John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhymer View Post

Yes, I'm going to Bedford (gold ticket) and P4, both. I've never been to any con before, or met any of the actors, so am pretty nervous, but excited, too.

Awesome that you are doing both!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bandcat View Post
      you forgot me I'm going to Bedford !!!!!
      See I knew I was forgetting someone. Sorry.

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
      Can't wait to meet everyone. Maybe we can organize a whumper story brainstorming session? I can just picture the look on Jf's face if he accidentally walked into that!!!
      I think all the whumpers going to Bedford need to take a group picture with JF in the middle. You can have JM take the pic. That would be great!

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
      me too! I´m going too
      Another one I forgot. Sorry.
      sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
      &
      AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

S&R (12)
        CG (4)
        Conversion (3)
        38 Min (4)
        Travelers (1)
        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
        Sig and avi by me
        Spoiler:

Comment

**waves at whumpers** I have time to play today!!!

Congrats to all those heading to cons!! Lots of pics expected!!

I have a new whump idea for Shep. Let's give him a heel spur. They are painful!! I read someone's description of it as a toothache for your foot and boy are they right. I have the joy of experiencing it first hand. Of course he couldn't be bothered by it all the time. Let's just have it act up occasionally. It will cause heroic staggering believe me.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
            Home again! I had a great time away role-playing, but home is nice, too. However, after 8 days in which my internet access was occasional snatched moments on a ten inch screen, my big monitor seems scarily huge. Being mugged by cats as I write, who are torn between joy at my return, and fury at the fact that I smell of six strange Not!Us! cats.

My eyes have gone squiggly as a result of staying up far too late last night, a long drive home (or, rather, a long trip as a passenger, since I Don't Drive on the Mainland) and so I'm off to do something not involving computers. However:

I think I'll cast my vote for 38 Minutes, for old time's sake.

Yes, I'm going to Bedford (gold ticket) and P4, both. I've never been to any con before, or met any of the actors, so am pretty nervous, but excited, too.

Not watched the last two episodes yet, so I'm having to sneak around carefully and avoid spoilers.

Off to lavish attention on two neglected animals...
            Oh, wonderful! You're coming to both too! SQUEEE!
            Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
            I'm glad they decided not to break till Jan. Now maybe the S5 box set will come out earlier, hopefully March *fingers crossed*

I'm in the same boat, the timing stinks. I don't think I can get off from work in April so I have my fingers crossed Joe will be at the Chicago con, I can swing that one in Aug.
            I'm so sorry the timing sucks for some whumpers It's not fair!
            Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
            Awesome that you are doing both!!!
            Indeed! I'm glad you're doing both too, SheppyD!
            Originally posted by sherryw View Post

I think all the whumpers going to Bedford need to take a group picture with JF in the middle. You can have JM take the pic. That would be great!

Another one I forgot. Sorry.
            That'd be great! We could all get one done, and then make copies! Poor Joe!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

I have a new whump idea for Shep. Let's give him a heel spur. They are painful!! I read someone's description of it as a toothache for your foot and boy are they right. I have the joy of experiencing it first hand. Of course he couldn't be bothered by it all the time. Let's just have it act up occasionally. It will cause heroic staggering believe me.
              Oooh, how interesting. I've never thought of that sort of whump!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                S&R (12)
                CG (4)
                Conversion (3)
                38 Min (4)
                Travelers (1)
                S&R seems to be winning!

Why? Come on whumpers, explain why it's your favourite whump eppie! And if it's not, explain why too!

I'm going to start: S&R;
                Spoiler:
                I am choosing S&R just above 38 Mins because there were two infirmary scenes and the impaling was so well done. Shep was in pain and yet he wanted Ronon to leave him. Then he was poorly and in pain and he wanted to save Teyla! Then he bled, and was in pain and he even sort of sighed and shivered in the PJ before the Teyla rescue mission. Then, at the end, he looked heavy eyed and all whumped and he still had surgery to endure and THEN he'd be off his feet for a week or so! Sigh... 38 Mins will always have a special place in my heart. It's adorable and Shep is so vulnerable etc.. But, I do think S&R just overtakes it now!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                  Oh, wonderful! You're coming to both too! SQUEEE!
                  Ditto!!

I'm so sorry the timing sucks for some whumpers It's not fair!
                  Its pants isn't it, RL is a PITA sometimes isn't it, here's hoping the whumpers who can't go get another chance.

Indeed! I'm glad you're doing both too, SheppyD!
                  YAY!!!!! me too!!

