No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great pics from all those trying to get this back on topic and prion thanks for the link to the JF interview
    sigpic
    Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      New Joe interview!!

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/906/906951p1.html

Alas, no talk of whump
      That was a lovely little interview! Thanks for the link. I missed it earlier
      Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
      ITA
      Spoiler:
      The SGA writers failed miserably with all the female characters IMO....Weir, Teyla, Keller and Carter. It's amazing that Carter was able to get decent writing on SG1. And the writers did a terrible job even with the female guests. Maybe they needed a few female writers. I guess we'll never know

Spoiler:
      What would be even more shocking is if she wins. I don't know who she is up against. I loved JS in FF but she hasn't impressed me at all in SGA . I barely made it through Missing, thought RL gave a much better performance showing Teyla's dark side compared to Keller whining. I only watched the first 10 mins of Trio as I feel asleep.

As for the cancellation, I'm waiting impatiently for someone to interview JF about it. Would love to know what his thoughts are. We've already heard from both Davids, Rachel and Paul.

Amen to that!

I embrace your sarcasm. I still can't figure out what age group they want to target....5 yr olds?
      I have no idea. I'm guessing it's this elusive 18-34 male demographic? I suppose that counts all of us out then!
      Originally posted by lcshepp View Post
      I don't mean to open a can of worms here but I wonder how eager Brad Wright would have been to cancel SGA if Amanda Tapping hadn't left to do 'Sanctuary'. It is a known fact that she is the SG1 "sweetheart", loved and respected by everyone. And rightly so. It's nothing against her. I've met her and she is everything said and written about her. Beautiful, strong, smart, kind, tough. But I just can't help but think that BW would have maybe stuck with SGA alittle longer, maybe, if she had stayed.

Any opinions?
      I'm not sure. My feeling is that the cancellation is a business decision and MGM just want to further the success of the franchise. Unfortunately for us, that meant they cancelled SGA and greenlit SGU, after negotiations with SciFi.
      Originally posted by Suzieb View Post
      Haven't posted here much but...

Spoiler:
      JF in a western?? Man, I would love to see that!
      HELLO! Me too. The whump potential would be fantastic! No stunnings in westerns!

Forgot to say that Andreas says he'll be posting some episodic photography from Remnants today! Woo hoo! Is it wrong that I'm excited about that?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eohippa View Post
        Thanks for the info. Mh, sure RTL2 have paid for SGA? So long they need to show season 4 on TV ... I better shut up ... But I am wondering that SciFi Germany gets the show, isn't it PayTV? Season 1 to 3 were shown on freeTV an with TELE5 MGM has got it's own.

Yes, the DVD-boxes from s1 to s3 I have, too. Season 4 and now the fifth are sending by a friend. Don't like to watch the show on TV because of the breaks but I like the German voice of Flanigan. And I hope for a 4th season box with german language *pray*.

@ Linzi:
        Until now RTL2 has always shown SG-1 and SGA and both shows have present von their HP. But aired the 4th season? Nope, RTL2 will start this month a "Superhero-Wednesday" includes Heroes Season 2, Smalville (don't know which season it will be) and Flash Gordon. All they answered by mail is: it's not their plan to show Atlantis in 2008 anymore - thanks *nrgh*.

@ Pilgrim Soul, Lorr and Gate Geek:
        Nice pictures - very inspiried for me these days ... (think I read to much whump, there's an idea when I watch these pictures)

And once more @ Astraldust:

Exclude Ronon and include Woolsey (after watching him in his new position) that's mine. Thanks for the list!
        Scifi Germany is pay-tv, Eohippa. You need cable TV or a sat system to receive it. I have Kabel Deutschland. I believe RTL2 won't be showing S4 until next year at the earliest. Because of that my hubby has agreed to watch my DVD box set imported from the States. (We watch an episode every Wednesday evening). His English isn't bad but he generally prefers to watch things in German. Actually JF dubbed voice is the only one I can listen to without cringing. The voice for McKay is awful - IMHO.

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
        Just read through Joe M's blog today. I know the man is sarcastic, but this is poking the sleeping bear with a pretty big stick.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...se-of-the-day/
        I think he derives much pleasure in getting the fans worked up.

