John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bandcat View Post
    everyone seem to be reading a lot of fics recently - I must admit I've not read one stargate related fic wouldn't know where to start to be honest so if anyone had any recomendations os shortish ones

only a month now til UK S5 starts - well have to start the Uk squee going
    You can find all of my fic at my LJ (click on the "My Fanfic" link in my sig) or at ffnet. Mostly Shep whump stories, of varying lengths!

The Sheppard HC LJ (also linked to in my sig) is also a good resource for Shep whump fic.
    sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!

Well, I am the proud owner of Stargate Atlantis seasons 2-4. Don't ask me why there's no season 1 because I really don't know. But it's on my list of things to buy. I'm 16-years-old, what can I say? I'm not miss money-bags. Actually, I bought it yesterday so I'm guessing Wal-Mart got it a day early...? I spent most of the night watching it. Haha, I went there for a bathing suit and got Season 4. A more than fair trade, I would say.

Anyways, as for the fic that everyone's been discussing... I haven't read it and more than likely won't. I've found I'm quite touchy when it comes to fics, so this story isn't the first one I've passed on and won't be the last. ...
      OT fic opinions...
      Spoiler:
      I don't like really dark fics. I just (usually) can't take them. Especially sexual abuse. I know, it happens, but I'm just not into reading about it.

I also tend to stay away from the really long fics and I think that has a lot to do with many of the really long ones doing something I don't usually like, which is never allowing Sheppy to heal. You know, like he gets attacked on some planet and then while he's in the infirmary, a Wraith attack comes and he gets blown up. Then he doesn't get to heal before the Replicators come... You know, the never-ending story... When it starts getting in the high 20's and 30's in chapters, I usually just pass on it and come back if I get desperate. It's not a good way of doing things because sometimes the long stories are really good ones and I just never read them.

I'm selfish in that I don't like others to be whumped. Well, as long as Shep gets the most, that's fine. Team whump's cool, but it needs to focus around Shep.

Romance... not for me. I've never been into relationships between characters. Never liked it on any show. So... I don't read any romance stories. I guess when it's really subtle or you can take it as strong friendship, it's cool.

Haha, wow. I told you I'm picky.

Anyway, speaking of fics, I'm almost done with the one I've got.
      OT about my fic
      Spoiler:
      I'm really excited about it. I don't know how people will take it, but I'm really enjoying writing it and am on the last (possibly second to last) chapter and then it needs to be beta'd. Well, the first half of the story is beta'd but my beta is going out of town and won't be able to do the others for a while. So... not sure what I'm going to do about that (wait or otherwise). I get really excited. And this is the first time I'm going to wait until the story is completely finished and mostly beta'd before I start posting. So, I've had this story for months now.

But, as I mentioned before, I'm young. I've been writing for years and I learn every time. Sometimes I look back on old stories I wrote and wonder why anyone left comments at all. I started writing for CSI and always got lots of feedback, but I made some really stupid mistakes in those stories. Like, things a 13-year-old would make. Unrealistic stuff and I didn't know what a beta was... I'm still young and still making silly mistakes, but practice makes perfect. And as long as people read and enjoy, I will continue.

I want this one to be right. I think it has potential. It's all about the ending now. Sometimes I nail the endings, sometimes, not so much. Especially with all the medical stuff in the last chapter, I will need to do lots of research. That's fine, I go to a college prep school so research is not foreign to me.

It's about Shep being in a really bad accident and in a coma, but his spirit is alive and well and walking around. It's different, like I said, but I'm hoping I did it tastefully (and understandably).

I'm just hoping it all goes well.

Alright, I'm wanting to go watch some commentaries. You guys have an awesome day.

EDIT: My driving test for my licence is tomorrow! I'm extremely nervous but I drive a lot already so I'm hoping it will be fine. Gah... I'm just bad with tests and auditions.
      sigpic

Comment

Best of luck on the driving test CAS!!

I look forward to reading your fic when you get it posted too.