That'd be great! We could all get one done, and then make copies! Poor Joe!
                  indeed

*waves back*

Ouch sounds painful, that could be good especially if it bothers him at a crucial point, you know runnign for his life through a heavily wooded area, lots of things to stumble over and being in pain at the same time.....

Comment

Sorry you're feeling under the weather Josie & Peggy. I hope you get better soon.

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                    Definitely not going to click!

SFX mag are having their 'vote for your fave' thingie again. Go vote for our guy! You have to complete every category though before you can submit your vote!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....07&postcount=1

voted

Ow! That sounds nasty. I twisted my right knee a couple of weeks ago and it is currently going from being semi-okay to stiff to stiff and painful.

BTW, from the lucky con goers (I really am happy for you ), video of Joe would be preferable, but I am expecting copious notes and transcripts of every word and gesture. please

S&R seems to be winning!

Why? Come on whumpers, explain why it's your favourite whump eppie! And if it's not, explain why too!

Spoiler:
                    I am choosing S&R just above 38 Mins because there were two infirmary scenes and the impaling was so well done. Shep was in pain and yet he wanted Ronon to leave him. Then he was poorly and in pain and he wanted to save Teyla! Then he bled, and was in pain and he even sort of sighed and shivered in the PJ before the Teyla rescue mission. Then, at the end, he looked heavy eyed and all whumped and he still had surgery to endure and THEN he'd be off his feet for a week or so! Sigh... 38 Mins will always have a special place in my heart. It's adorable and Shep is so vulnerable etc.. But, I do think S&R just overtakes it now!
                    I chose S&R for everything you said, but particularly
                    Spoiler:
                    the little sigh on the PJ when Shep, Rodney and Ronon are going to the Wraith ship. I melted into a big puddle of goo when he did that.

Comment

S&R seems to be winning!

Spoiler:
                      I love CG because....
                      Spoiler:
                      I loved Common Ground, because it was Shep against Kolya and Kolya winning. I loved the fact that Sheppy was caught off guard with the wraith and the look he gave Kolya after he was fed on. It was a "I can't believe you actually went through with it" kind of look. Not too mention you could see Shep's fear as the wraith was led into the room. We haven't experienced that fear from Shep at all. I especially loved the tied up Shep along with him being gagged. As it has been mentioned a bunch of times here, the facial expressions alone made the show for me. You didn't need any words to see that Shep was afraid, in pain, ticked off at Kolya or the understanding of what Elizabeth had to do, even though it meant his death.

The fact that Shep was able to get the wraith to help him escape was great to. The old saying comes in, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and they used that perfectly in this epi.

Though I have to agree with everything you said Linzi S&R was an awesome epi as well. It's so hard to decide what the best is.
                      sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                      &
                      AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Today I made this little contribution to save our beloved show.
                        I'll never be ready to let it go.....

LET'S SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. i'll intend to post it at JM's blog...

Comment

S&R seems to be winning!

Spoiler:
                          Explain...hmmm... ok

I picked Conversion because I love the phyiscal changes that Shep had to deal with.
                          Spoiler:
                          They didn't make too much of it onscreen, but I can just imagine the discomfort he felt as his skin changed and his hands morphed into claws. I can only wonder how his vision was affected by his new eye. What internal changes were happening? It had to be painful at times but Shep just dealt with it.

The emotional whump was awesome. He had to look in the mirror and see himself become some "thing" else. The stress had to be tremendous. Every time someone looked at him, his appearance was reflected in their eyes. He had to be scared. He didn't know how far the changes would go, but probably had a good idea since he had seen Ellia.

Besides the worry for himself and what would happen to him, he had to be concerned about the people around him. He knew he couldn't control his actions and didn't want to hurt those around him. Ordering Elizabeth out and doubling the guard was his way of warning them.

Choosing death over life as a "monster" was the ultimate whump. He was facing the end of John Sheppard and didn't want to be that way or have others deal with him that way. He was willing to stop the changes by dying.

Seeing his friends worry over him was icing on the cake. I do wish we had seen more interaction with the team during his changes. I did like Elizabeth going to see him but I know his team wouldn't have left him alone to deal with things.

His team's willingness to go into that cave and get the eggs was wonderful. They were willing to face those bugs to save him. They weren't willing to let him go.

I do wonder sometimes just how long they would have waited after Carson had said he was no longer human. What would they have done? I'm glad we didn't find out, but the mind does wonder.

Now if you meant why is S & R winning and why some people didn't pick it (or did as the case may be) well then
                          Spoiler:
                          I didn't pick it because we were supposed to pick only one.