Prion thanks for the link to JF's interview. And congrats on 13400 posts!

I wish someone would interview Joe about the cancellation but I guess he is busy. If you've read DH's interview it seems Joe will be one of the last to finish filming.

Quote from DH's interview.
        Spoiler:
        GW: Are you going to go down to Vegas with those guys?

DH: I don't think that I go down to Vegas, no. I do a lot of talking and it's all inside. So my hunch is I'm probably not going to go to Vegas. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's just Joe.

Now, on the plus side, by not going to Vegas it means that I'm wrapping almost three weeks earlier than Joe is. I think I'll call him on a daily basis and tell him how much fun I'm having.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
          Scifi Germany is pay-tv, Eohippa. You need cable TV or a sat system to receive it. I have Kabel Deutschland. I believe RTL2 won't be showing S4 until next year at the earliest. Because of that my hubby has agreed to watch my DVD box set imported from the States. (We watch an episode every Wednesday evening). His English isn't bad but he generally prefers to watch things in German. Actually JF dubbed voice is the only one I can listen to without cringing. The voice for McKay is awful - IMHO.

I wish someone would interview Joe about the cancellation but I guess he is busy. If you've read DH's interview it seems Joe will be one of the last to finish filming.

Quote from DH's interview.
          Spoiler:
          GW: Are you going to go down to Vegas with those guys?

DH: I don't think that I go down to Vegas, no. I do a lot of talking and it's all inside. So my hunch is I'm probably not going to go to Vegas. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's just Joe.

Now, on the plus side, by not going to Vegas it means that I'm wrapping almost three weeks earlier than Joe is. I think I'll call him on a daily basis and tell him how much fun I'm having.
          I read that interview. I have to say, I'm thoroughly confused about Vegas!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            I read that interview. I have to say, I'm thoroughly confused about Vegas!
            I think it's a case of wait and see. Hopefully it will all become clear in the end.
            sigpic

Comment

Forgot to say that Andreas says he'll be posting some episodic photography from Remnants today! Woo hoo! Is it wrong that I'm excited about that?
              Somebody is going to have to restrain me from looking at those

I finally got up the guts to tell my parents about the cancellation yesterday ( I thought it was a bit harsh to tell them after only one ep had aired ), they weren't impressed I explained to them the concept of SGU and without any prompting from me my dad says 'so we're going back to Voyager then'

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Still waiting for my computer to be sorted. So i'm on yet another colleagues machine - and my god, i don't know how he copes!! It's so slow!! And seems to have real trouble with images. It's not even showing icons!

Not to mention, half my quotes have disappeared, and for once, i don't think GW is to blame.

So CONGRATS TO THE MILESTONERS!!

And there was someone new/returning - Suzieb?? Well hello!! *waves*

Just read through Joe M's blog today. I know the man is sarcastic, but this is poking the sleeping bear with a pretty big stick.
                I was a bit taken aback the first time i read it - my first thought was "Oooo, that's gonna cause rumblings!". Then the more i read the more funny it got.

But yeah, i think JM has taken it rather personally this time. Ah well.

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                I'm doing good, hon. Thanks for asking. Pain is minimal, and I've got good drugs if I need them. I start working from home for a couple of hours a day starting tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm lounging on the couch, watching TV and reading. I finished Mirror Mirror today. I really liked it. I think it's the best SGA novel I've read.
                Keep taking it easy hon

I'm getting to the end of Mirror Mirror now, i'm at the
                Spoiler:
                "we're stuck!" moment, wondering how the hell they're going to get round it! lol

Which ep is airing this week? Is it Remnants?
                The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

I don't mean to open a can of worms here but I wonder how eager Brad Wright would have been to cancel SGA if Amanda Tapping hadn't left to do 'Sanctuary'. It is a known fact that she is the SG1 "sweetheart", loved and respected by everyone. And rightly so. It's nothing against her. I've met her and she is everything said and written about her. Beautiful, strong, smart, kind, tough. But I just can't help but think that BW would have maybe stuck with SGA alittle longer, maybe, if she had stayed.

