John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
    "The Defiant One" had some great Shep whumping, and "Thirty Eight Minutes was just totally awesome in that respect (and many others, but that's beside the point.) But my favorite has to be the
    Spoiler:
    emotional whump
    in "Conversion".
    Spoiler:
    When he's just sitting in the dark on his bed looking all dejected, and you can tell he's scared out of his mind, I wanted to cry! And when he wakes up in the infirmary and asks, "Did I hurt anyone?" he just needed a hug. Same thing when he tells Elizabeth, "I'm not safe to be around anymore."
    I'm a total sap for that kind of thing.
    Oh CeeKay that sounds sooo sad! That's something for me to look forward to!
    Should get to see that episode in, ooh, December!!!!!! Poor Shep!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
      Oh CeeKay that sounds sooo sad! That's something for me to look forward to!
      Should get to see that episode in, ooh, December!!!!!! Poor Shep!
      One of JF's best performances!

Also the line,
      Spoiler:
      when Sheppard was in his bedroom with Weir, and she asked if there was someone he wanted to talk to, and he said, Who would you call?

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland

Also the line,
        Spoiler:
        when Sheppard was in his bedroom with Weir, and she asked if there was someone he wanted to talk to, and he said, Who would you call?
        Oh, definitely. I agree on both counts – especially the first!! One of his best, for sure, if not his best yet on SGA! (I say that b/c I haven't seen him in anything else )

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Also the line,
          Spoiler:
          That's really sad mg! Sounds like excellent whump to me!
          Love your sig ,by the way!
          sigpic

Comment

I vote for "Conversion" in first place for me, "38 Minutes" a close second. JF pulled off both episodes beautifully. Lots of physical whump, but the emotional whump was fantastic. Not that I actually want Shep to suffer...
            Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
              I vote for "Conversion" in first place for me, "38 Minutes" a close second. JF pulled off both episodes beautifully. Lots of physical whump, but the emotional whump was fantastic. Not that I actually want Shep to suffer...
              Not much you don't ....... (Hey, I can't talk either!)
              sigpic

Comment

Also the line,
                Spoiler:
                Oh no...that's so sad! That sounds like it's going to be my fave whump episode when I see it...but for now I'd say '38 minutes' and 'Defiant One' take some beating!

'Epiphany' ( I always have trouble spelling that!) sounds like it's going to be pretty 'whumpy' though...ooh and 'The Hive' too. It seems to be non-stop whump this season!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                  'Epiphany' ( I always have trouble spelling that!) sounds like it's going to be pretty 'whumpy' though...ooh and 'The Hive' too. It seems to be non-stop whump this season!!
                  I for one don't mind.

My favourite emo and physical whump is definitely Conversion. Others have already quoted my favourite bits. My #2 is 38 Minutes which was my favourite ep before Conversion came along.

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
                    "38 Minutes" is made all the more convincing because JF said that he spent most of the shoot sitting in the back of a Puddle Jumper with a fake looking plastic bug stuck to his neck.

Comment

Totally agree with all the Conversion moments you've mentioned. Also, the end of Lost Boys... the look on his face just kills me! Hopefully more of that to come in the Hive

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                        Oh no...that's so sad! That sounds like it's going to be my fave whump episode when I see it...but for now I'd say '38 minutes' and 'Defiant One' take some beating!

Now I'm drooling in anticipation Elinor!
                        Must say I'm not convinced there's going to be much Shep whumping in The Hive, but I'm betting there will be in Epiphany,and by the sounds of it mega whumping!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                          Now I'm drooling in anticipation Elinor!
                          Must say I'm not convinced there's going to be much Shep whumping in The Hive, but I'm betting there will be in Epiphany,and by the sounds of it mega whumping!
                          I think 'The Hive' is gonna turn out to be a bit overhyped to be honest...just MHO.

I have been looking forward to 'Epiphany' since I found out about it, and the fact that Joe wrote it...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Hype is just a matter of opinion.. I try not to let other people's opinions effect my enjoyment of the show. I'm sure I'll love it anyways. And Epiphany of course...

Comment

The evil nasty cliffie is hype enough for me. I can't wait for "Epiphany", either. I've been dying to see it snce I found out JF wrote it. I think it'll be the one episode for which I avoid spoilers like the plague.

There's one really minor whump moment in "Aurora" that I really liked.
                              Spoiler:
                              Just before Sheppard goes into the stasis pod, McKay says that, iff necessary, he can manually disconnect him "without permanent brain damage... You ready?" The tone in poor Shep's voice when he says "I was!" was just... just... I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                                The evil nasty cliffie is hype enough for me. I can't wait for "Epiphany", either. I've been dying to see it snce I found out JF wrote it. I think it'll be the one episode for which I avoid spoilers like the plague.

There's one really minor whump moment in "Aurora" that I really liked.
                                Spoiler:
                                Just before Sheppard goes into the stasis pod, McKay says that, iff necessary, he can manually disconnect him "without permanent brain damage... You ready?" The tone in poor Shep's voice when he says "I was!" was just... just... I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.
                                Yeah, and the look on his face was pretty priceless as well...hug the woobie!

My funniest bit from that scene was where McKay
                                Spoiler:
                                asked Shep if he trusted him, and Shep was just so blatant with the "No"...that and the affronted look on Shep's face when Teyla basically all but said that he wouldn't be as big a loss as Rodney...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Working...
                                X