No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I have to say, having watched vid of the convention referred to, Joe's comment about "You'd watch me in my new show?" was said very jokingly, tongue-in-cheek and in the context of a question posed by a fan and was in no way suggesting seriously that he has any plans along those lines atm...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Yeah, I have to say, having watched vid of the convention referred to, Joe's comment about "You'd watch me in my new show?" was said very jokingly, tongue-in-cheek and in the context of a question posed by a fan and was in no way suggesting seriously that he has any plans along those lines atm...
      I know...that was him responding to about how loyal fans are and how loyal he is to his fans,,and loved to meet them,,,and then joking about the matter about fans staying loyal and want to see him to again in the future...
      sigpic
      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I agree - having watched the video of his talk his comments were in no way suggesting that he foresaw any problems with how the show was going. He even went as far as saying during his talk at GMEX that the show was in a very good place at the moment and that there were very exciting things in the works for season four, and even optimistically predicted getting a season 5 and 6. He was definitely aware of what was happening to Carson and that an SG1 cast member was coming to Atlantis, as John Smith talked about it and I'm sure he also knew about the other changes to the cast as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          I know...that was him responding to about how loyal fans are and how loyal he is to his fans,,and loved to meet them,,,and then joking about the matter about fans staying loyal and want to see him to again in the future...
          Yeah, that was it... I remember now... the question was about how he feels about having gotten involved in a franchise that meant he would be attending Stargate conventions for the rest of his life! And he turned it around and asked how do the fans feel about having to put up with him for that long...
          sigpic

Comment

In some respects, yes, in others, no. He's a professional enough to know SGA will not last forever (no show does, except maybe one or two soaps that for some unfathomable reason have been on for decades and decades). He's done enough pilots to know they don't get picked up. SGA will end one day, sooner than later, I fear, if TPTB keep screwing around (I really, really wanted to say the other bad word).

After watching Brad Wright and RCC look all happy about SG's future, it just made me glum. I truly don't think they recognize or care about the Atlantis fanbase, only the SG1 base, which is why we're going to get stuck with Carter in 14 episodes. I think this is gonna seriously change the relationships in teh show, plus hey, remember that Zelenka was brought in to handle the xtra technobabble? Gee, with McKay and Carter, why have Zelenka hanging around? I'm being dreary about this,but it's the way I feel. I love Atlantis and it's like it's being hacked to death by producers who only want to keep SG1 going. They can't accept it's done and over with.

Comment

Yeah, that was it... I remember now... the question was about how he feels about having gotten involved in a franchise that meant he would be attending Stargate conventions for the rest of his life! And he turned it around and asked how do the fans feel about having to put up with him for that long...
              Yup exactly.... he sure had fun with that...like uhm I you sure you want to see me for the rest of your life *lol*
              sigpic
              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Hi guys!

I heard the latest news and *spoilers for casting changes*
                Spoiler:

Is it awful of me if deep inside, after all this latest news, all I can think about is 'hey, this kind of bodes well for more Shep'? Torri reduced to recurring, Hewlett's got a show to write...yay, more Shep! Don't get me wrong, I don't want McKay to become too reduced. I love the McKay-Sheppard dynamic but OMG, give me MORE Shep dang it. He's been a little too lite this second half of season 3 for my tastes.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                  Hi guys!

Spoiler:

Is it awful of me if deep inside, after all this latest news, all I can think about is 'hey, this kind of bodes well for more Shep'? Torri reduced to recurring, Hewlett's got a show to write...yay, more Shep! Don't get me wrong, I don't want McKay to become too reduced. I love the McKay-Sheppard dynamic but OMG, give me MORE Shep dang it. He's been a little too lite this second half of season 3 for my tastes.
                  We are all allowed to feel what we want to feel...and heck more Shep that I can deal with any day...
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    After watching Brad Wright and RCC look all happy about SG's future, it just made me glum. I truly don't think they recognize or care about the Atlantis fanbase, only the SG1 base, which is why we're going to get stuck with Carter in 14 episodes. I think this is gonna seriously change the relationships in teh show, plus hey, remember that Zelenka was brought in to handle the xtra technobabble? Gee, with McKay and Carter, why have Zelenka hanging around? I'm being dreary about this,but it's the way I feel. I love Atlantis and it's like it's being hacked to death by producers who only want to keep SG1 going. They can't accept it's done and over with.
                    Can't help but agree with all of that.