Any opinions?
                  Hmmmmm.............

Comment

Oh yes, JM likes to poke at the fans. Definitely, but he's gotta watch it

I hit 13,400? Hadn't even noticed! Too busy playing with my new pet

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                      Whispers. Remnants isn't til near the end of the season.

MGM Poll: Are you excited for SGU

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

Hah! Guess which answer is winning?
                        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                        Sig and avi by me
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Somebody is going to have to restrain me from looking at those

I finally got up the guts to tell my parents about the cancellation yesterday ( I thought it was a bit harsh to tell them after only one ep had aired ), they weren't impressed I explained to them the concept of SGU and without any prompting from me my dad says 'so we're going back to Voyager then'

Actually, I used to like Voyager but I don't need a Stargate series with the same theme.

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                          Nope Squonk that little
                          Spoiler:
                          whump??
                          outing comes later.

As cazz said it's Whispers this Friday. Also written by JM but probably without the
                          Spoiler:
                          whump.

Thanks for linking the poll Cazz.
                          Spoiler:
                          77% aren't excited!! I think that says something!!

The petition now has 11770 signatures and it looks like half of the Czech Rep have signed. Must be big over there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Actually, I used to like Voyager but I don't need a Stargate series with the same theme.
                            I loved Voyager (Tom Paris *sigh* ) but I have no interest in seeing a reincarnation, I can watch the repeats!

Thanks for linking the poll Cazz.
                            Spoiler:
                            77% aren't excited!! I think that says something!!
                            Poll
                            Spoiler:
                            Cool! It was 76% when I voted

Comment

Mh, I think I will wait. It's to expensive to order Pay-TV for one show. I don't watch TV so much, only SGA and CSI (LV and NY), when interesting maybe a movie at the weekend.
                              I think the dubbing of other shows is badder than SGA. But I really hate the voice of Radek - I love his accent in the Original.

Over in the UK, Atlantis lasted one season on terrestrial tv. SG1 last quite a few seasons on a Sunday afternoon in a kid's tv slot! Says a lot for British TV!
                              Yes, that could happen in Gemany too I suggest.

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                              Common Ground it is!!! I'll Squee extra loud at certain scenes for those whumpers who have not seen this one in awhile.
                              Could any episode put it down from it's throne? I love Common Ground, and I watched it ... uh ... think I have learned the dialogues in English and German forwards and backwards. Common Ground - that's the reason for the tissues I rest beneath my TV.

Any opinions?
                              Maybe you're right, we will never know.
                              Mh, I liked AT till S10. Don't know what they are doing but in Season 10 she's a little bit to much genius for me. When she came to Atlantis I have the same problem - she knew to much. I love it when the team must speculate about something. In season 4 I always felt like she knew the answer before the others asked for the problem. It's my feeling and I was surprised when I watched S & R these days because of Sam and the way AT acted in the episode.

If I could nominate anyone for an award for black adder and sarcasm now I know who. OMG *lol* Can't stop laughing! In German I could say: He's using the sledge hammer.
                              My livejournal
                              (sorry, guys, fanfictions only German ;o))

Comment

YIPPEE!!! Finally, after changing a few settings, i could finally log onto my computer! And after changing some more settings, i could use the damn thing. And after changing yet more settings, i can finally access the internet!!!
                                The IT guy now knows me by my voice alone, i just call and say "Guess who!" and there's this odd groan.....

Dagnammit - i knew that! I guess all the recent spoilers with Remnants labels threw me a bit (happnes with old age...)

Hmmmm, wonder if they'll take any notice of the results of that poll, or just put it down to bitter SGA fans (which in itself you'd have thought they'd taken notice of...). Whatever, i put in my vote, just to make myself feel a bit better

I loved Voyager (Tom Paris *sigh* ) but I have no interest in seeing a reincarnation, I can watch the repeats!
                                Yeah ditto - Voyager was great, but i we've seen it! What i loved about SG was that it wasn't ship-based, there's so many of those already - four out of five Star Treks, Farscape, Firefly, BSG...
                                The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Working...
                                X