John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
    YIPPEE!!! Finally, after changing a few settings, i could finally log onto my computer! And after changing some more settings, i could use the damn thing. And after changing yet more settings, i can finally access the internet!!!
    The IT guy now knows me by my voice alone, i just call and say "Guess who!" and there's this odd groan.....
    Congrats on the computer!!!

Well, I went and voted in the poll - it's up to 81% now.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post

I just voted, and it's up to 83%
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
        Loyal fans who are too Old to watch have to be Loud to hear themselves

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I wonder what MGM will do about it....
          My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
          Sig and avi by me
          Spoiler:

Comment

Many greetings whumpers! *waves madly*

Ruffles - (((HUGS!))) Glad to see you back home and doing well. Hope the recovery is going well?

Hee, I wonder if MGM are seeing a theme here?

Honestly, I do wonder what they are thinking. It's on their site, so surely they view it, or at least someone mentions it? They've made a huge financial commitment - I wonder if they are getting nervous with feedback like this, or if they just figure we'll get over it once the newness wears off? (Which admittedly, may well happen). I know I'd be having kittens, in their shoes.
            sigpic
            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
              Great piccies GG. Thanks for sharing.

Well this confirms what we the fans already knew. Result of a PCA buzz poll #9992 which ended today.

Spoiler:
              Which character on Stargate Atlantis is your favorite?

Lt. Col. John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) 47%
              Dr. Rodney McKay (David Hewlett) 36%
              Ronon Dex (Jason Momoa) 17%

Another poll result was
              Which next Stargate project are you looking forward to the most?

Stargate Atlantis' first movie. 60%
              Stargate SG-1's third made-for-dvd movie. 22%
              The new 2009 TV series, Stargate Universe. 18%

It seems SGA rules as shown in this other result.

What is your favorite Stargate?

Stargate Atlantis 54%
              Stargate SG-1 Classic (seasons one through 8) 33%
              Stargate: The Original Movie (Kurt Russell, James Spader) 13%
              Thanks for posting the results!

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
              Found this on the Gemini Awards site:

The purpose of creating a national television showcase is to assist the industry as a whole in building television audiences and public awareness, as well as an appreciation of Canadian production and talent.

Hope this sort of clears thing up with why JF and JM can not be nominated, But surely DH, RL and TH could have or sould have been nominated.
              I checked out the regs and idn't see anything that restricted the noms to Canadians only. Maybe I missed it. I think is anything made (shown?) in Canada is eligible, along with the actors.

Originally posted by prion View Post
              New Joe interview!!

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/906/906951p1.html

Alas, no talk of whump
              Oh, thank you! I love the nice intro for him!

Just read through Joe M's blog today. I know the man is sarcastic, but this is poking the sleeping bear with a pretty big stick.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...se-of-the-day/
              I think he's finally gone around the twist. It must be hard to be vilified and berated on an almost daily basis. It was funny, though.

Someone mentioned that JS was given this episode - Missing
              Spoiler:
              and her performance won the nomination. I think that is one of the problems I have. She was a recurring character at the time. She got this whole ep, as a recurring actor, with all kinds of stuff going on when the regulars barely get one or two a year in which to show their chops. Then, she's the one to get the nomination for lead actress. I like JS, and Keller, but this was just a little too much.

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
              I'm doing good, hon. Thanks for asking. Pain is minimal, and I've got good drugs if I need them. I start working from home for a couple of hours a day starting tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm lounging on the couch, watching TV and reading. I finished Mirror Mirror today. I really liked it. I think it's the best SGA novel I've read.
              Glad you're doing so well!

I wish someone would interview Joe about the cancellation but I guess he is busy. If you've read DH's interview it seems Joe will be one of the last to finish filming.

Quote from DH's interview.
              Spoiler:
              GW: Are you going to go down to Vegas with those guys?

DH: I don't think that I go down to Vegas, no. I do a lot of talking and it's all inside. So my hunch is I'm probably not going to go to Vegas. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's just Joe.

Now, on the plus side, by not going to Vegas it means that I'm wrapping almost three weeks earlier than Joe is. I think I'll call him on a daily basis and tell him how much fun I'm having.
              I had a feeling that was the case.
              Spoiler:
              They're going to wrap everything in Vancouver so that it can be shut down and just take a unit to Vegas to finish off the externals.

I can't see the poll, but will try when I'm at home.

It's almost one, and I need to be up all too soon. Goodnight everyone!

Comment

Here's another result for a buzz poll that ended today.

Who would you like to see make the cross - over to Stargate Universe?

Col. Sheppard 48%
                Dr. Mckay 30%
                Daniel Jackson 22%

Despite what TPTB think our Shep is the one they want to see.

And another SGA related result.

Which factor contributed most to the decision to cancel Stargate Atlantis?

Other general stupidity by the powers the be 64%
                Stargate Universe 24%
                Cast changes 12%

Well we all know that!

And that MGM poll is now standing at 84%.
                sigpic

Comment

Col. Sheppard 48%
                  Dr. Mckay 30%
                  Daniel Jackson 22%

Stargate Universe 24%
                  Cast changes 12%

Well we all know that!

Thanks for posting these but remember the ptb do exactly the opposite to what fans want. If you don't like a character they make her star of the show and nominate her under the guise of leading female actress, when in fact she was only a supporting character. If you tell them you love the show they cancell it..... anyone who does well in a poll will probably get the least amount of screentime in the movies..... Methinks TPTB have seriously lost the plot.... and after popping into the blog of doom...I am most certain they have...
                  sigpic

Comment

Col. Sheppard 48%
                    Dr. Mckay 30%
                    Daniel Jackson 22%

Stargate Universe 24%
                    Cast changes 12%

Well we all know that!

