• Show
Clear All

Congradulations on 3800 Posts Cady!
    Sorry I missed it before..
    sigpic
    My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      It has been a while since anyone took a pot shot at him, I think we're due something But only cos we like to see how his pain threshold is, i'd definately like to see if that's the reason why he can tolerate what he can. Jack was the same, and he had the ATA gene to, so i'm wondering if there's some sort of correlation....hmmm I wonder if things would be different if someone tried to manipulate the gene on a genetic level would it have any side effects...apart from the controlling of ancient tech? That could be quite an interesting stroyline

Congrats from me to, Salty, I bet you were smiling the whole time How did he get on?
      SaltyJunior did great for his first time! I was such a beaming mom!! He walked two batters ~ my 8-year-old ball player
      Originally posted by Josie View Post
      I am sooooooo booooooooored!

I need something to do but I can't settle at anything, I've discovered whole ew levels of boredom.
      Wanna come plant with me?? Hubby bought flowers last weekend for me to plant and they're still sitting outside.

Originally posted by caty View Post
      Yeah, it looks like I'll be going to the University of South Florida in August
      YAY Caty!!! I got chills when I read this!!! I'm thrilled for you!!! What town is it in?
      And congrats on the 3800!!!!!

As for Irresponsible, last night I imagined
      Spoiler:
      Kolya stalking and hunting a whumped Shep as he's separated from his team. Which then leads to the showdown as a bloody and battered Shep shoots down Kolya. Wouldn't that have been better?

I'm off to go plant!!
      sigpic
      Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
        SaltyJunior did great for his first time! I was such a beaming mom!! He walked two batters ~ my 8-year-old ball player

Wanna come plant with me?? Hubby bought flowers last weekend for me to plant and they're still sitting outside.

YAY Caty!!! I got chills when I read this!!! I'm thrilled for you!!! What town is it in?

Spoiler:
        Kolya stalking and hunting a whumped Shep as he's separated from his team. Which then leads to the showdown as a bloody and battered Shep shoots down Kolya. Wouldn't that have been better?

I'm off to go plant!!
        Ok can't even pretend to understand baseball I take it SaltyJnr did real well? I bet you were soooo proud bless you both Was he pleased?

oooh I like your version of Irresponsible much better Have fun planting, don't get distracted thinking about whump and plant them uspside down

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
          Caty - that is fantastic news! Well done!!!!

Congrats to Caty, on 3,800 posts!!!
          Hey Caty - that goes from me too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
            Ok can't even pretend to understand baseball I take it SaltyJnr did real well? I bet you were soooo proud bless you both Was he pleased?

oooh I like your version of Irresponsible much better Have fun planting, don't get distracted thinking about whump and plant them uspside down
            LOL!!!!! Upsided down plants!!! That is too funny. She would be whumping her garden!
            sigpic

Comment

You must be so proud!! There's nothing cuter than small kids playing ball games... Here in Germany, it's soccer most of the time though..
              The grandkids of my host parents in Florida (twin boys) are 4 and just started little league. It's hilarious! And of course, their grandpa is the coach

Thanks!! That's so sweet of you *hugs*

It's in Tampa...
              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

WELL DONE CATY!!!!!!! *does victory dance*
                glad to hear its finally going right for you now!!!

im gonna be celebrating soon, my dissertation is so close to being finished...so close....woohoo!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Hello whumpers!

How's everyone??

btw, I'm glad everything was sorted out for you Caty!
                  My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                  Sig and avi by me
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah, Caty! Great news about USF (I assume that's the acronyn)! Congrats on 3800, too!

Peggy, I hope your Mom keeps progessing. It takes a strong woman and a strong family to cope with that, and, to keep good spirits. HUGS

Comment

was that a tumbleweed i just saw...

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                        It is but watch out its one of those exploding ones that are there to catch Shep unaware when the thread is lacking in whump

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind words, makes me feel all warm and fluffy.

Originally posted by caty View Post
                          Yeah, it looks like I'll be going to the University of South Florida in August
                          Oh Caty that's absolutely fantastic news I bet you've been grinning all day. I am so pleased that you got what you wanted. Woohooooooo! You should be suitably proud of yourself for hanging in their and persevering

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                          Walsall are no threat so they're ok. Aston Vile and Wolves are a whole other matter.

And they were great pics! Any Shep is better than no Shep!
                          That arse shot one reminds me of something that happened at work
                          Spoiler:
                          I work with 3 fellas one of which is gay (and quite likes JF and DH). One of the others was looking over my shoulder when that picture came up as part of a butt-shot picspam and he was quite shocked and said "Why are you looking at pictures of arses!?!"
                          My gay workmate was over in the blink of an eye (really it was scarily fast!) saying "Oooo arses!"
                          He is the first to admit he's a walking stereotype.
                          there is something universally pleasing about a good butt!

