X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
    Goodnight!

Congrats on 3000!!!

I am eager to read them all, after I finish mine, or course! And, I want to finish my other fic, too. Then I will take a break and read fora while before diving into a story I've been wanting to write for a while.

I have your little tag waiting for the bus ride to the accupuncturist tomorrow.

Time for me to go, too. Goodnight!
    wow! lots of good stuff coming from you! Can't wait to read them

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
    I guess I only posted in my LJ. I'm going back to uni next year and classes are at night, so I can't teach at my current school because they only have classes at night too. So, quitting. I don't have something that pays the same, even though I need more. *panics* I do have something. A couple of things, but damn, I need a lot more.
    gaah... I'm sorry! I remember you saying something about that. Too much stuff in my head right now, I have low memory real estate.

*hugs* I hope you find something that works for you!
    sigpic
    My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strey View Post
      ITA. The stand-in is nothing like him. He's, like - ew! Was this thing made on the cheap? Everything points that way. The title stinks. Apart from that, I'm not convinced that's Joe, tbh.
      Well, I agree it doesn't look like it had an Avatar budget, but I guess I don't really care. I mean, it has Joe in it and it's a genre I like (fyi - I like any genre that involves men wearing sunglasses and holsters that drag their pants down). So I'll be happy to see the film, unless, of course, Deputy Brady is over-whumped.

Re the guy in the picture - that hair, the semi-slouch and the position of his fingers give off a nice Joe-y vibe. If it's not actually Joe, I'd like to know who it is. Maybe I'd like him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        I don't think the guy's primary job was stand-in, he lists his occupation as "location sound mixer" and many of his photos are of technical stuff and equipment. So how he ended up in the Deputy Brady uniform is a mystery to me... possibly because he's about Joe's height and build and they just grabbed him to fill in?
        Interesting. I can see stand-in as a secondary job. Ye you have to be the same height/build as the actor, but your basic job is to stand in a spot or two as they block the shot and check the lighting if I remember correctly.
        sigpic

Comment

ITA. The stand-in is nothing like him. He's, like - ew! Was this thing made on the cheap? Everything points that way. The title stinks. Apart from that, I'm not convinced that's Joe, tbh.
          Stand-ins rarely look particularly like the actor concerned - they are usually just vaguely similar in height and preferably skin tone. Chuck was originally Joe's stand-in and had a very funny story to tell about TPTB asking him to get a fake tan to better match Joe's skin tone... and it all went a bit wrong!
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think the guy's primary job was stand-in, he lists his occupation as "location sound mixer" and many of his photos are of technical stuff and equipment. So how he ended up in the Deputy Brady uniform is a mystery to me... possibly because he's about Joe's height and build and they just grabbed him to fill in?
            I guess being just a stand-in would be pretty dull, if I understand what stand-ins do. Which is basically stand there while the equipment is adjusted around you.
            Wasn't Chuck JF's stand-in on Atlantis? - er, never mind I just say Alipeeps post.
            Last edited by Sabine; 07 January 2010, 07:11 AM. Reason: Alipeeps answered my question.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              I guess being just a stand-in would be pretty dull, if I understand what stand-ins do. Which is basically stand there while the equipment is adjusted around you.
              Wasn't Chuck JF's stand-in on Atlantis? - er, never mind I just say Alipeeps post.
              Chuck also said he was privy to alllll the gossip cos, being a stand-in, he was on-set all day, not just for his scenes etc.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                Chuck also said he was privy to alllll the gossip cos, being a stand-in, he was on-set all day, not just for his scenes etc.
                Which would probably make the job worthwhile...
                sigpic

Comment

I was pretty much asking what stand-ins do. Hang around while the lighting and camera position is adjusted is all I can come up with. Clearly they are not stunt men.
                  sigpic

Comment

OT for general interest in the movie, since there's no specific mention of Joe , but here are a series of tweets from one of the producers:
                    from @CoyoteJacqui:
                    Spoiler:

At a meeting... Trying to cast a movie is exhausting...yet exciting and fantastic... Lovin being a producer... 2:28 PM Sep 9th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Great dinner metting... Making offers to the actors should know all soon...we may have an academy award nominee in the cast...HELLO ... XX 5:43 PM Sep 9th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

So... Casting a movie ... Creating a brand... And drinking vino... Its a good day... Xx 2:36 PM Sep 17th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

L A tickets booked... Gotta cast this movie... Yes indeed xx 10:37 AM Sep 25th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Now meeting with editor and producer for video...let the games begin... 12:36 PM Sep 25th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

So... Going to LA this week to cast the movie-Agents r sending us many great actors-I hope they do not disappoint...lol ... Can't wait xx 10:45 AM Sep 27th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

In la...meeting actors... Xx 6:25 PM Sep 30th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Off to the set... This movie is gonna be great... Xx 5:57 AM Nov 3rd, 2009 from TwitterBerry

