Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you
    I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
    traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Okay...as expected Chupacabra vs. The Alamo was cheesy and in this case really bad. David's role was really small which is something I also expected. They put David in clothes to big for him, especially the pants...probably to make him look more desk jockey-middle aged type person. Okay, we know David is in the middle age range, however he still has a slender shape, not the middle-age spread that hits so many in their 30ties and 40ties so for me that was a bummer - but I am also a female fan so I guess being bummed is to be expected!

Anyway...I could not sit through the whole movie - primarily because I don't care for all the blood and gore that TV seems to think is cool. There are a lot of bodies getting ripped apart and blood all over the place in this movie so be warned if you choose to see it.

It was fun seeing Erik Estrada and Julia Benson, and those two did great for what they had to work with.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Oh dear, that bad, huh? What a shame.
        But I kind of expected there to be a lot of gore, since a chupacabra is involved.. I don't really mind gore though. My sister is a massive horror movie fan, so I'm used to it! (Thanks for the warning though.)
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Yeah, it's that bad. I expected gore and was only going to tolerate it because David was in the movie...the blood ran like water instead of blood... it's the story-line however was just poorly written...I thought this was one of the worst of all the B-movies that Sy-Fy's done. I am actually glad that David didn't have a bigger role in it. David's got maybe two minutes in the movie...his role is that short....

And anyone who remembers Erik Estrada from CHips will get a kick out of the fact that he gets around by riding on a motorcycle!! I am sure that was intentional
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info about the cheese flick Rosehawk. Does anyone know what else David has in the works? It's a shame for someone as talented as David to not get more face time on either the big or small screen. But the chupacabra vs Radek has a nice ring to it. Maybe instead of a Pegasus rabbit/squirrel/chipmunk vs. Radek story idea,I should make it a whump fic. That definitely has some appeal. *warily eyes plot bunny looking to munch on my ankle* Yeah,that could work. Monday's over so how about some Czech shots to celebrate? Um that was a hint for you techno savvy folks. lol More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
            sigpic

Comment

David just did a movie in the Czech Republic. Launguage will be in Czech and probably not released in North America, though that's not confirmed...however one of David's Czech Fans will let us know if it comes out on DVD or some other legit method for us to watch!

Here's an interview David did that's in English for the movie. (Most of the interviews are in Czech)
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vDLINqWgcmU

And here's the IMDB link!
              http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2780312/
              sigpic

Comment

Cool. Thanks so much for the info and links Rosehawk!! How's your evening/afternoon/morning going? I'm dodging plot bunnies at the moment. lol Although the idea of a whump fic with Radek vs. a Pegasus chupacabra sounds interesting. And possibly a humor fic with Radek vs. a Pegasus plot bunny too. hehe More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                sigpic

Comment

My evening was suppose to be downstairs taping up the new drywall on my basement walls before repairing the cracks and I made the mistake of turning on 'The Voice' and now I'm watching 'Revolution' - aghhhhh...I guess I'm staying up late tonight!

Chupacabra vs Pegasus - now that could be entertaining!!!!! Give it lots and lots of great David Nykl!!!!!

Sounds like your evening is going quite well!
                  sigpic

Comment

I found David on page 2.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      I found David on page 2.
                      Huh? *confused*
                      traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                        Huh? *confused*
                        Page 2 of the SGA Characters and Relationships section...we are neglecting our lovable Zelenka!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                          I found David on page 2.
                          Huh? *confused*
                          Yes, that confuses me too..
                          (My only excuse is constantly trying to catch up on Carson's thread!! )
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                            Yes, that confuses me too..
                            (My only excuse is constantly trying to catch up on Carson's thread!! )
                            Oh that would be our fault wouldn't it. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Aang View Post
                              Oh that would be our fault wouldn't it. Sorry!
                              It would

sigpic

Comment

It would

This is super off topic but I jut noticed our sigs both have a tartan pattern background....

Comment

Working...
                                X