No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know what <3 was either, Ruffles, don't be embarassed. It's a heart.
    My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
    Sig and avi by me
    Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks for the picspam Atair!! Much enjoyable.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

Fab sig!

Don't fastforward if you can avoid it.
        Spoiler:
        Other than the idea of explosive tumors, it's truly one of the best eps they've ever done. Really funny moments, great friendship moments, good tension, incredibly sad.

Spoiler:
        I know, I know. But I squirm when it comes to the really sad parts. I can't handle it. They're so wondeful yet, so difficult to get through.
        Last edited by chokolaj; 13 July 2007, 02:15 PM. Reason: oops
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chokolaj View Post
          Thanks

Hey Kodiak, speaking of long plotted whump fics, when are we gonna see another one from you????!
          Sadly, it'll be a while. I'm going to finish the WIP right now then an episode coda story (not too short but not long and plotty necessarily). When those are done then it's back to long plotty but then it takes a while now to write so, not in the immediate future. I so wish I could rattle them out like I used to!
          sigpic

Comment

Hello whumpers!

I'm just back from seeing HP!

I've loved catching up with all the Sheppy talk. I agree we have no evidence Shep hates infirmaries or doctors. However, Echoes showed us that
            Spoiler:
            he will try to leave the infirmary without permission if he feels he needs to do something important. That is now canon, and when I watched that I really squeed, because Shep and McKay, particularly Shep escaping the infimary without Beckett's permission has sort of always been FF canon, and to see it confirmed on the show was a really great moment for me. Same when Shep beat Rodney, spoilers for The Game
            Spoiler:
            at chess
            I seriously squeed myself senseless at that too!

Anyway, enough of my rambling! I really hope we get more moments like the two above in season 4... especially anything involving Shep in the infirmary!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
              Hello whumpers!

I'm just back from seeing HP!

Anyway, enough of my rambling! I really hope we get more moments like the two above in season 4... especially anything involving Shep in the infirmary!
              Ooh - hope HP was fantastic.

You know what's even better - Shep escaping the infirmary and running into more whumpy situations and unable to get back when he absolutely should be in the infirmary.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chokolaj View Post
                Ooh - hope HP was fantastic.

You know what's even better - Shep escaping the infirmary and running into more whumpy situations and unable to get back when he absolutely should be in the infirmary.
                I enjoyed HP personally!

I want an eppie where a sick/injured Shep leaves the infirmary, kicks ass and ends up back in the infirmary worse than he was the first time and gets a ticking off from Keller/Carter/whoever! Hee hee!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                  Sadly, it'll be a while. I'm going to finish the WIP right now then an episode coda story (not too short but not long and plotty necessarily). When those are done then it's back to long plotty but then it takes a while now to write so, not in the immediate future. I so wish I could rattle them out like I used to!
                  I know what you mean. I've been having a terrible time trying to get something going. Now I've teamed up with another author and hopefully together we'll come up with something whumpilicious!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                    Oh, hello, finally, that fic I mentioned yesterday, the one shot, I got it done and it's posted here: http://community.livejournal.com/sga...32.html#cutid1

It's for the flashfic so it won't be posted anywhere else for a short while. It's not a long plotty whumper but hopefully it'll be a satisfying fast read.
                    Yay. New Kodiak fic!

I was planning to get some more writing done tonight after making a good start yesterday but I've ended up making business calls to the US until gone 9pm and then we ordered a takeaway for dinner and watched TV while we ate and then I've had some really pretty crummy news that's left me feeling rather upset and weepy and not really feeling in the best place to be writing. *sigh*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      I enjoyed HP personally!

I want an eppie where a sick/injured Shep leaves the infirmary, kicks ass and ends up back in the infirmary worse than he was the first time and gets a ticking off from Keller/Carter/whoever! Hee hee!
                      Oh yeah that's more like it!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I see JM's blog is up early today. Sadly no spoilers today or any questions answered that are Shep or whump related.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                          SSQQUUEEEEE!!! It's Friday the 13th!! It's gonna be a great day!

Wow, more indepth and thoughtful discussions this morning. I am looking forward to S4. I guess the way I see it, SgA hasn't peaked yet and that means the show has only one way to go...UP! I dunno, while I would love to see some quality Shep backstory and all around development, I'm not going to sweat it anymore if I don't see it. I'll just admire the man on the screen and be wow'd by his acting abilities. I usually don't bother to nitpick episodes unless its something huge or artistic license has been taken too far cough echoes cough. I'm excited for S4, optimisitc its going to be a great season, and oh, and looking forward to seeing some whump.
                          I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.
                          How do you get to watch Shep's six- is there a duty roster I can sign?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                            Yay. New Kodiak fic!

I was planning to get some more writing done tonight after making a good start yesterday but I've ended up making business calls to the US until gone 9pm and then we ordered a takeaway for dinner and watched TV while we ate and then I've had some really pretty crummy news that's left me feeling rather upset and weepy and not really feeling in the best place to be writing. *sigh*
                            Glad to hear you're writing again. I will not get into how frustrated I am regarding Ill Wind not getting updated but alas, good things come to those who wait, am I right?

I hope everything is all right regarding the crummy news.
                            Last edited by chokolaj; 13 July 2007, 02:56 PM. Reason: oops
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                              I agree with you really. Apart from always wanting more whump ( especially intubation - of course) I am really trying to not get too overly concerned about what we will and what we will not get in s4 - otherwise I will will have no squee left by the time it airs.

I am actually having squee issues at the moment. By reading /hearing about all the complaints about SGA around GW I am starting to wonder what it is about the show I enjoy - I am almost associating the show with misery rather than joy - which is probably why I have started to watch other whumpy stuff rather than hang around the threads.

I did watch a couple of shumpy eps the other day though and it does remind me how much I love Sheppy and Sheppy whump and all in all I love watching the show despite its faults.....so I am hanging on to that thought until the new eps air!

Just saw this post ( I'm backtracking). If you think about it, less backstory means less canon. That opens a lot of avenues for fanfic that could otherwise be constrained. I'm torn in this regard. I really want to see more of Shep's story told a la Sateda but on the otherhand, I can read fanfic and pick and choose the backstory I like and use my own imagination to fill in the gaps. Once TPTB speak, they may not provide an answer that everyone likes. Maybe that's why they are taking so long to come up with a story- they realize the pressure they are under. However, if the backstory comes from JF's story idea, then I'll be fine with it because he obviously has the best understanding of his character and it would be hard to argue with a story line if he is comfortable with it. I trust JF's judgement in regard to storys and episodes- the ones he is high on tend to be my favorite ones also.

On a completely different topic, how do you post with the spoiler thingy?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate_Strider View Post

On a completely different topic, how do you post with the spoiler thingy?
                                When you click on post reply, up top there with all those symbols - click on the ! icon and you'll see the "spoilers" in 2 sets of brackets - place your info between those 2 sets of brackets. Test it first if you're unsure.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X