Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    What did you expect? It's a Zelenka thread!
    I must agree with Pajus. I've never met a geek who wasn't into really hot, dirty sex and since Zelenka is most assuredly a geek... *shrug*

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    qqqq

Spoiler:
    Radek: Elizabeth, you know I am not exagerating, why do you think I keep my pants so loose.

Spoiler:

McKay: Elizabeth and Teyla -- you? Seriously?
    Radek: Yes, Rodney, is this so hard to believe? It's not as if I'm getting myself beaten with sticks by hacking into Teyla's journal.
    McKay: Oh, crap.

I also made some banner things a while back when I realized my entire Czech vocabulary consisted of "please" and not-nice words. ^^;; Rather like my Spanish vocabulary. Rosario had his priorities when it came to teaching his coworkers his mother tongue.

I figured I wasn't the only one in that same situation, though I know there are some fluent Czech speakers on the list.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Want, take, have, credit if you want.

And today I had an It's Apparent You're a Zelenka Fangirl moment that I felt I'd share.

Spoiler:
    I work in a photo lab. Most pictures we don't really notice, we just fix the color and move on without really paying close attention to the subject matter -- it's more of a "one magenta, two yellow, one contrast; minus two yellow, one cyan, ten saturation; minus one magenta; unfixable, pass; unfixable, pass;" sort of a thought process. However, every now and then a picture will actually catch our eye.

Last month a picture came through that was a ballet dancer leaping in a city square. There were two pigeons in the shot, which I noticed for obvious reasons. I blurted, "ooh, pigeons!" and I called it the "pigeon picture" when I told the lady how beautiful the shot was (she was happy someone not-her-family liked it).

Today a woman whose sister races pigeons brought in pictures to enter in the fair. Again, I commented, "ooh, pigeons!" and then I chatted with the lady about pigeon racing, which I'd researched for a Zelenka fanfic a while back.

My boss then chimed in with, "what is with your affinity for pigeons?"

I didn't want say it to my boss becuase she's not fannish and I don't want to have to explain that sort of thing to my employer, but I was thinking it -- "Zelenka fangirl, that's why."

So. Shutting up now. ^^;;

DragonLady
    Last edited by DragonLadyK; 08 August 2008, 10:14 PM.
    "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
      I must agree with Pajus. I've never met a geek who wasn't into really hot, dirty sex and since Zelenka is most assuredly a geek... *shrug*
      *twittles thumbs humming to oneself*

Originally posted by DragonLadyK
      I also made some banner things a while back when I realized my entire Czech vocabulary consisted of "please" and not-nice words. ^^;; Rather like my Spanish vocabulary. Rosario had his priorities when it came to teaching his coworkers his mother tongue.

I figured I wasn't the only one in that same situation, though I know there are some fluent Czech speakers on the list.

Spoiler:

LOL. These are great! Can I snurch?

And today I had an It's Apparent You're a Zelenka Fangirl moment that I felt I'd share.

Spoiler:
      I work in a photo lab. Most pictures we don't really notice, we just fix the color and move on without really paying close attention to the subject matter -- it's more of a "one magenta, two yellow, one contrast; minus two yellow, one cyan, ten saturation; minus one magenta; unfixable, pass; unfixable, pass;" sort of a thought process. However, every now and then a picture will actually catch our eye.

Last month a picture came through that was a ballet dancer leaping in a city square. There were two pigeons in the shot, which I noticed for obvious reasons. I blurted, "ooh, pigeons!" and I called it the "pigeon picture" when I told the lady how beautiful the shot was (she was happy someone not-her-family liked it).

Today a woman whose sister races pigeons brought in pictures to enter in the fair. Again, I commented, "ooh, pigeons!" and then I chatted with the lady about pigeon racing, which I'd researched for a Zelenka fanfic a while back.

My boss then chimed in with, "what is with your affinity for pigeons?"

I didn't want say it to my boss becuase she's not fannish and I don't want to have to explain that sort of thing to my employer, but I was thinking it -- "Zelenka fangirl, that's why."