On set in the beautiful Poconos...gotta keep people movin...let's get this done...but first a glass of vino...xoxo 4:45 PM Nov 10th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Sets looking great...actors are almost all locked...being producer aint too bad! 2:45 PM Nov 17th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Being producer isn't bad...actors are almost all locked...gettin sh** done...xxoo 2:48 PM Nov 17th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

In the poconos... Doing pre- production for the movie... So many people recognize me from the show... How funny... Love our fans xx 12:25 PM Nov 18th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

We r shooting on location in mt poconos... It is freezing... 5:06 AM Nov 28th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Ok the movie is wrapped... It should come out summer 2010...it was great... 6:25 PM Dec 28th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Robert Patrick...Hal Holbrook...Lance Henriksen...Robery Englund...Christian Kane...Samantha Mathis...Kathy Baker...and Chris Barnes made it 6:26 PM Dec 28th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Excited for everyone to see it...Cheers...executive producer Good Day For It... 6:27 PM Dec 28th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

sigpic

Comment

I was pretty much asking what stand-ins do. Hang around while the lighting and camera position is adjusted is all I can come up with. Clearly they are not stunt men.
                      Oh gosh no. Stunt men is completely different. As you said, stand-ins are basically used for blocking scenes and setting lighting etc etc so they can get everything ready to shoot and then call in the actors, rather than expecting the actors to stand around for ages and then be fresh and ready to act.

It may be in that third picture though that...

OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      ...they were blocking/lighting the strangulation scene. That would explain why it didn't look like the deputy was even fighting back etc cos they weren't really acting it for real, just the general positions or perhaps even moving through the sequence slowly so as to block it all out.

As mentioned above though, stand-in is often a secondary role for people who already work in the industry or it can be a way to try and get involved in the industry and break into acting. It worked out pretty well for Chuck! He was a jobbing actor and had done a few roles here and there when he took the job as stand-in and it obviously lead to him becoming a recurring character on the show.
                      sigpic

Comment

OT for general interest in the movie, since there's no specific mention of Joe , but here are a series of tweets from one of the producers:
                        from @CoyoteJacqui:
                        Spoiler:

At a meeting... Trying to cast a movie is exhausting...yet exciting and fantastic... Lovin being a producer... 2:28 PM Sep 9th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Great dinner metting... Making offers to the actors should know all soon...we may have an academy award nominee in the cast...HELLO ... XX 5:43 PM Sep 9th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

So... Casting a movie ... Creating a brand... And drinking vino... Its a good day... Xx 2:36 PM Sep 17th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

L A tickets booked... Gotta cast this movie... Yes indeed xx 10:37 AM Sep 25th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Now meeting with editor and producer for video...let the games begin... 12:36 PM Sep 25th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

So... Going to LA this week to cast the movie-Agents r sending us many great actors-I hope they do not disappoint...lol ... Can't wait xx 10:45 AM Sep 27th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

In la...meeting actors... Xx 6:25 PM Sep 30th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Off to the set... This movie is gonna be great... Xx 5:57 AM Nov 3rd, 2009 from TwitterBerry

On set in the beautiful Poconos...gotta keep people movin...let's get this done...but first a glass of vino...xoxo 4:45 PM Nov 10th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Sets looking great...actors are almost all locked...being producer aint too bad! 2:45 PM Nov 17th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Being producer isn't bad...actors are almost all locked...gettin sh** done...xxoo 2:48 PM Nov 17th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

In the poconos... Doing pre- production for the movie... So many people recognize me from the show... How funny... Love our fans xx 12:25 PM Nov 18th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

We r shooting on location in mt poconos... It is freezing... 5:06 AM Nov 28th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Ok the movie is wrapped... It should come out summer 2010...it was great... 6:25 PM Dec 28th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Robert Patrick...Hal Holbrook...Lance Henriksen...Robery Englund...Christian Kane...Samantha Mathis...Kathy Baker...and Chris Barnes made it 6:26 PM Dec 28th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Excited for everyone to see it...Cheers...executive producer Good Day For It... 6:27 PM Dec 28th, 2009 from TwitterBerry

Looks like a fairly short shoot - maybe that was one of the reasons JF was interested? (Trying to picture him all bundled up against the cold).
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning whumpers!

Wohoo! more movie news! thanks!!

Erika: Good luck with Uni!

Vect! Congrats on your 3000 posts!!!
                          that deserves at least ...

Comment

Totally OT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lanaganp View Post
                              oh God, oh man!!! can't believe it! LOL!!!!

thank you to stop by.

Comment

SGAFan - I just got a chance to watch your Men in Black video and it was awesome! (iconic applause)
                                The scenes you picked matched so perfectly with the lyrics, right down to the small gestures. And you got John and Rodney to sing/rap.
                                I'm going to go watch it again!

Comment

Working...
                                X