No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key of Squee! Just wonderful. Thanks, Pegasus.

Sorry about your Ravens, Pocus. It's a bummer.

Comment

Night Pocus!!! Catch ya tomorrow.

SQUEE!!! Instinct is on....you know what that means for next week...CONVERSION!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Hello all. Just catching up on this and the thunk thread. Been sick for a couple of days, didn't feel like getting on the computer for very long. Hope everyone isn't too whumped from all the seemingly bad news. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it sounds. But hopefully Shep will be whumped bad.

Thank you for the sig, SciFan!
        Spoiler:

Thank You Sheyla Fan!

Spoiler:

Comment

Well, all the news just killed my writing ambition tonight, so I transcribed instead... for those with the gumption to read the spoilers (or not, as in DH's case, as I stuck those at the way bottom of the LJ)...

RC Cooper and Brad Wright talk SG1 movies and SGA season 4 (some spoilers)

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/42845.html

DAVID HEWLETT talks about season 4, friends and acting -90% transcript (couldn't help myself)

(some spoilers for one episode but those are put way at bottom with warnings)

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/43062.html

Comment

Hope you're feeling better, Strinam. Here's something to help.

Comment

Strinam sorry to hear you're not feeling very well. Hope you get well soon.

Prion - thanks for the links. I may take a look if I can avoid the episode spoilers for S4. Cast changes, yeah, I wanna hear about those, epsodes spoilers not so much.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the links and transcript, Prion. I just had to read. Now, I shall go away for a while and try to write.

Comment

Gads, can you believe that next week in syndication they are skipping Conversion and showing The Lost Boys?? What the hell??? *shakes head* Hubby thought it was absolutely hilarious!!!

OK, I am thoroughly whumped now and I'm calling it in. Catch ya all tomorrow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post

Prion - thanks for the links. I may take a look if I can avoid the episode spoilers for S4. Cast changes, yeah, I wanna hear about those, epsodes spoilers not so much.
                    You can read the David link safely until you hit the glaring BOLD RED Letters telling you not to proceed. I stuck 'em at the bottom.

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                    Thanks for the links and transcript, Prion. I just had to read. Now, I shall go away for a while and try to write.
                    Gads, can you believe that next week in syndication they are skipping Conversion and showing The Lost Boys?? What the hell??? *shakes head* Hubby thought it was absolutely hilarious!!!

OK, I am thoroughly whumped now and I'm calling it in. Catch ya all tomorrow.
                    You're welcome. Oh, okay, it's not just me who thought, wait, where the hell is "Conversion"!!!!!!!!!!? ARGH!!

Comment

Skipping Conversion????? WTF????? I was looking forward to getting it on my DVR until the DVDs come out! The quality is so much better than the taped copy I have. Grrrrrr. Who the heck thought that was a good idea?!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Well, all the news just killed my writing ambition tonight, so I transcribed instead... for those with the gumption to read the spoilers (or not, as in DH's case, as I stuck those at the way bottom of the LJ)...

RC Cooper and Brad Wright talk SG1 movies and SGA season 4 (some spoilers)

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/42845.html

*********************************************************

DAVID HEWLETT talks about season 4, friends and acting -90% transcript (couldn't help myself)

(some spoilers for one episode but those are put way at bottom with warnings)

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/43062.html

Thanks for those... wow...

combine that with the news on Weir and... well...

*is speechless*

*wanders off to try and collect her thoughts...*
                        sigpic
                        My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Thanks, Those pics helped a lot.

Strinam sorry to hear you're not feeling very well. Hope you get well soon.

Thanks Gate Geek.

Spoiler:

Thank You Sheyla Fan!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                            *casting stuff*
                            Spoiler:
                            But the team isn't being changed. Teyla, Ronon, McKay and Sheppard are all still around. I've never considered Weir and Carson part of the 'team'. I do like their characters but for me, they aren't near as critical and it'd be awesome to get more of a team-centric episodes. And you mention all the team moments...those are still going to be there, because they were between the *team* and none of them are leaving the show or being significantly reduced. I think McKay's role might be tweaked a little to lighten up but I'd think it'd be minor if at all. I really do. I think it might shift slightly more to Joe's shoulders but that's it.
                            I agree with you IWTB!!!
                            Spoiler:
                            Weir is hardly in some eps and I do not feel that the ep is particularly missing anything because she is or isnt there- maybe the change in her contract allows Torri to do other things- maybe that is what she wants and we wont actually notice much of a a change at all. Again - Carson seems to have been stuffed in some of the eps because they feel that they have to use him - I dont want him to leave though - although it would have made sense to have his role reduced - to use him as the Doctor - when a Doctor is actually required. For me it is all about Joe and Shep (and of course the team of Shep, Ronon, Rodney and Teyla is important but that will not be changing as far as we can tell)

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                            Well sadly to say I think I will be stepping back even from the whump thread at the moment,,since the atmosphere in here is actually to depressing for me...