I loved this ep almost as much. I loved him being trapped and hurt and helpless. I adored Ronon not wanting to leave him and not letting him give up. Shep determination to not give up on Teyla was amazing. His dealing with his injuries while trying to rescue her was just heartbreaking. Ronon snapping at him when he couldn't place the C4 was just "guh"

My reason for not picking it probably has to do with little things that did bug me. His injury requiring surgery but yet he did go on the rescue mission. It did seem a bit OTT. They shouldn't have mentioned surgery and I would have been fine. His impalement might have just gone through his side and not done horrible damage. Maybe some extra stitching on the inside was all that was needed. It just seemed that they wanted to make him injured and heroic but not realistic. Probably a silly reason to not pick it as my Favorite.
                          sigpic

Comment

My pleasure.

Don't be nervous, everyone is so nice. You are going to have a lot of fun.
                            With all those whumpers going, I expect fun

So many are going!!!!!! The list seems endless already Can't wait to meet all of you!

Originally posted by bandcat View Post
                            you forgot me I'm going to Bedford !!!!!
                            Ah, more!!!

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                            I didn't have one and I'd been toying with the idea of one for a while and getting p'd off with not having any decent software etc so in the end I knocked this together in five minutes.

I'm just feeling poorly and lonely today. I really should find something to actually do.
                            Sorry to hear that Josie *huggles*

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                            Can't wait to meet everyone. Maybe we can organize a whumper story brainstorming session? I can just picture the look on Jf's face if he accidentally walked into that!!!
                            Oh my, that would be something

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                            You´re not the only one
                            hehe

Well done, girl!
                            Thank you

Luckily, where I watched it, it was cut before anything was revealed.
                            Spoiler:
                            well, the fact that I already saw a certain pic notwithstanding
                            I peeked It's probably because you label your spoilers so well I knew I could look

If only we could get him to do that and not run away from the big whumper group as it approaches
                            Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                            Save Our Seeker!
                            LotS on LJ.

Comment

hey!
                              i'm here to show off my new signature pic made by Luciana! i was jealous of all your and now i have one
                              S&R seems to be winning!
                              i picked travellers (which i still think is the only vote for it lol!

Spoiler:
                              i picked it coz i have a thing about my favourite guys being whumped by girls seems easier to fit myself into the fantasy
                              i also love that he gets shot by her after they kiss, and the bit with him in the hanger bay when the shield is on and the hanger bay doors open, psychological whumping lol, and he's holding his hands out like he's trying to balance (like it would help) i think mostly i like it cz the girls hot and i thnk that in my head at least its almost like because she's hot he doesn't mind being whumped so much
                              but to be honest i've just watched all of them on the list and i'm finding that at the end of each episode thats my new favourite lol

also if i can get the money together i'm dying to go to the bedford convention (and its my bday soon so hopefully i'll be able to with some bday cash) it would be my first convention and i'd love to meet all the whumpers! it'd be nice to hang out with people who appreciate the show and dont laugh at me and tell me i'm sad, and appreciate all the little things we talk about on here
                              Last edited by pip2; 28 September 2008, 12:13 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Weeee! I'm loving to read all the good whumpy reason for your choices. All I can manage to say is: Ditto!

S&R:
                                Spoiler:
                                I love Shep trapped under the rubber with Ronon looking after him and not giving up on him, while Shep tells him to go. Then that wonderful moment when they are whiling to fight it to the end and Shep says to shoot until they can't shoot anymore and that it's been a pleasure. I always melt in that part. Then the wonderful infirmary scene in the Daedalus, with the angst and the wonderful acting of JF saying he couldn't lose another teammate again, with him being in obvious pain barely able to get out of bed, but still insisting that he would go. Love that part in the PJ. Just my fave part of the ep, and major tummy flip every time I watch it. Just perfect whumpy heaven. Rodney's comment and Shep to his side hurting and then the look he gives Rodney that makes him back away right away. Then there is him putting his hand under his vest and coming out bloody. His breathing and his face is sweaty, squeeeee. Then the C4 part and that manly grunt of pain wanting to do it, then Ronon comes and takes the C4 from him and tells him he doesn't have to do everything (control freak Shep is when it comes to protecting his team *warm fuzzies*). Then we have him heroic staggering trying to find a way out of the cruiser. Pain, sweating, bleeding and tired (there wasn't much time that passed in between him arriving from 48.000 years and going to the rescue, even in the ice for 800 years he must still be suffering from the sand storm exposure, the heat, and lack of food *squees again*). Than we have baby in the dart *melts* and another infirmary scene and a nice comfort bit and then Teyla naming the baby after him. Love his expression then and the tone of his voice .

*runs off to watch S&R again*
                                My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                                Sig and avi by me
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X