John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on 11400, GG and 3100, Salty!!

Time for an ep of SGA for me. 15 days and I will be a-squeeing!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
      GAH! I accidently opened a spoiler. I am never going to survive the next two weeks.
      give in to teh Dark Side, Lorr...you don't know the power of the WHUMP...!

*breathes heavily*
      sigpic
      My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Well, I gotta revise my priorities and change some things in my life. I haven't seen S&R in like one day!!!

Seriously, I still can't get over that one! Best one ever by a mile!!
        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Congrats to all the milestoners, including:

Pisces,
          Salty
          GG!

Intruder is on SciFi now, and I've seen the long promo twice and a new, short one once! WooHoo!!!

Last Stand was one of the worst movies I have ever seen! I wanted to ask for my money back.

Oh, I feel your pain - NOT!!!

I would say you are well prepared!

I must say catching up went fast today, but I am very sad at missing out on all the discussion and squee.
          Oh, don't worry. I've still got loads to say about S and R. I'm saving it all for 12th when you've seen it!

I was absolutely horrified when I saw Last Stand. I've only seen it the once, at the cinema, and have no wish to ever see it again. I was so upset and angry about certain aspects of the film. GROWL!

Are the promo's any good? Or are they the same one's as we've seen already? Because, from what I've seen, they don't seem that good this year.
          Originally posted by Pocus View Post
          Thanks! Back is slightly better but now throat is acting up again. 2008 has been an rough year for my health. Thank God nothing big (knock wood) but one little thing after another.

Shep needs the whumping and I think there is a rumor about a bit of it in some show called Search and Divide...no..um Sink and Find....ah, no....hmmm! Well for the life of me I can't recall the title, but I know I am excited to see it in 15 days!!! (or so for me)
          You've been really unlucky this year! Get well soon!
          I hope you're going to get some sleep tonight!

I know there will be squee aplenty, but I feel like the kid whose been sent to bed right before the party starts.

Hmmm...sorry can't help you.

Hope your sore throat doesn't develop into anything bad.
          Don't worry, and I know how you feel. I had to wait months to see season 2 of SGA after it had aired in the US. At least you've only got another....hmmmm, 2 weeks? SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Time is flying by, and believe me, it's well worth the wait!
          Originally posted by sherryw View Post
          A future whumper.

Pocus I hope you feel better.

Pisces congrats.

Wow it didn't take long to catch up today.

OK I have to make a confession.

S&R
          Spoiler:
          I saw the episode. *hangs head in shame* I don't know how I'm going to face Salty. Well she knows I'm a spoiler whore and this was definitely a spoiler.

But it's been really hard not being able to squee with you guys. I was trying to keep a low profile.

I really think that this has been the best episode ever. I loved Common Ground, but this bypassed that. The level of acting that both Joe and Jason, but especially Joe did was absolutely brilliant. This episode had just about everything a whumper could want. I have been watching it over and over again and I look forward to when everyone can see it.
          Don't hang your head in shame If something's there and you want to and can see it, why not do it? I mean we're talking about a tv show, not holding out on choccie for lent or something and giving in. Because giving it to choccie WOULD mean you need to hang your head in shame!
          S and R:
          Spoiler:

I have to say, I thought the acting in S and R was just some of the best I've seen from everyone, but most especially Joe. Jason was wonderful too, as was Amanda. David and Rachel weren't bad either! Seriously, what a great cast! What a great episode, and what a fantastic season opener. It so far exceeded my expectations, I can't quite get over it, and have to keep pinching myself!

I honestly have never seen Sheppard looking so ill. He was pale, heavy eyed and sweaty and barely holding it together at times. Yet his determination and strength of character really showed through. The lengths this man would go to to save Teyla, a teammate... it just made me love the character even more than ever. And the team love was so palpable! I can't tell you how much I squeed at the team love! And their caring for Shep. I don't think there was one thing I disliked in S and R, and there were so many wonderful touches that just made me so happy to be a fan of SGA.

The vis effects were top notch, the story was well paced, and I still can't believe how good it all was! Hehe!

I really think this is a good sign that the rest of the eppies will be excellent too!