SaltyJunior did great for his first time! I was such a beaming mom!! He walked two batters ~ my 8-year-old ball player http://bestsmileys.com/sports2/24.gif

Spoiler:

I'm off to go plant!!
                          Woohooooo way to go minisalty I bet you made a big fuss of him when he came off the pitch

Can I just say I would've loved that for Kolya. Are you planting flowers or trees? Fancy doing some mowing at my house while you're in the mood

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                          Thank you, Salty and Ruffles for the congrats! I'm determined to get my custom avatar before the end of S3, or thereabouts.

Thanks Ruffles for reading the fic. I will never be happy with the pace of it, but, it wasn't all bad!

Good for Salty Junior!!

Salty, ITA on Irresponsible except one thing, but that could have been done a lot better.
                          Spoiler:
                          I am kind of glad that Kolya had an ignominious death. He'd gone from being this powerful leader to a sad caricature of himself. Like I said, though, it could have been done a whole lot better.

I feel for JM, et al. From the hint of disappointment that JM has let slip, they must feel ill everytime they think of the ep or it is brought up in any kind of conversation. Or, blog, for that matter.
                          Joe, and, therefore Shep, was very fine in it, though, as always!
                          Lorr did I miss you posted a fic? Man I gotta bookmark these pages.. can you send the linky again, please and thank you If you're on 1800 post, I have no chance of getting my custom one before S4 starts *sigh* anyone now what your post count has to be?

I know, I feel sorry for JM to, he's already said he was dissapointed with it, and what happened, and yet people are still complaining on his blog... I say, let it go people.

I seem to recall sand whump was one of the 101 Ways To Whump John Sheppard. Yep there it is #39.

*giggles* We should have that as a checklist for S4 see how much of the list JM took into account when he was
                          Spoiler:
                          whupping Shep in S4

i think thats a good way to look at it in a way!
                          i bet JM wishes people would stop having a go at him about it, its done end of....then again if they
                          Spoiler:
                          can bring carson back in some no doubt stupid plot then im all for bringing kolya back for a proper showdown......

at least he admits the script is bad, if he was saying it was great id be worried!! lol

we always want shep shot!!! wouldve been great though!!

actually jack's ata gene isnt as good as sheps (as witnessed in good to be king when he couldnt even turn on the PJ without concentrating really hard ewhen she just walked in and it worked straightaway!) and RDA overplayed the whump a bit i think, thats why joe is so good at it, we know shep is in pain without him being overdramatic with it! and i dont want shep shot to test his pain threshold i just want him shot because err well i do!!

ahhhh good times......

Hey guys, wow it was quiet on here yesterday, so didn't take me too long to catch up I am kind of sad today, it didn't go so well at the footy yesterday we got our butts kicked however it was prety hilarious before the match...
                          spoilers for O/T whump
                          Spoiler:
                          The fans were kind of having a party because we are already promoted we are just in the race to go up as champions, which looks unlikely now seen as half our squad will be out next week. Anyway, so lots of people were dressed up in costumes and there where lots of beach balls being thrown around the fans, etc which was great fun, avoiding and then launching them at other fans, however then things kind of got really crazy, lots of inflatables appeared in the crowd, rubber rings, massive beach balls, hammers, and then at one point got smacked in the head by an inflatable dolphin I nearly wet myself laughing, it propper hurt, but how do you get mad at inflatable dolphin whump it was just insane they were coming from all angles

Didn't get anymore of the whump dream maybe it was the dolphin concussion It would be fab if some wonderful fic writer could write us a nice little spinal injury fic.

oh no not yet just catching up on here gotta go check that out after this, thanks for the heads up

Congrats to the milestoners

Woohoo a nice shiney new manip and fic would be wonderful.

ITA - was sobbing my butt off, it was such a sad ep

Oh Tao was a lovely warm fuzzy ep, I loved it.

3 years??!!?? it must have been an awfully bad time for you

OMG I love the list, you just cheered my day up Hows your writing going Josie? are you planning on carrying back on with UtS? or are you gonna go for another fic? or are you taking a break for a while? Made any new icons or Wallies lately?

Well gonna go check out the other threads back in a bit
                          ROFLMAO *winks at Linz* hehehe

Listy the inflatable dolphin incident could only happen to you or GG maybe you can do a fic of dolphin whump for Shep

Thanks hon, things are improving slowly.

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                          Yeah, Caty! Great news about USF (I assume that's the acronyn)! Congrats on 3800, too!

Peggy, I hope your Mom keeps progessing. It takes a strong woman and a strong family to cope with that, and, to keep good spirits. HUGS
                          CONGRATS CATY

Thanks hon, spirits are always high especially when
                          Spoiler:
                          we get lots of shumpydoodles and evil shep
                          squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh nearly forget CHAPTER 11 Brothers in Arms is finally up if anyone is intersted

Comment

Comment

It is but watch out its one of those exploding ones that are there to catch Shep unaware when the thread is lacking in whump
                              heh we really can fit in whump anywhere!

Comment

awwwwwww cute smily!!

Comment

Working...
                                X