• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    True. But!
    BT Spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Have we seen Sdheppy looked that whipped before. I did see some facial bruising by his mouth and by the looks of his body positioning. I don't see this as being just Shep kneeling in front of the wraith queen. This is Shep and Ronon captured, with what i've read, it's going to be anything but the usual. Potentially
    Spoiler:
    Shep turning against Shep, hand to hand combat between them. I've checked Sheppy's body out. *cough* and noticed that he;'s slouching, his eyes are closed, bruising. So whose done it? It's not the wraith's style to beat the crap out of him, they would just stun him. But hand to hand combat is a Ronon thing.

I disagree, part of the enjoyment regarding whump as we've seen here over the last few months is discussing how the whump will effect Shep and the team, and for me it's a natural progression. Talk about Shep, and his getting his ass kicked and whumped affects him and his character and his relationship with the team. To be honest I think i'd struggle with not discussing the others as part of the whumpyshumpy.... What I mean by that is yes we can squee to our hearts delight about the whump, but what about the comfort? Isn't that part of it to?

Yes, i'm probably being grumpy now because i'm tired, but sorry i don't want to limit my talk about the team comforting shep, or if the team hurt shep, because for me it's on topic. And if you (generally) don't want to hear about that side... well, never mind.

As for the Shepisode, yes it would be nice, but i'm not too worried to be honest. Maybe they're giving Joe some time, even if that's not the reason, for me some of the most loveliest and fabbiest of eps for Shep have been teamy ones. So, not really worried at this point in time....

Ok i'm being a miserbable cow, and i'm going now. Sorry folks.

Is this what they call the Hiatus blues?
    No i like it when we discuss how something the team does will affect sheppy, i just meant in generak we shouldnt be talking about all the specifics, of say a ronon episode, because a lot of that is about ronon as a character, which i just dont feel is that relevant, if you want to discuss something to do with ronon and ronon only in an ep then it should be taken to the ronon thread, but if it does affect sheppy in some way, and that usually involves emo whump for him then it does have a place.......so if anyone doesnt want to know the specifics of certain character episodes then a lot of that shouldnt be discussed too much in here anyway....if that makes sense...i know a lot of people watch for other aspects than sheppy, but i watch for sheppy and the other character eps usually dont have any great affect on me......of course thats just some of my bias coming out there, but theres no denying that this is a thread about shep.

as for the spoiler tags, i just find it confusing because people are saying theyre spoiler free but go on JMs blog and therefore you know about that SR pic which is definately a spoiler..........so yeh it has come off as confusing. i think we should just label them as we have been, and if you are 100% spoiler free then just dont click!

I guess we do have hiatus blues or something.......thats just life, its not always going to be so happy.....i know some of my posts lately havent been that positive but i thought we didnt mind when people had other opinions in here.....

me and my sis just watched a load of season 4 moments.......as long as season 5 is like season 4, but hopefully better...then ill be happy.

and i still want a shepisode, we're running out of eps in the first half here that can be his!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
      Agreed! If the tags contain plot details and are labelled "Spoilers for episode X", that's enough! If that's how they're labelled i know to steer clear. The whole thing that kicked it off was tags being labelled one thing and containing another.

And i know i contributed to the back and forth too - mostly cos i really sucked at getting what i wanted to say across!

I don't think you're being over sensitive either. I'm considering taking a break too.
      Well funny you should say that! I have booked to stay down in Brighton at the weekend for a break! Unfortunately with the poo weather I may just stay here and whump Shep!

Comment

The Hiatus Blues? Isn't that a country song? Just kidding!

Whumpers getting whumped by the hiatus. That's just not right. (all spoilers are S4 pics)

Spoiler:

Surely there must be some way to dispel the gloom...

Spoiler:

...to feel the love...

Spoiler:

...to bask in the wonder that is Shep whump...

Spoiler:

...right?
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Awesome pics Ruffles!

*Thud*

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
            No i like it when we discuss how something the team does will affect sheppy, i just meant in generak we shouldnt be talking about all the specifics, of say a ronon episode, because a lot of that is about ronon as a character, which i just dont feel is that relevant, if you want to discuss something to do with ronon and ronon only in an ep then it should be taken to the ronon thread, but if it does affect sheppy in some way, and that usually involves emo whump for him then it does have a place.......so if anyone doesnt want to know the specifics of certain character episodes then a lot of that shouldnt be discussed too much in here anyway....if that makes sense...i know a lot of people watch for other aspects than sheppy, but i watch for sheppy and the other character eps usually dont have any great affect on me......of course thats just some of my bias coming out there, but theres no denying that this is a thread about shep.

as for the spoiler tags, i just find it confusing because people are saying theyre spoiler free but go on JMs blog and therefore you know about that SR pic which is definately a spoiler..........so yeh it has come off as confusing. i think we should just label them as we have been, and if you are 100% spoiler free then just dont click!