SQUUEE!!! Midway is on now! I really like this eppy!
        sigpic

Comment

everyone seem to be reading a lot of fics recently - I must admit I've not read one stargate related fic wouldn't know where to start to be honest so if anyone had any recomendations os shortish ones

Here's a few places to check. Scroll through or sort by the tags. Be sure to read the summaries, warnings, and other info to find the kind of stories that you like.

Sheppard h/c - all Shep whump, all the time.

sgaflashfic - shorter fics written for specific challenges

sgagenficathon - stories written for specific prompts

stargategenrec - gen stories (that means there is little to no romance) from a variety of places recommended by others.

sheps atlantis - mostly episode tags

You'll probably find a few authors that you really enjoy. Just click on their user name to get to their LJ (live journal account) where you can find more of their work.

Also, most writers here have links to their fics (either LJ or fanfiction.net) in their sigs.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana
          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
            You can find all of my fic at my LJ (click on the "My Fanfic" link in my sig) or at ffnet. Mostly Shep whump stories, of varying lengths!

The Sheppard HC LJ (also linked to in my sig) is also a good resource for Shep whump fic.
            thanks for the links
            sigpic
            Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
              Here's a few places to check. Scroll through or sort by the tags. Be sure to read the summaries, warnings, and other info to find the kind of stories that you like.

stargategenrec - gen stories (that means there is little to no romance) from a variety of places recommended by others.

You'll probably find a few authors that you really enjoy. Just click on their user name to get to their LJ (live journal account) where you can find more of their work.

Also, most writers here have links to their fics (either LJ or fanfiction.net) in their sigs.

Thanks Ruffles!

I didn't even have half those sites bookmarked or know they existed. I do now!!
              sigpic

Comment

Authors to look out for for good Shep whump fic are (sorry but I can't post many links to LJ atm cos it's blocked at work so if I don't know the correct spelling, I can't do the link!):

There's more but I can't access LJ atm to get correct names and links.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                  Thanks Ruffles!

I didn't even have half those sites bookmarked or know they existed. I do now!!
                  YW! Just know that while some of the fics will have whump, some will not. Only sheppard_hc is devoted to Shep whump.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana
                  My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                    Best of luck on the driving test CAS!!

I look forward to reading your fic when you get it posted too.

SQUUEE!!! Midway is on now! I really like this eppy!
                    Thanks.

Aww. On the commentary for Harmony (and TMC)...
                    Spoiler:
                    There was some JoeF whump. It was a quick mention, but apparently they had to shut down production because JF got really sick. I love Shep whump, but we can leave Joe out of it. Poor thing. You know they have to be pretty sick to shut down production.

TMC - taken from the mission directive.
                    Spoiler:
                    And then most of us know about Joe getting whacked across the head during his and Jason's fight scene. And how the bombs were really close to Joe while he and Tori were running, and then when he was lifting Tori off the ground, he was drenched with dirt. Haha, that did not sound like the easiest episode for poor JF.
                    sigpic

Comment

^ Yeah JM posted on his blog about it at the time. I think JF had food poisoning or some such, wasn't it? Anyway, he was sick enough that he couldn't work and they lost a day's filming and had to rejig the schedule. Poor thing.
                      sigpic

Comment

All the writers Ali mentioned are a great read. Although some of their stories are on the longish side, like 100 pages or more.

If you're interested, I have a few shorter Shep whump stories posted on FFnet, just follow the link at the bottom of my post.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                          Thank you very much for the warning! I bookmarked it, but it sounds like something I don't want to read, especially after everyone else's comments.

Joe is such a non-conformist! I love what he wears now and I'm quite happy he hasn't gone to the new uniform. I'm even, reluctantly, okay with losing the black t-shirt of yum for the black BDUs.

Hugs, IHS! When will you get to see it?

I was having cable issues this morning, and the first thing I thought was that I might not see S&R on Friday. A little hyperventilating was going on, I tell you! I was fortunate that unplugging cable and power and then plugging them back in seems to have worked.
                          Hope for you that you will not have that problem on Friday!
                          I love the black BDU too!