Enough rambling. Don't worry Lorr, there's plenty more where that came from and I'll be talking nineteen to the dozen once S and R has aired on Skiffy! SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!
          Good for you, Salty! There are a couple of us, though not many, that haven't seen S&R. I must admit to have peeked at some pics, but I don't know a whole heck of a lot. We have only 15 days. That isn't long at all.
          Only 14 days now!
          S&R
          Spoiler:
          I'm right up there with you. That had to be one of the best scenes of the show. Joe played that so good.

Whumper down!!!

Well since I"m already down I guess I'll head out for the evening. Night everyone!
          Night! I have been on the floor periodically since I saw S and R!
          Salty, in my little misery, I totally did not commiserate on the con! That so completely chomps. I hope they do reschedule.

GAH! I accidently opened a spoiler. I am never going to survive the next two weeks.
          That's a pain! I went into S and R not knowing that much really. Suffice it to say, it didn't pan out as I thought it would and I was so pleasantly surprised about some aspects of the episode that...well, I don't think I've ever felt like I did when watching it before really. So, avoid spoilers at all costs! You want to go in blind, if you can, IMO. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
            *cries piteously*

I used to be able to do that, until my beloved Archos got stolen in the burglary.

Really must get the insurance claim sorted so I can get a replacement... of course I'll then have to spend ages putting all my lovely SGA vids etc back on it.
            Oh Ali...I am so sorry!!!...I didn't realise you had lost your Archie..

Originally posted by miniglik View Post
            Okay, this is only vaguely related to Shep Whump (mostly, I keep rewatching episodes like Conversion and Common Ground), but it cracked me up.

Signs you may have watched Stargate Atlantis too much recently:

Your four year old pulls out a tamborine, sets it on its side, and marches Larry the Cucumber through "the wormhole."
            Yup..thats definately a SGA fan in the making!!.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
            Thanks! Back is slightly better but now throat is acting up again. 2008 has been an rough year for my health. Thank God nothing big (knock wood) but one little thing after another.

Shep needs the whumping and I think there is a rumor about a bit of it in some show called Search and Divide...no..um Sink and Find....ah, no....hmmm! Well for the life of me I can't recall the title, but I know I am excited to see it in 15 days!!! (or so for me)
            Get well soon Pocus..and I really don't know what you are talking about, is it 'sposed to be good?....
            sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Originally posted by taffy rose View Post
              CONGRATS PISCES and as for the wardrobe discussion SEXY SHEP LOOKS MIGHTY FINE IN ANYTHING BUT HERE"S HOPING WE GET A BOXERS PEEKABOO IN SEASON 5 ;-)
              Sadly the black shirt, much as I do like it, has pretty much put paid to any peekage.

Originally posted by Salty View Post
              *peeks in* Pocus said it was safe to come in Still don't know anything about S&R and I'm keeping it that way! Knightie tried to convince me to watch since I was meeting Connor Trinneer on the 11th but the whole dang Con got cancelled so no Con, no Connor, no S&R spoilers during the day!

So while I wait for my Shep whump, I've been watching the BBC Robin Hood. I need something to pass the time - too bad I only have the first 7 eps!!
              Awww what a shame the con got cancelled.

We're pretty much trying to keep the squeee and discussion down to a minimum in here and saving ourselves for a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge squeeefest once the ep has aired. And we're pretty good at tagging so you should be safe enough.

Originally posted by bebop View Post
              Oh Ali...I am so sorry!!!...I didn't realise you had lost your Archie..
              Yeah. Am gutted about it. I miss it so much. It was an awesome gadget ad I used it every day - and more than that it had sentimental value as it was a Valentine's present from hubby (that's the second time one of his Valentine's gifts to me has been stolen ). I'm also pretty sure I had some stuff on there that I don't have anywhere else - like stuff I had recorded directly off the TV (like AoT for example!). We really need to get the claim sorted but it's a fiddly process and we've been so distracted with other stuff we've just not gotten around to it.
              sigpic

Comment

Congrats pisces, salty and GG on your milestones
                sigpic
                Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Agh. I'm tying to write a press release for the summer reading challenge, and all I can think about is S & R. I can't persuade my brain to think about anything else. Is there a cure for this?

