when he found out Radek was stabbed, if we hadn't have had that moment earlier in the show, then Rodney's behavior towards Radek at the end would have ticked me off.

Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                It's a David thing. He had the bracelet on his wrist when he was at the Chicago convention and I have seen alot of other pics that shows he is wearing it so it does have some significance for him. I don't know if anyone has asked him about it or if he would tell if asked.

Hi Rosehawk! Great to be back here. I've missed you guys! Ooh, I'd love a degree in David's chemistry. Most enjoyable thesis work ever! Really, though, I'm working on my Masters degree in Wildlife Ecology now. It's been really interesting. Lots of field work, volunteering helping school groups, learning all kinds of stuff about Texas' ecosystem. My thesis is on using GIS mapping to be able to predict where white-winged dove populations occur in cities based on whatever variables we find useful (amount of tree cover, water availability, amount of paved surfaces, etc.). So I'm trying to learn GIS now, then I'll spend the summer looking for doves.
                That sounds cool. Similar to Zelenka's pigeons, aye??!
                My youth troop is working with Bald Eagles here, if you are interested I can send you a link to an article one of the girls wrote up that was just recently published. It's pretty impressive to see teens handling the birds, feeding them and teaching the public about them.

LOL!

How are you doing?
                Getting ready for a massive snow and ice storm that is suppose to hit anytime now. Already have the rain, which means it will be freezing shortly and the snow is to follow right after that. It's going to be an ugly drive into work tomorrow.

*sigh* at least I have my Radek clone to keep me warm and comfee!
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 14 December 2008, 03:22 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                  Getting ready for a massive snow and ice storm that is suppose to hit anytime now. Already have the rain, which means it will be freezing shortly and the snow is to follow right after that. It's going to be an ugly drive into work tomorrow.

*sigh* at least I have my Radek clone to keep me warm and comfee!
                  We had one of those here in New England just before the weekend. A lot of people still don't have power and it's cold here! I was lucky in that I live just south of the "ice line", but some of my coworkers weren't so lucky. I hope your power stays on, and that you stay warm and safe. Keep that clone nearby; they come in handy as an auxiliary heat source!

Spoiler:
                  Lizzie keeps him handy for that (and other) reasons!

Comment

We had one of those here in New England just before the weekend. A lot of people still don't have power and it's cold here! I was lucky in that I live just south of the "ice line", but some of my coworkers weren't so lucky. I hope your power stays on, and that you stay warm and safe.
                    Yikes. Thanks! We typically get really high winds and lots of snow so I am hoping we don't get an ice storm. We've had light rain all day and now it is starting to freeze. The winds haven't hit so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather people have it wrong again. Getting up early to shovel snow and then drive in it is not exactly my most favorite thing to do!
                    Originally posted by belevision
                    Keep that clone nearby; they come in handy as an auxiliary heat source!
                    Yum, yes indeed!
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      Welcome to Atlantis... *thinks: ohhhhhhhh.... the hand is driving me nuts....* The results from the lab will come in a minute... *thinks: ... and so will I*

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Welcome to Atlantis... *thinks: ohhhhhhhh.... the hand is driving me nuts....* The results from the lab will come in a minute... *thinks: ... and so will I*
                        Spoiler:

: *thinking* Listen to her...what a professional... I would have thought she'd be stammering and forgetting words by now. Such a strong woman, to be admired... and it inspires me to work a little harder doing *this*.
                        : *jumps slightly*
                        : *thinking* Uh oh... I think I'm in trouble later on.

Comment

Remnants *THUNK*
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Remnants *THUNK*
                            Awwwwww, such lovely thunks!

Needed that to make my day go sooooo much better!

Oh my clone is soooooo going to get a work-out here. It's going to be 30-degrees below zero here tomorrow. I am glad that clones are nice, warm and portable!
                            Last edited by Rosehawk; 15 December 2008, 03:45 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                              Awwwwww, such lovely thunks!

Needed that to make my day go sooooo much better!

Oh my clone is soooooo going to get a work-out here. It's going to be 30-degrees below zero here tomorrow. I am glad that clones are nice, warm and portable!
                              He was so cute in that ep.

30 degrees below zero!? You'd better clone your clone, so that you can have them surround you with extra warmth!

Comment

He was so cute in that ep.
                                Beyond cute! Love his smile in the second pic! Nice sparkle in his eye......

Originally posted by belevision
                                30 degrees below zero!? You'd better clone your clone, so that you can have them surround you with extra warmth!
                                Yeah, it's really really really cold and my d#$m car is acting up which the cold will make worse. It's been such a good reliable car so go figure!
                                Haven't figured out what is going on with Monday's lately.....but as long as there is Zelenka, the day will always go so much better!

Ahhhh to snuggle up to the clone to be all warm and comfee!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X