Because as I've said I don't know ANYTHING of what may come of season 4... so I rather not get draged down with the rest...

The little I have seen of Weir in so many episodes...I feel she is already only a recurring character...and in a way have always been for me...so this is something really that doens't bring me down to the bottom of the sea...Paul was recurring in season 1 but got fair amount of screentime anyway..so i don't see the difference... for me the core team is Sheppard's team..there is where most of his interaction has been and always will be...
                            I agree Nina
                            Spoiler:
                            although I am not jumping for joy at all - I really cant be bothered to bring myself down over what s4 may or may not be like. The fact we have one at all is something I am still happy about

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                            Okay so i've not read the back posts...kinda being an osterich and don't really won't to know otherwise i'll cry. But trying to be positive, lol (and failing miserably) I have attempted to rewrite Monty Pythons 'Always look on the bright side of life' With.... Always look on the bright side of Shep.

for the singers out there it is to be sung in the key of 'G'... I tried what can I say..

Spoilers for Always look on the bright side of Shep

Spoiler:

The Powers that be are bad
                            They can really make you mad
                            Crossovers just make you swear and curse.
                            When you're chewing on SG1’s gristle
                            Don't grumble, give a whistle
                            And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the whump side of Shep...
                            Always look on the thunk side of Shep...

If the new doc seems jolly rotten
                            Atlantis will be forgotten
                            And then we’ll cry and wail and lose our squee.
                            But when you're feeling in the dumps
                            Don't be silly chumps
                            Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the whump side of Shep...

For Luscious is quite absurd
                            And death's the final word
                            SG1 must face the curtain with a bow.
                            Forget about their sin – and try not to give in
                            Enjoy it – it might be our last chance anyhow.

So always look on the whump side of Shep
                            Just before he draws his terminal breath

The changes are just ****
                            When you look at it
                            Carson’s a laugh and his death's a joke, it's true.
                            You'll see it's all a show
                            Atlantis will keep us laughing as we go
                            Just remember that the last laugh is on TPTB. (okay so I know that didn’t go, but…)

So always look on the whump side of Shep...
                            (Come on guys, cheer up!)
                            Always look on the whump side of Shep...
                            (Worse things happen at sea, you know…think Submersion and wet Shep, hehehe.)
                            Always look on the whump side of Shep...
                            (I mean - what have we got to lose?)
                            (You know, we’ve come from nothing – we’ll go back to nothing.
                            What have you lost? Shep!) *sniff* (I was so close to thinking positively, lol)
                            Always look on the right side of Shep...
                            Awesome!!!!!

Comment

Well I am feeling rather more calm today. I vented my spleen plenty on the relevant threads yesterday and think I got a lot of the shock and dismay and aggravation that they are messing about with my show out of my system.

I remain intensely glad that we have a season 4 of the show and I sincerely hope it will continue beyond that... I'm not sure how likely that is but I still have hope.

In the meantime, we have 4 awesome episodes of Season 3 to look forward to and I personally plan to spend today getting ridiculously giddy over the prospect of seeing Sheppard
                              Spoiler:
                              in civvies!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                Well I am feeling rather more calm today. I vented my spleen plenty on the relevant threads yesterday and think I got a lot of the shock and dismay and aggravation that they are messing about with my show out of my system.

I remain intensely glad that we have a season 4 of the show and I sincerely hope it will continue beyond that... I'm not sure how likely that is but I still have hope.

In the meantime, we have 4 awesome episodes of Season 3 to look forward to and I personally plan to spend today getting ridiculously giddy over the prospect of seeing Sheppard
                                Spoiler:
                                in civvies!
                                and...

Spoiler:
                                Whumped and Wet!!!

Spoiler:

Thank You Sheyla Fan!

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X