Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ot

Spoiler:
    So i am a poor Met fan but I am at least going to tomorrows game which is a make or break for the playoff's. If they win they are guaranteed a least a 1 playoff with the Brewers. If they lose and the brewers win thats it. Also the last game at Shea. Should be crazy.

I want to know why all the good cons are during the time I can't go. Feb (sob) is my busiest time and April (van) is the end of the tax filing system so I can't go. GRRR. WE need him to go to Chicago or do some others in the summer.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tristen View Post
      Ah, okay, cool! The name Ardunnia doesn't ring a bell... Where's she travelling from? Have you guys booked a hotel/B&B yet?

I'm taking along a friend of mine who's also a Stargate fan, though I don't know if she's a whumper. Haven't dared convess to her yet that I'm a Shep whumper as I have no idea how she feels about that sort of thing We'll probably be flying to Luton from Schiphol. Unless Rotterdam's cheaper
      Exactly I just left a message on your profile to not go too off topic

Hi Marya! Woohooo, another Dutchie in the Whump thread! Welcome, and I think it's awesome you're going to Bedford too! Us Dutchies will be well-represented
      Who knew there would be so many Dutch whumpers out there

Hm...my favourite eps? Search&Rescue is the absolute number 1 for me, then comes Common Ground and after that it's a threeway tie between 38 Minutes, Midway and The Shrine. I know the latter doesn't contain any Shep whump, but I'm a sucker for the John and Rodney friendship and that ep just about pushed all my fangirl buttons
      Oh same here And I call The Shrine emo whumpy

Originally posted by charlie24 View Post
      I think the acronym WWW just took on a much more interesting meaning.
      Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
      Save Our Seeker!
      LotS on LJ.

Comment

My thoughts on First Contact
        Spoiler:
        Another thoroughly enjoyable ep!

Of course, i'm in seventh heaven cos my two favourite geeks are together.

And John is seriously shining too. I loved his face when Rodney teased him about the MENSA thing and Daniel giggled. But he's certainly showing his brains off now. He figured out what was going on at the same time as Rodney, and it was his idea to reduce the shield to contain the gate.

But Woolsey isn't do so well - he definately seems out of his depth and isn't handling stuff as well as previous episodes - guess he's having an off day.

I like the bad guys, they're kinda cool, some great gadgets. Though their helmets do remind my somewhat of Boba Fett....

Great lines again
        "Try not to blow her up while i'm gone"
        "No promises"
        well it's a good job he didn't!

"Just resting my eyes..... who said that?!"

"Who says we went to heaven?"
        "Hmmmm"

My only problem was, ths TBC came too quickly!! And now we have to wait even longer for the next ep!! And the tower exploded!! And the ship's taken over!! And Rodney and Daniel are zapped!! And ARGH - what happens next?!?!

The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

First off, the Bedford con - boyfy was really great and told me "if it's that Joe bloke, then you better go!" - so i booked a Gold ticket. Didn't tell him about it being a Gold ticket though....

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
          Not sure what you've read, but here are a few if my favorite stories.

Hound of Hell You Cry - Complete
          Evander's Heir - Complete
          Devil you know - Complete
          Exhuming McCarthy - Complete
          The Grass in Always Greener n the Other Side - this is a WIP

I have so many favorites, but you can also go to the whumpaholic anonymous community it contains a load of Sheppy whump stories.Whumpaholics Anonymous Community
          Oooo, more to add to the list! I've read Hound of Hell and it is a corker.

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
          After much dithering and going back and forth, I think S&R for me. So, the count is

S&R (10)
          CG (4)
          Conversion (3)
          Travelers (1)

Ok, i'm going to go against the grain and say 38 minutes.
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

mm still pondering over this whump ep poll can't quite decide

OTish Have booked for Bedford just hope I can meet as many of you as possible that are going
            sigpic
            Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
              First off, the Bedford con - boyfy was really great and told me "if it's that Joe bloke, then you better go!" - so i booked a Gold ticket. Didn't tell him about it being a Gold ticket though....