***checks email*** Humpf, I haven't received a notice about the S4 DVDs shipping yet.
                          Me neither, but I probably won´t until August
                          Well, I already have the single ones (well, 3 of them )

Speaking of S4, has anyone watched the commentary for TR yet? I'd love to know if there is anything mentioned about when
                          Spoiler:
                          Ronon grabs Shep's hair in the PJ. That must have hurt!
                          I listened to the commentary

TR
                          Spoiler:
                          Well, they don´t mention the hair abuse but they said they loved it when Ronon stuns Sheppard and when Ronon said it "never gets old" - it was actually an ad-lib by Jason!

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post

It's a very dark fic, not the kind I usually read. For some reason I liked it, looks like I'm the only one.

I'm kinda sorry I recommended it.
                          Well, as everybody has already said, no need to feel sorry. To me, it was too dark but there were several positive reviews over there, so you´re not alone and no need to feel bad about admitting you liked it. How boring would the world be if we all liked the same things all the time?! It DID start lots of discussion here, though, and that´s always a good!

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Ack, wrong link!

This is the action figure theater post...

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/215414.html
                          OMG! *wipes tears from eyes*
                          Yeah girl! You NEED to turn this into a book! I´d buy it!

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

Authors to look out for for good Shep whump fic are (sorry but I can't post many links to LJ atm cos it's blocked at work so if I don't know the correct spelling, I can't do the link!):

There's more but I can't access LJ atm to get correct names and links.
                          wow!! Lots of new sources to dig for treasure! Thanks, Ruffles and Ali!

Originally posted by causeAscene View Post
                          Thanks.

Aww. On the commentary for Harmony (and TMC)...
                          Spoiler:
                          There was some JoeF whump. It was a quick mention, but apparently they had to shut down production because JF got really sick. I love Shep whump, but we can leave Joe out of it. Poor thing. You know they have to be pretty sick to shut down production.

TMC - taken from the mission directive.
                          Spoiler:
                          And then most of us know about Joe getting whacked across the head during his and Jason's fight scene. And how the bombs were really close to Joe while he and Tori were running, and then when he was lifting Tori off the ground, he was drenched with dirt. Haha, that did not sound like the easiest episode for poor JF.
                          ^ Yeah JM posted on his blog about it at the time. I think JF had food poisoning or some such, wasn't it? Anyway, he was sick enough that he couldn't work and they lost a day's filming and had to rejig the schedule. Poor thing.
                          Yeah, I remember that too. Such a nasty thing to suffer from too! Wouldn´t wish that on anybody, not even Shep!

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                          picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                            I listened to the commentary

TR
                            Spoiler:
                            Well, they don´t mention the hair abuse but they said they loved it when Ronon stuns Sheppard and when Ronon said it "never gets old" - it was actually an ad-lib by Jason!
                            Really? That's so cool! I did actually kinda wonder if it was cos when I saw Jason at Collectormania last November someone asked about that episode and he asked
                            Spoiler:
                            "Is that that one where I get to shoot Joe?" and then immediately grinned, "That never gets old" It seemed such a Jason thing to say and made me wonder if the line in the ep was Jason's doing too!
                            sigpic

Comment

Really? That's so cool! I did actually kinda wonder if it was cos when I saw Jason at Collectormania last November someone asked about that episode and he asked
                              Spoiler:
                              "Is that that one where I get to shoot Joe?" and then immediately grinned, "That never gets old" It seemed such a Jason thing to say and made me wonder if the line in the ep was Jason's doing too!
                              Yeah, I was wondering when Jason would admit that since "Conversion" commentary,
                              Spoiler:
                              when David Hewlett said "Ronon just loooooves shooting Sheppard"

but it would be tough to answer "is that the one where you shoot Sheppard?" because, well, it kinda happens a lot with these two! LOL

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                              picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                                Thank you

It's a very dark fic, not the kind I usually read. For some reason I liked it, looks like I'm the only one.

