No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to ask my fellow whumpers a very serious question.

Is anyone else totally obsessed by the artwork and subsequent piccies on JM's blog concerning S and R, or is it just me who stares at them, comparing, speculating and just going googley eyed?

I really am starting to get out of control here!!!! Is there a detox programme suitable to help me?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post

Is anyone else totally obsessed by the artwork and subsequent piccies on JM's blog concerning S and R, or is it just me who stares at them, comparing, speculating and just going googley eyed?

I really am starting to get out of control here!!!! Is there a detox programme suitable to help me?
      Do I have to say yes if I have the concept art as my desktop? I am a little worried that we have four months for obsessions to grow, will it come to the whumpers taking a picture of it with them everywhere, dragging it around with them like a toddler with a security blanket ? Maybe we should only be allowed to look at it on Mondays and Fridays and in between we have to look at regular whump pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        by playing here!!!!!!!!
        Hmmm. I just wish I had never seen those pics. I really really wanted to stay spoiler free and now look at me. It has all gone down the drain...

Does anyone know when the Box set for Season 4 will be out at least? That would help! But knowing our luck and MGM, it'll probably be July, too...
        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Ahhhhh.. home sweet home. Where I can play on the computer to my heart's content... but the internet is only working very slowly. Ah well. Swings and roundabouts I guess...

*holds up hand* Errr. Me too. I've spent *far* too many hours just gazing at them, taking in all the wonderful details and daydreaming about what we're actually going to see in the ep!
          sigpic

Comment

*tiptoes into thread and waves tentitively*...Hello, my name is Bebop and I think I may be a Shep whumper. I cannot get the image of a sweaty, blood covered, trembling Shep out of my head...is there anything I can do...?
            sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
              Hmmm. I just wish I had never seen those pics. I really really wanted to stay spoiler free and now look at me. It has all gone down the drain...

Does anyone know when the Box set for Season 4 will be out at least? That would help! But knowing our luck and MGM, it'll probably be July, too...
              Well I'm staying strong(ish). I'm still spoiler-free other than the S&R pics. I've accidentally caught a couple of S&R details I didn't want to know through the hazards of clicking on tags discussing the pics but I know no details and have stopped clicking on any tags unless clearly labelled as pic only. I really enjoyed being mostly spoiler-free for the last 3 eps of Season 4 and I really want to give it my best shot for Season 5.

That said, I'm quite happy with knowing the little bit I know about S&R from the pic - it doesn't really tell me much I didn't already know/suspect as the events of the closing moment of TLM make something along those lines inevitable.. and it's sooooo wonderful to be able to squeeee over it and to know we have something (though I've no idea what beyond the basic concept of the pictures) to look forward to in the ep!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                Do I have to say yes if I have the concept art as my desktop? I am a little worried that we have four months for obsessions to grow, will it come to the whumpers taking a picture of it with them everywhere, dragging it around with them like a toddler with a security blanket ? Maybe we should only be allowed to look at it on Mondays and Fridays and in between we have to look at regular whump pics?
                I put it on my Archos and I took it to work on Saturday so that I could drool over it during my lunchbreak...
                sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                  It's my desktop background too! When I leave the house I feel withdrawal symptoms already. I hope JM posts something else whumpy or I'm going to go insane looking at the same piccie all the time! I think I am a toddler and that piccie IS my security blanket!
                  Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Ahhhhh.. home sweet home. Where I can play on the computer to my heart's content... but the internet is only working very slowly. Ah well. Swings and roundabouts I guess...

*holds up hand* Errr. Me too. I've spent *far* too many hours just gazing at them, taking in all the wonderful details and daydreaming about what we're actually going to see in the ep!
                  Sigh.... me too. I need help!
                  Originally posted by bebop View Post
                  *tiptoes into thread and waves tentitively*...Hello, my name is Bebop and I think I may be a Shep whumper. I cannot get the image of a sweaty, blood covered, trembling Shep out of my head...is there anything I can do...?
                  Well, I can speak from the benefit of experience. The bad news is.... there's nothing you can do. The good news is...there is nothing you can do....BUT you can hang out here with your whumpy mates and be nuts together!
                  sigpic

Comment

You are not alone! I peek at them every chance I get and then I try to line up the

Spoiler:
                    ...Shep battered and broken pic with the subsequent pics of bloody wreckage and try and figure out exactly how tumbled and torn Shep's body is actually going to be!!!!!!!

Oh, and there is no detox program available!

sigs by the talented CazzBlade, elephantgirl,CKO, kali1, csom, Luciana, Torri012 and rachel d..thanks so much!

Comment

Yes. Sit yourself down on a comfy sofa, if at all possible with a large supply of maltesers and champage, and watch any - or all - of the following Stargate: Atlantis episodes:

38 Minutes
                      The Defiant One
                      Aurora
                      Instinct
                      Conversion
                      Irresistible
                      Common Ground
                      Echoes
                      Submersion
                      The Ark
                      Travelers
                      Doppelganger
                      Tabula Rasa
                      Outcast
                      The Last Man

Repeat as necessary.
                      sigpic

Comment

I put it on my Archos and I took it to work on Saturday so that I could drool over it during my lunchbreak...
                        Oooh now that's a fabby idea! Yay for the Archos! I can carry the pic with me wherever I go!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chensuu View Post
                          You are not alone! I peek at them every chance I get and then I try to line up the

Spoiler:
                          ...Shep battered and broken pic with the subsequent pics of bloody wreckage and try and figure out exactly how tumbled and torn Shep's body is actually going to be!!!!!!!

Oh, and there is no detox program available!
                          Phew. I'm glad it's not just me...and Peg...
                          That's my girl!
                          sigpic

Comment

*stands up & clears throat* hi my name is Charlie and I am totally and utterly slightly obsessed with a certain spoilerish picture recenty posted. *sits down*

Do I want to detox - no

Comment

Not being a whumper, I wouldn't know, however it seems like quite a severe condition, I think you may need professional help, I would try and get a consultation with one of the professionals, maybe Dr Linzi, Consultant Peggy, Professor SheppyD or many of the other professionals who wander into the threads they are well versed on these things and sometimes spend time on the threads for reasearch purposes

Comment

You mean by having it as your desktop wallpaper at home and at work, and then getting the magnifying glass out to look over it square inch by square inch. Then compaing that pic, with the other two that were posted onto Mr M's blog, then blowing them up (although not literally) and looking at it longingly whilst thinking up whumpy scenarios. Then once you've done that, compare the artwork and pics upside down, side by side, before then getting out the photoshop to overlap and merge the two pics.

Then of course once they're merged, pray and hope that the pic actually gets on the ep, and that this isn't some whump fantasy as you'd never get over it. So you stare longingly at it for hours thinking how it came to be, what happens next, will what you want to happen happen, or will you be disappointed. Then when going to work you think of the pic and you smile and try not to look like a nutter, but somehow you've got a spring in your step and people are asking you why you look so happy....

You mean that????

Nah, sorry, hon, you're absolutely whacko! I've not felt like that at all.

*goes back to work*

Comment

Working...
                                X