X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Spoiler:
    Ma milovana sestro! Svagre! Kmotrenko!

Dnes jsem dostala Vase pozvanky a obe si s velikou radosti precetla. Pri obou prilezitostech Vas rada navstivim ve Vasem novem dome v Eisenachu, a pokud to bude mozne, prinesu s sebou nejake banany (slysela jsem zvesti, ze tam kde ted zijete jsou vzacne).

Doufam, ze se mate vsichni dobre a tesim se na brzske shledani.

S pranim vseho nejlepsiho,

The translation was made assuming that you are a girl. Wow... They will be surprised
    I hope so! Thank you very much! They didn't really move to Eisenach, only into a road with that name, but my sisters invitation was filled with ex-GDR- clichés and so I had to refer to the banana.

~~~~~~~

Oh thank god its friday. My day wasn't bad itself, but I talked to the foster mother of one of my pupils. It took me great effort to get the child out of her family and I so hoped that she now gets the time to get some rest, find herself and allows her soul to heal, but it isn't working the way we all hoped. She still is under great stress and pressure and she doesn't want the psychological help she desperately needs. It was better for some weeks after she moved from her mother and stepfather, but at the moment its just getting worse.

I don't know what to do any more, the only thing left is, for my own sake, to not feel personally involved.
    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
      I
      Oh thank god its friday. My day wasn't bad itself, but I talked to the foster mother of one of my pupils. It took me great effort to get the child out of her family and I so hoped that she now gets the time to get some rest, find herself and allows her soul to heal, but it isn't working the way we all hoped. She still is under great stress and pressure and she doesn't want the psychological help she desperately needs. It was better for some weeks after she moved from her mother and stepfather, but at the moment its just getting worse.

I don't know what to do any more, the only thing left is, for my own sake, to not feel personally involved.
      *Hugs* iolanda. Sometimes you just have to let things go, I know it is not easy, there is usually always set backs in situations like your student's. The healing process takes time and is rarely a straight path. You need to be sure to take some time for you to relax and heal with all the work you did to help make this child safe.

Have a Zelenka thunk!

Originally posted by Reefgirl
      I hope she gets the help she need Rosehawk
      She has help, she just refuses to take it and puts everyone else at risk. She almost died at work last August and just laughs it off.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        Spoiler:
        Ma milovana sestro! Svagre! Kmotrenko!

Dnes jsem dostala Vase pozvanky a obe si s velikou radosti precetla. Pri obou prilezitostech Vas rada navstivim ve Vasem novem dome v Eisenachu, a pokud to bude mozne, prinesu s sebou nejake banany (slysela jsem zvesti, ze tam kde ted zijete jsou vzacne).

Doufam, ze se mate vsichni dobre a tesim se na brzske shledani.

S pranim vseho nejlepsiho,

The translation was made assuming that you are a girl. Wow... They will be surprised
        Nice Too bad that a diacritics doesn´t work here

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

She has help, she just refuses to take it and puts everyone else at risk. She almost died at work last August and just laughs it off.
          Sounds like she needs to be made to listen

Comment

My sister was unable to translate my eMail *g*. She tried it word for word with an online dictionary and she said she feelt like back in school while trying to translate latin texts - and worse.
            All I can say: Mission succesfully completed (even without diacritics)! Thanks again!

~~~~~~

Stumbled about this comic a while ago: http://xkcd.com/383/

I guess it fits in a way to Rosehawks and to my situation. You just can offer help. You can't force them to take it, no matter if it is a 17 year old girl or a grown-up woman

I have about 180 pupils in 7 classes (some with both subjects). But sometimes I don't want to go to school, just to avoid the next bad message concerning that one girl.
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              Sounds like she needs to be made to listen
              Spoiler:
              Problem is you can't make anyone listen if they don't think they are doing anything wrong, disruptive, or if their medical condition prevents them from reasoning intelligently.
              I get frustrated because my company is doing everything to get her help though I don't understand why they don't put her in a less stressful job since she won't take medical leave yet when my daugher's dad had a stroke a few years ago, his boss had no problem firing him once he got back to work.
              She needs help and time to take care of herself and she won't do either and her family won't intervene and after the other day and August, they should be because she is not making good decisions for herself.