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                    Agh. I'm tying to write a press release for the summer reading challenge, and all I can think about is S & R. I can't persuade my brain to think about anything else. Is there a cure for this?
                    Not that I've found. Sorry!
                    sigpic

Comment

*peeks in* Pocus said it was safe to come in Still don't know anything about S&R and I'm keeping it that way! Knightie tried to convince me to watch since I was meeting Connor Trinneer on the 11th but the whole dang Con got cancelled so no Con, no Connor, no S&R spoilers during the day!

So while I wait for my Shep whump, I've been watching the BBC Robin Hood. I need something to pass the time - too bad I only have the first 7 eps!!
                      Sorry to hear about the con, Salty.

Congrats on 11400, GG and 3100, Salty!!

Time for an ep of SGA for me. 15 days and I will be a-squeeing!
                      Congrats to all the milestoners!
                      sigpic

Comment

A future whumper.

Pocus I hope you feel better.

Pisces congrats.

Wow it didn't take long to catch up today.

OK I have to make a confession.

S&R
                        Spoiler:
                        I saw the episode. *hangs head in shame* I don't know how I'm going to face Salty. Well she knows I'm a spoiler whore and this was definitely a spoiler.

But it's been really hard not being able to squee with you guys. I was trying to keep a low profile.

I really think that this has been the best episode ever. I loved Common Ground, but this bypassed that. The level of acting that both Joe and Jason, but especially Joe did was absolutely brilliant. This episode had just about everything a whumper could want. I have been watching it over and over again and I look forward to when everyone can see it.
                        ITA on everything

Sorry to hear that Salty! That sucks!

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                        ohhhhh poor you!!! ((((HUGS)))) - and Connor's such a sweetheart!! I hope they reschedule the con Salty, because he really is worth the price of admission!!

Whump tarts, fuschia? *puts hand up*
                        My name is LCEB, and I am a Whump Tart. I've been one since I first saw "38 Minutes" and haven't been able to function normally unless I see Shep bloodied and in pain since then...

and...as such a self-confessed whump tart...I ...had to...I couldn't resist...those....caps...they....called to me....I...SUCCUMBED to S&R...

S&R:
                        Spoiler:
                        OMG, when Ronon pulled that spike out of Shep's side, and Shep's pained gasping/stoic refusal to scream,....*THUNK*

If he were on his feet, he'd've been heroically staggering, that's for sure...

*floats away to whumper heaven*
                        Also ITA on everything
                        *Floats along*
                        Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                        Save Our Seeker!
                        LotS on LJ.

Comment

A Question regarding S & R....

Spoiler:
                          For those of you who have seen it......where can I see it??? I've seen the 'pic spam', now I want to watch it! Do I HAVE to wait till July 11th? LOLOL...

Comment

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
                            A Question regarding S & R....

Spoiler:
                            For those of you who have seen it......where can I see it??? I've seen the 'pic spam', now I want to watch it! Do I HAVE to wait till July 11th? LOLOL...
                            Sorry, hon. Discussion of such things isn't allowed on GW.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Not that I've found. Sorry!
                              Oh no! You mean I've got to spend the rest of my life doomed to daydream about Shep, unable to concentrate on the thrilling talk about performance management and strategic plans and corporate objectives that surround me. Oh woe is me!

I've just been doing some final proof-reading of a story over lunch. I have it all ready to go... but I can't think of a title! *wails* If I can't come up with one soon, I might be reduced to picking random words from random pages of the books around me. Let's see... "Wheat underpants". Perhaps not. "Misalignment crimes." "Dangerous kangaroos." "Naughty curriculum." No, I don't think this idea works. Though I am slightly tempted to write the "dangerous kangaroos" Shep-whump story.

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                                Oh no! You mean I've got to spend the rest of my life doomed to daydream about Shep, unable to concentrate on the thrilling talk about performance management and strategic plans and corporate objectives that surround me. Oh woe is me!

Though I am slightly tempted to write the "dangerous kangaroos" Shep-whump story.
                                Are you sure you really want to be cured??

About the kangaroos - they really can be dangerous, especially the wild ones...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X