So. Shutting up now. ^^;;

DragonLady
      LOL! Ahhhhh, the fangirl moments come at the most ackward times don't they!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

One of mine came when I was working at a fast food restaurant. We had a safe that we would keep the money in overnight and one day, I looked at it and happened to notice it was an NKL safe. Nobody knew why I was laughing so hard!
        Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
        SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

Mine was a tad bit embarassing.....I got put on a new product team at work and went to a meeting. One of the engineers looked alot like Radek. His hair was a different color and he is slightly overweight, where as Radek is pretty trim but boy I did a few double takes in the meeting just to check out the resemblance. I am soooooo glad no one noticed.
          Guy is really a nice guy tooo...
          sigpic

Comment

LOL. These are great! Can I snurch?
            Certainly! They're meant for sharing. ^^

Originally posted by dancer_4_daniel View Post
            One of mine came when I was working at a fast food restaurant. We had a safe that we would keep the money in overnight and one day, I looked at it and happened to notice it was an NKL safe. Nobody knew why I was laughing so hard!
            Seems a perfectly reasonable reaction to me...

DragonLady
            "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Exactly! We're reasonable people.
              SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Okay, I am making a David/Zelenka video for the convention in a few weeks, or at least I am attempting to....

Need some help choosing a good had shot to end the video on. What do you guys think? I am trying to stay away from a Zelenka headshot cause we see so much lovely Zelenka....

I like the first photo cause it shows David's lovely eyes....
                I like the second one cause it just seems like it's David....
                I like the third one cause it is just plain sexy......
                sigpic

Comment

I'd personally go with the first one myself.
                  SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

I likr the first one because I can see the glasses as elenka. The third one is good because it is sexy. I'd suggest using the one that is the newest.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                    Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Exactly! We're reasonable people.

I like the second one cause it just seems like it's David....
                      I concurr, and cast my vote for the second one.

Here are some pics from "Jake 2.0." Want (despite the low resolution), take, have. ^^ This is the thunker thread, after all.
                      Spoiler:

The obligatory hand/gun shot. I couldn't resist, okay? Meow.

When I, um, acquired this ep, I full expected not to believe it -- you know, that I would end up saying to my screen, "ppsshaw, you don't mean it, Vasily, you're too nice!" I was happily proven wrong -- David Nykl can in fact play a complete badass as well as he can play the almost too adorable to be human Zelenka.

DragonLady

Comment

*thud* Owww....my butt!
                        SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post

When I, um, acquired this ep, I full expected not to believe it -- you know, that I would end up saying to my screen, "ppsshaw, you don't mean it, Vasily, you're too nice!" I was happily proven wrong -- David Nykl can in fact play a complete badass as well as he can play the almost too adorable to be human Zelenka.
                          DragonLady
                          I so agree with you there. I saw his movie Escape Velocity - okay the movie is not that great but David is fantastic in it and that's not just the fangirl talking. He is a total badass and really creepy - at least the first watch through. EV is what made me realize and apprectiate David's verstitility as an actor! EV and his Moonman performance in Cold Squad- simply wonderful!

Originally posted by Renenutet
                          I likr the first one because I can see the glasses as elenka. The third one is good because it is sexy. I'd suggest using the one that is the newest.
                          I went with the first one. I think the first one appeals to a broader range of fans and damn, David looks good in it.

I like the third one alot as well, that is the one a friend got me his autograph on last year....It's quite a sexy look for David!

I concurr, and cast my vote for the second one.
                          I like the second one but I am not sure it is a good one to introduce David on so I went with the first one.

Yeah! I finally finished the video...Man that was tough cause I wanted it to be more than Zelenka and I couldn't get video clips of everything I wanted, oh well. Can't show it to you guys until after the convention in a few weeks. The con organizers said I could make one for David...I hope they like it and use it! Geez, wouldn't that just make this fangirl's day!
                          I did one for Ben too, but that's for a different thread and Ben's was for a competition.
                          sigpic

Comment

*thud* Owww....my butt!
                            Here's Dr. Radek to help make your behind feel better?

sigpic

Comment

Yee haw! Come to momma, Dr. Hot Stuff...
                              SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Here's Dr. Radek to help make your behind feel better?
                                Depends on what he's gonna do with that behind...

Comment

Working...
                                X