Originally posted by iolanda
              I guess it fits in a way to Rosehawks and to my situation. You just can offer help. You can't force them to take it, no matter if it is a 17 year old girl or a grown-up woman
              Spoiler:
              The biggest difference between a 17 year old and a mature woman in her later years is that the 17 year doesn't necessarily have the life experiences to help draw from to make good decisions or necessarily to feel safe with the advice she may be given in some of these very heavy life situations. She has to be very confused and angry right now.
              A grown adult has experiences to pull from and should be using them to make good decisions.
              It all gets down to making choices and being responsible for those choices made, whether good of bad. That's how one heals from deep pain.

Originally posted by iolanda
              I have about 180 pupils in 7 classes (some with both subjects). But sometimes I don't want to go to school, just to avoid the next bad message concerning that one girl.
              *Hugs* Just know that you have had an impact on this one girl. It may not show now, but if she is able to heal then it will show later.

David/Radek has a nice smile - enjoy

Last edited by Rosehawk; 08 March 2008, 12:05 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Problem is you can't make anyone listen if they don't think they are doing anything wrong, disruptive, or if their medical condition prevents them from reasoning intelligently.
                I get frustrated because my company is doing everything to get her help though I don't understand why they don't put her in a less stressful job since she won't take medical leave yet when my daugher's dad had a stroke a few years ago, his boss had no problem firing him once he got back to work.
                She needs help and time to take care of herself and she won't do either and her family won't intervene and after the other day and August, they should be because she is not making good decisions for herself.
                Surely that's illigal (the firing thing), it is in this country

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  Surely that's illigal (the firing thing), it is in this country
                  It is illegal here as well but there are legal ways around it. You can't fire someone while they are out on medical leave. However if you come back to work and can't do the job you had and they don't have another position for you, they can let you go which is what happens with small companies and hence why my daughter's dad was let go. My company is big enough that won't happen to her, however they can legally move her into another position.

sigpic

Comment

woah! niiiiice zelenka pic, I just love that blue shirt on him, sooo adorable in that pic! Ive missed zelenka recently #sigh# I might have to watch some old eps get some radek thunking going on!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                      woah! niiiiice zelenka pic, I just love that blue shirt on him, sooo adorable in that pic! Ive missed zelenka recently #sigh# I might have to watch some old eps get some radek thunking going on!
                      Have a few more blue shirt Zelenka's! He got a new blue shirt this year!

Spoiler:

Radek hasn't been in the last few episodes of S4. He was in The Last Man for all of 3 seconds.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey ellecat, here's a smilie that sillyscipia made for me! I think you will like it.

sigpic

Comment

Hey ellecat, here's a smilie that sillyscipia made for me! I think you will like it.

That's pretty cool I do like, thanks Rosehawk!

LOVE the pics, nice bum shot in there! and when he does that frowny face, too cute!

can't belv he's only in TLM for 3 seconds, I was looking forward to more radek, have to wait a while. good job I have seasons 1-3 on dvd and I taped s4(obsessed much?) actually I'm without s1 at the mo I leant it to my cousin trying to get her hooked on sga and I really feel wierd without it, how sad?!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                            LOVE the pics, nice bum shot in there! and when he does that frowny face, too cute!
                            Yeah, he does have a nice bum!
                            Hey wait a minute, you were suppose to be looking at the blue shirt!
                            David has one of the best frowny faces I've ever seen.

Originally posted by elliecat
                            can't belv he's only in TLM for 3 seconds, I was looking forward to more radek, have to wait a while. good job I have seasons 1-3 on dvd and I taped s4(obsessed much?) actually I'm without s1 at the mo I leant it to my cousin trying to get her hooked on sga and I really feel wierd without it, how sad?!
                            LOL, not sad, just being a fan!

Yeah, can't say much more without going into spoilers. Lets just say from an artistic standpoint, Radek's time in the scene worked with what was being said in the scene.
                            Guess we got spoiled with so much Zelenka in the first half of the season and then with Quarantine in the second half!
                            sigpic

Comment

Caps from The Last Man.
                              Spoiler:

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                                Caps from The Last Man.
                                Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                And that's all there was to Radek in The Last Man
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X