I'm kinda sorry I recommended it.
                                Oh gosh don't ever stop recc'ing fics, I need them!!! I hardly ever find good fics on my own I have liked the others you recc'd

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                                Interview with JM and Bob Picardo:

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/sm...tlantis?page=2

cool thanks.

ooo SGA fics are awesome especially the whump ones, I hardly ever read fics from other shows but I am addicted to Shep whump and there are some awesome writers in the whump thread. When I first joined this thread I was told about the WASP archive on FFnet, not sure if it gets kept up-to-date anymore, but that was a fantastic place to start for me, I read so much fic in that week, I was addicted!!

Originally posted by causeAscene View Post
                                Hello everyone!

Well, I am the proud owner of Stargate Atlantis seasons 2-4. Don't ask me why there's no season 1 because I really don't know. But it's on my list of things to buy. I'm 16-years-old, what can I say? I'm not miss money-bags. Actually, I bought it yesterday so I'm guessing Wal-Mart got it a day early...? I spent most of the night watching it. Haha, I went there for a bathing suit and got Season 4. A more than fair trade, I would say.

Anyways, as for the fic that everyone's been discussing... I haven't read it and more than likely won't. I've found I'm quite touchy when it comes to fics, so this story isn't the first one I've passed on and won't be the last. ...
                                OT fic opinions...
                                Spoiler:
                                I don't like really dark fics. I just (usually) can't take them. Especially sexual abuse. I know, it happens, but I'm just not into reading about it.

I also tend to stay away from the really long fics and I think that has a lot to do with many of the really long ones doing something I don't usually like, which is never allowing Sheppy to heal. You know, like he gets attacked on some planet and then while he's in the infirmary, a Wraith attack comes and he gets blown up. Then he doesn't get to heal before the Replicators come... You know, the never-ending story... When it starts getting in the high 20's and 30's in chapters, I usually just pass on it and come back if I get desperate. It's not a good way of doing things because sometimes the long stories are really good ones and I just never read them.

I'm selfish in that I don't like others to be whumped. Well, as long as Shep gets the most, that's fine. Team whump's cool, but it needs to focus around Shep.

Romance... not for me. I've never been into relationships between characters. Never liked it on any show. So... I don't read any romance stories. I guess when it's really subtle or you can take it as strong friendship, it's cool.

Haha, wow. I told you I'm picky.

Anyway, speaking of fics, I'm almost done with the one I've got.
                                OT about my fic
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm really excited about it. I don't know how people will take it, but I'm really enjoying writing it and am on the last (possibly second to last) chapter and then it needs to be beta'd. Well, the first half of the story is beta'd but my beta is going out of town and won't be able to do the others for a while. So... not sure what I'm going to do about that (wait or otherwise). I get really excited. And this is the first time I'm going to wait until the story is completely finished and mostly beta'd before I start posting. So, I've had this story for months now.

But, as I mentioned before, I'm young. I've been writing for years and I learn every time. Sometimes I look back on old stories I wrote and wonder why anyone left comments at all. I started writing for CSI and always got lots of feedback, but I made some really stupid mistakes in those stories. Like, things a 13-year-old would make. Unrealistic stuff and I didn't know what a beta was... I'm still young and still making silly mistakes, but practice makes perfect. And as long as people read and enjoy, I will continue.

I want this one to be right. I think it has potential. It's all about the ending now. Sometimes I nail the endings, sometimes, not so much. Especially with all the medical stuff in the last chapter, I will need to do lots of research. That's fine, I go to a college prep school so research is not foreign to me.

It's about Shep being in a really bad accident and in a coma, but his spirit is alive and well and walking around. It's different, like I said, but I'm hoping I did it tastefully (and understandably).

I'm just hoping it all goes well.

Alright, I'm wanting to go watch some commentaries. You guys have an awesome day.

EDIT: My driving test for my licence is tomorrow! I'm extremely nervous but I drive a lot already so I'm hoping it will be fine. Gah... I'm just bad with tests and auditions.
                                Good luck!!!

Prion don't ever change, you make me laugh, I love it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X