I guess we do have hiatus blues or something.......thats just life, its not always going to be so happy.....i know some of my posts lately havent been that positive but i thought we didnt mind when people had other opinions in here.....

me and my sis just watched a load of season 4 moments.......as long as season 5 is like season 4, but hopefully better...then ill be happy.

and i still want a shepisode, we're running out of eps in the first half here that can be his!
            Well, I asked JM today again if he can shed some light on if there's a Shepisode. I'm never going to give up asking! You never know one day he might answer me!

I'm really looking forward to season 5. I know I won't love every second of it, because unless I wrote, I won't, and even if I did I still wouldn't! But I KNOW there's some Shep whump. And I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing any Sheppy whump TPTB want to give me! Yes, I'm that desperate for it!

Great piccies, Ruffles! Sigh... Thank you!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
              Well, I asked JM today again if he can shed some light on if there's a Shepisode. I'm never going to give up asking! You never know one day he might answer me!

I'm really looking forward to season 5. I know I won't love every second of it, because unless I wrote, I won't, and even if I did I still wouldn't! But I KNOW there's some Shep whump. And I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing any Sheppy whump TPTB want to give me! Yes, I'm that desperate for it!

Great piccies, Ruffles! Sigh... Thank you!
              i noticed you asked, and ive been checking every day to make sure someone has!

Youre right, ive never liked a whole season of anything ive watched....as long as i like most of it, i mean i loved season 4 a lot more than season 3 but even then i didnt like about 5 eps. still 3/4 isnt too bad.

i think what frustrates me more about atlantis though is that there is all this potential and its wasted (like sheps super gene!), and they dont treat joe/shep with the same respect as they do with their favs david/mckay and keller/jewel ,i mean keller is already getting a bloody action figure made! thats why im annoyed that we've heard nothing about the shepisode.....we know about everyone elses but the lead's and that just seems wrong to me!

so thats why i get annoyed sometimes, but i do still love this show for the most part, joe makes watching so enjoyable.......plus he looks very good whumped!

still need to see SR like right now!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

LUFFS ALL THE WHUMPERS
                AND
                DOESN'T WANT ANYONE TO GO!!!!

There's too much squeeing to be done and 4 months to do it in....
                sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

OOps!....I scared all the peeps away!.......flippin 'eck....
                  sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Okey Dokey, I'm off...later peeps, don't whump too hard.....
                    sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Hugs to the whumpers!!

oops wrong smiley (sort of)

All this talk about spoilers and I keep watching the ad banners to see if they are about ways to preserve fruits and veggies.

I will take responsiblity for my own clicky finger. If I read something behind spoiler tags that I didn't want to know, then oh well on me. This thread has always been great about labeling so I don't think we need to worry too much. Let's get back to whumping Shep and not ourselves.

We could always go through all the seasons in order and post our favorite whump pic. That gives us time to review and time to relax.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
                        LUFFS ALL THE WHUMPERS
                        AND
                        DOESN'T WANT ANYONE TO GO!!!!

There's too much squeeing to be done and 4 months to do it in....
                        Agreed! Think of whumped Sheppy! He'll need us to be squeeing for him! Poor guy...
                        OOps!....I scared all the peeps away!.......flippin 'eck....
                        You didn't scare me. I got kicked off the net. Aol is playing up - AGAIN!
                        Okey Dokey, I'm off...later peeps, don't whump too hard.....
                        Moi? Whump too hard? NEVER!
                        sigpic

Comment

People will also need to realize....if you're a true to the bone spoilerphobe....the internet isnt' the best place for you.

If you absolutely cannot stand to see ANY spoilers at all for season five, then you need to go play in season 4 threads (and no, sorry, there isn't going to be multiple character threads for every season).

I do understand how you feel. I'm not a spoiler seeker. In fact, i've found that i enjoy the show more if i know not much beyond Joe M's two sentence plot summaries. However, part of interacting with others in a fandom is getting spoiled. I remember way back in sg1 s3 when i was on a forum - and the UK got the eps hours before we did - and reading someone's post 'man, shades of grey was so good. I never would have expected makepeace to be the bad guy'

big honkin plot spoiler. However, it's the price of doing business.

At the end of the day, those posting stuff need to be respectful of others, however those that don't want to be spoiled also need to accept that mistakes WILL happen and that it's not the end of the world and they need to just live with it if they're gonna play.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                            Hugs to the whumpers!!

All this talk about spoilers and I keep watching the ad banners to see if they are about ways to preserve fruits and veggies.

I will take responsiblity for my own clicky finger. If I read something behind spoiler tags that I didn't want to know, then oh well on me. This thread has always been great about labeling so I don't think we need to worry too much. Let's get back to whumping Shep and not ourselves.

We could always go through all the seasons in order and post our favorite whump pic. That gives us time to review and time to relax.
                            I agree. Let's just label as spoilers and continue to whump!

Great piccies, Pocus!

I think that's a great idea, to post our favourite piccies through the seasons!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                              Hugs to the whumpers!!

Oh yes that is a good idea- I will have to go open my photobucket and see if I have any Rising whump to add! brb!!!!

Comment

afternoon everyone
                                sigpic
                                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                                X