Hopefully MGM and TPTB take some notice of the loud, disgruntled fans. (And I'm wishing the lemons on my tree would hurry up and ripen so I can ship them to certain people).
                    sigpic

Comment

Hopefully MGM and TPTB take some notice of the loud, disgruntled fans. (And I'm wishing the lemons on my tree would hurry up and ripen so I can ship them to certain people).
                      You can always send them unripe ones to show how very sour you feel. Obviously, I couldn't send real lemons in the post from Germany but I did put quite a few cut out paper ones with my letters of complaint to Mr Cohen and Mr. Stern. I'm hoping when the letters are opened that they go everywhere because they all say - Save Atlantis on them.

That MGM poll now stands at 85%!
                      Last edited by Astraldust; 03 September 2008, 08:01 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                        Thanks for posting these but remember the ptb do exactly the opposite to what fans want. If you don't like a character they make her star of the show and nominate her under the guise of leading female actress, when in fact she was only a supporting character. If you tell them you love the show they cancell it..... anyone who does well in a poll will probably get the least amount of screentime in the movies..... Methinks TPTB have seriously lost the plot.... and after popping into the blog of doom...I am most certain they have...
                        **pops in between classes**

OH, I wish this didn't seem so true!

**pops back out to get room ready for next group**
                        sigpic

Comment

Hee! I was just looking at some scrawled story notes I wrote yesterday, trying to decipher my own handwriting, and, apparently, "M. gets better quiche than S. Much angst about this." Sheppard is also, apparently, in an infirmary bed with "tubers." Could be an interesting story...

Comment

*giggles* 85% Well I know it can't be me continually refreshing with my old age arthritis, I just couldn't possibly whump myself like that... I like to save that for Sheppy.

Comment

Forgot to say that Andreas says he'll be posting some episodic photography from Remnants today! Woo hoo! Is it wrong that I'm excited about that?

Oh man I'm so excited! But I have to go to work soon and I'll know some will be posted ..guess I'll have something to look forward to.
                              My fanfic-
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

Knitting club??? Well, I do belong to a 'stitch and b***h club,' in my dept at school - not much of the former, but a lot of the latter!
                                sounds fun

It would be, wouldn't it? Damn you MGM and SciFi! If I keep saying that over and over again, I keep hoping I'll 'release my burden' by saying it, but so far it hasn't worked!

They SUCK!!

Double the pleasure? Oh dear... my mind went to all sorts of places then...mainly the gutter! Saying that, I watched BT whilst eating my Leonidas choccies hubby bought me for our anniversary! I'm not sure which I enjoyed more.. the choccies or Sheppy... ok, so it was Sheppy!
                                oooo tough choice..... choccie or Sheppy.....Choccie or Sheppy.... Choccie or Sheppy......SHEPPY

Well, I don't think I've converted hubby... I keep wanting to get my hands on The Ark of Truth then I can spread the word of the Sheppy whumping! I can brainwash everyone with the one truth of the universe.... Sheppy whump rules, and resistence is futile.... hmmm, I'm mixing shows a bit here, aren't I?

Oh, even better... I can use the Ark to show the MGM and SciFi execs the error of their cancelling ways...
                                I am totally confused but thats probably because I haven't seen the any of the SG1 movies...I still haven't seen season 9 and ten of SG-1, my bro keeps forgetting to bring me the discs. Must remind him

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                                Well there is always Kodiak's - And the sky was dark - which I am reading AGAIN because you mentioned blind whump fic.

I used to have a link for another good one - but I cant find it at the moment grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                                ooooo good choice!!!! I am gonna read that and I still have Rhymers new fic to read because I didn't get to read it lastnight

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                New Joe interview!!

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/906/906951p1.html

Alas, no talk of whump
                                awww thanks for the link

I did laugh! But, I don't think he helps matters.

Oh, dear! Methinks JM has taken the criticism a little to heart. Still, it says a lot that the reaction has been so big about the nomination and it says a lot that JM constantly answers criticism on the subject. Fandom is funny, fans are funny - but you know what? Sometimes fans just don't particularly like characters. They don't connect with them, or just don't enjoy them. Who knows why that is? But I know one thing. If fans aren't enjoying a character, trying to ram him/her down your throat and making him/her front and centre just makes the situation worse, especially when you say things such as 'Well, if you'd complained more about this character, and less about that character, then we'd have done the same for him/her'. Tongue in cheek or not, it's just not good PR, and a lot of folks will take offense at such things.

It's more sensible to have said character in the background and gradually bring them further to the forefront after really thinking hard how best to integrate said character. Do I think TPTB have done that? Nope. I think they've gone for what they see as the easiest way to progress things, and it just hasn't gone down well with large sections of the fandom. Such is life.

Glad you're feeling better. These things take time, and it's good you're not pushing yourself too much. We don't want you to end up like poor Sheppy has done... pushing yourself too hard when you should be in the infirmary, relaxing. Mind you, I don't suppose you had any rescue missions in mind, did you?

You enjoyed Mirror, Mirror? I must get back into it! For me, I don't think anything will steal Reliquary's crown. I just read the book, totally riveted, from cover to cover. Ok, I loved the whump. But I found the story engaging too, and I like Martha's writing style too.
                                I couldn't help but laugh at JMs blog, I think he took it a bit personally too, I am not a fan of Keller and I am never going to be as much as I have tried to. Like many others it just doesn't gel for me. I think they should just give it up already

oh its gonna take a lot to top the whump in Reliquary I love that story, Mirror Mirror doesn't even come close to it Still worth finishing though.
                                Last edited by Listy; 03 September 2008, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X