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                    Hi guys!

Spoiler:

Sadly, no.
                    Spoiler:
                    I wish i could be that positive about it but all it keeps coming back to for me is that they are screwing with the team dynamics I love. I *adore* Sheppard.. but part of what i love is seeing him interact with the team (just think of all the lovely team moments we've had this season) and with the team changed so much I fear I won't get that anymore...

I worry the show is going to move more towards Carter and McKay...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      In some respects, yes, in others, no. He's a professional enough to know SGA will not last forever (no show does, except maybe one or two soaps that for some unfathomable reason have been on for decades and decades). He's done enough pilots to know they don't get picked up. SGA will end one day, sooner than later, I fear, if TPTB keep screwing around (I really, really wanted to say the other bad word).

yep exactly! i feel the same!

and i know what joe said was a joke, but im still wondering if there was any truth in that...i think if joe sees a decline in the show then he will leave, if he can- wasnt he signed on for 6 seasons though, or he will keep fighting for shep, and i just have to hope..joe could well save it for us.

but then as i said i really hate sam and ont want to see her in any capacity, some child 24 year old smarty pants md will be NOT able to take the place of dear carson, (i love sheppards interactions with his team AND his other family members carson and weir)..weir is an intergral part of the show a lot of the time, loosing her could well proove detrimental (and so help me god if SAM gets to take over leadership- sam lead? haha yeh thats a joke), no ken c (that still annoys me considering hes already written 2 stellar sga plots)....erm is that it? i dont know theres been so many cast changes my head is spinning.
                      *kicks tptb*

god all this negativity is depressing me...thought sga was meant to entertain you...sometimes i wish i wasnt so emotionally attatched to this show and walking away would be easier.

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Can't help but agree with all of that.

Sadly, no.
                        Spoiler:
                        I wish i could be that positive about it but all it keeps coming back to for me is that they are screwing with the team dynamics I love. I *adore* Sheppard.. but part of what i love is seeing him interact with the team (just think of all the lovely team moments we've had this season) and with the team changed so much I fear I won't get that anymore...

I worry the show is going to move more towards Carter and McKay...
                        yep i agree ALI!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

*casting stuff*
                          Spoiler:
                          But the team isn't being changed. Teyla, Ronon, McKay and Sheppard are all still around. I've never considered Weir and Carson part of the 'team'. I do like their characters but for me, they aren't near as critical and it'd be awesome to get more of a team-centric episodes. And you mention all the team moments...those are still going to be there, because they were between the *team* and none of them are leaving the show or being significantly reduced. I think McKay's role might be tweaked a little to lighten up but I'd think it'd be minor if at all. I really do. I think it might shift slightly more to Joe's shoulders but that's it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                            Yup exactly.... he sure had fun with that...like uhm I you sure you want to see me for the rest of your life *lol*
                            If only Boy, wonder what the next convention with an SGA actor will be like..... hmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post

but then as i said i really hate sam and ont want to see her in any capacity, some child 24 year old smarty pants md will be NOT able to take the place of dear carson, (i love sheppards interactions with his team AND his other family members carson and weir)..weir is an intergral part of the show a lot of the time, loosing her could well proove detrimental (and so help me god if SAM gets to take over leadership- sam lead? haha yeh thats a joke), no ken c (that still annoys me considering hes already written 2 stellar sga plots)....erm is that it? i dont know theres been so many cast changes my head is spinning.
                              *kicks tptb*

god all this negativity is depressing me...thought sga was meant to entertain you...sometimes i wish i wasnt so emotionally attatched to this show and walking away would be easier.
                              How old are you again?
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Well sadly to say I think I will be stepping back even from the whump thread at the moment,,since the atmosphere in here is actually to depressing for me...

Because as I've said I don't know ANYTHING of what may come of season 4... so I rather not get draged down with the rest...

The little I have seen of Weir in so many episodes...I feel she is already only a recurring character...and in a way have always been for me...so this is something really that doens't bring me down to the bottom of the sea...Paul was recurring in season 1 but got fair amount of screentime anyway..so i don't see the difference... for me the core team is Sheppard's team..there is where most of his interaction has been and always will be...
                                sigpic
                                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Working...
                                X