Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    It's 30 minutes into 2008 here
    I still have 6 hours and 20 minutes to go! You celebrating?!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Just finished. Hitting the sack

Comment

Just finished. Hitting the sack
        Sleep well!

sigpic

Comment

It´s 3:00 A.M here and I came from work. I found a work for New Year´s Eve in local hotel (I was in a bar). It´s well paid So I am celebrating a bit now but we had real celebration yesterday. My mum is at work tonight, so is my brother and his girlfriend, my best friends went to Italy...so it is just me and dad And Harry Potter DVD

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
            It´s 3:00 A.M here and I came from work. I found a work for New Year´s Eve in local hotel (I was in a bar). It´s well paid So I am celebrating a bit now but we had real celebration yesterday. My mum is at work tonight, so is my brother and his girlfriend, my best friends went to Italy...so it is just me and dad And Harry Potter DVD
            Hee, hee. I am actually thinking about putting a Harry Potter DVD in as well. Just finished reading all seven books - started at Thanksgiving.

Still waiting for the New Year to come in!

sigpic

Comment

Happy New Year, everybody!!! I hope 2008 is wonderful for you guys!

We even had a New Year's run-in with the cops tonight. We had parked on a road to watch fireworks from the local Air Force Base and a police car pulled up behind us, parked, turned on the lights and turned a spotlight on us! It turned out he just wanted to make sure we hadn't broken down or needed help, so everything was cool, but it scared us thinking we were gonna start the year off with a ticket.

Plus, awesome thing: we saw a falling star over the fireworks. Very cool.

Longer post later to get caught up after all the holiday chaos, but just wanted to wish you guys a great new year! *hugs fellow-Zelenka-lovers*

Seti

Comment

I ended up watching the Harbour Fireworks last night, pretty good they were too

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                  Plus, awesome thing: we saw a falling star over the fireworks. Very cool.
                  Nice!

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                  I ended up watching the Harbour Fireworks last night, pretty good they were too
                  I ended up watch some season 1 SGA episdoes instead of Harry Potter and turned the TV on in time to watch the ball drop in Time Square!
                  It's way to cold for fireworks here unless it is on TV!

Some piccies from Be All My Sins Remembered.
                  Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

It's way to cold for fireworks here unless it is on TV!
                    Reefgirl lives close to an ocean. There is no way she'll ever experience a proper winter

Comment

Reefgirl lives close to an ocean. There is no way she'll ever experience a proper winter
                      I'd trade her if I could!

Having a proper winter, with lots of snow seems fun but man it's alot of work and it is just plain cold!

At least we have clones to keep us warm and dry!

sigpic

Comment

I have a friend who is a physics teacher and she loves to go to movies and watch TV shows and see how much these shows alter the rules of physics to make creative stories for people to watch. You should have sat with her during LOTR's when they were in the cave before Gandolf fell. I had to keep telling her to shut up cause she was talking me through how the physics should have worked. It just wouldn't have had the same dramatic effect on the big screen.

I doubt TPTB are ignoring the aspects of physics, their primiary job is to tell a story on-screen that people will watch while trying to keep as close to the science as they can. Creativity and science don't always mesh perfectly together.
                        Let me have a wild guess: She said, that a human has no way of going more than 140 mph during a free fall (at this velocity, the accelerating force of gravity and the slowing force of air resistance are equal)

Comment

Let me have a wild guess: She said, that a human has no way of going more than 140 mph during a free fall (at this velocity, the accelerating force of gravity and the slowing force of air resistance are equal)
                          LOL. Yeah something like that. What got her the most was how Aragon and Frodo swayed the bridge to fall just perfectly onto the other half. The way the bridge landed and fell got her actually laughing during the movie, much to everyone around her displeasure. It may not have be right with the physics but it was a very creative and well done scene in the movie from an artistic viewpoint!
                          sigpic

Comment

Got another Radek-centered story for you here. Thanks for the beta, Rosehawk

Comment

Got another Radek-centered story for you here. Thanks for the beta, Rosehawk
                              No problem! Was very well written!

sigpic

Comment

Need some lovely Radek thunkin before heading off to sleepyland. Had the last week and a half off from work and now got to go back. *sigh*

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X