Ok, i'm going to go against the grain and say 38 minutes.
              Originally posted by bandcat View Post
              mm still pondering over this whump ep poll can't quite decide

OTish Have booked for Bedford just hope I can meet as many of you as possible that are going
              That is awesome news about Bedford! Squeeeeeeee!!!!

How many whumpers have gold tickets now!!!! Hope he doesnt find out or he may decide to cancel! eek!!!!!

I am going to join you and say 38 Minutes too. I just have great fondness for that ep!!

Comment

Hey everybody,

i just watch FIRST CONTACT yesterday, as you know is not broadcasted in Mexico City so I have, and I emphasize, the "have to" use the internet....

I like it yes, i never though the whumping pics
                Spoiler:
                were from the second part...so it is ok.
                I loved sheppard's eyes when he says > "Please Teyla"....(oh they kill me)
                then they made a big, big explosion of the tower and i mean such a big explosion that i would think nobody would get out of there without a serious injury, so i'll go with the theory some of you post it before about Zelenka redirecting or controling the pad of the explosion so he and sheppard did not take the full blast, and is the only way i can explain we only have to enjoy the 30 seconds of whumping...with those minor injurys for flying glasses....

I liked it the
                Spoiler:
                book scene, it was so adorable...!!

So my idea of what it should had been in my whumping world is:

Spoiler:
                Teyla finds sheppard unconscious and when the medical team gets there they immobileze him, put him a oxigen mask on his mouth and nose asnd take him to the infirmary where he spends a long and painfully recovery.....

Comment

Morning!!!

How's Sunday for the whumpers??

Whumpt eps updated list:

S&R (11)
                  CG (4)
                  Conversion (3)
                  38 Min (2)
                  Travelers (1)
                  My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                  Sig and avi by me
                  Spoiler:

Comment

OH...and.. as for my favorite Shep Whump episode....

38 minutes...i think any other episode can exceed thosse whump levels...we practicaly lost him at least for 6 to 10 minutes untill Becket revive him!!!!!!

then S&R was the best for me....although it also is equalie the worst way to ruin a whump

after taht I would put in the same place to Conversion, DG, Tabula Rasa, and Epiphany.

Comment

I feel another viewing of 38 Mins is coming! Argh!!!

Can't. Resist. The. Pull. DVD. Calling. Me.

S&R (11)
                      CG (4)
                      Conversion (3)
                      38 Min (3)
                      Travelers (1)
                      Sig and avi by me
                      Spoiler:

Comment

*iz so jealous of the whumpers over the pond* I truly hope you all have a great time at the con. How many of you are meeting JF for the first time?

Still waiting for my chance.

How about some pics to brighten everyones day?

Under spoilers for dial up - No spoilers OK for everyone to click
                        Spoiler:

Not whumpy, but they are soo nice to look at.

sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                        &
                        AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Ok sherryw, you've done it! Now I want to pop in TDO as well!
                          Sig and avi by me
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Hi all and welcome to the newbies!

Just watched First Contact. Well, that was really rather good wasn't it? Fab...can't wait for the next part. I want to know
                            Spoiler:
                            who these new aliens are.
                            Will not click on spoilers....will not....!!

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                              *iz so jealous of the whumpers over the pond* I truly hope you all have a great time at the con. How many of you are meeting JF for the first time?

Still waiting for my chance.
                              Stupid big pond

It will be my first time *iz scared and nervous*

How about some pics to brighten everyones day?

Under spoilers for dial up - No spoilers OK for everyone to click
                              Very nice sherry!

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                              Hi all and welcome to the newbies!

Just watched First Contact. Well, that was really rather good wasn't it? Fab...can't wait for the next part. I want to know
                              Spoiler:
                              who these new aliens are.
                              Will not click on spoilers....will not....!!

Me too

And I will not click on spoilers for this one either!! Really... Not.. Someone just tried to lure me into one by hanging a spoiler in front of my face. I didn't grab it *is proud*
                              Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                              Save Our Seeker!
                              LotS on LJ.

Comment

I'm hiding from the spoilers like the plague. When the promo popped in after the episode I was the stupid one with fingers in my ears, eyes shut closed, singing lalalala. I had never done that before.
                                Sig and avi by me
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X