No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmm......a big THANKS to all of you who have posted Shep in all his glorious whumpiness. It warms my wittle whumpy heart to see him like that. Especially the larger shot of my siggy pic from "Epiphany". ::falls over::

I may make this a Shep Whump weekend. Read some fics, watch some Shepisodes......yes, sounds like a plan to me.

Back to "Sunday" for just a minute though.
    Spoiler:
    as much as I loved those little segments with Shep and Ronon and the golf and that game I personally think Ronon made up.......how much would I have loved to have Shep be the recipient of that piece of shrapnel that Teyla got whumped with? Then he could have escaped from the Infirmary to help out, even though he was still bleeding badly........whoa......and I'm rewriting this whole episode now.

IHS
    sigpic

Comment

You know *echoes talk*
      Spoiler:
      I adored this episode first of all, even though Rodney and John got *better* while everyone else worsened, and the infirmary part...LMAO, it was SO cute and Ali, like you, I squeeed because it was like this massive nod to fanon (no matter how unintentional).

And any show where Sheppard lands in the infirmary is bound to top the list. *shameless grin*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Yay. New Kodiak fic!

I was planning to get some more writing done tonight after making a good start yesterday but I've ended up making business calls to the US until gone 9pm and then we ordered a takeaway for dinner and watched TV while we ate and then I've had some really pretty crummy news that's left me feeling rather upset and weepy and not really feeling in the best place to be writing. *sigh*
        I'm sorry about your news but maybe there'll be a turn for both of us and we'll get some writing done. I know you used to be a pretty productive powerhouse too, what happened to us LOL! Maybe it's like batteries, we need down time to recharge, right?

I had tried to finish this yesterday but just couldn't get the time. My friend called and two hours and some change later I begged off (but I love her so it wasn't a huge deal, but then hubby came home and well, there it went hehe).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
          I'm sorry about your news but maybe there'll be a turn for both of us and we'll get some writing done. I know you used to be a pretty productive powerhouse too, what happened to us LOL! Maybe it's like batteries, we need down time to recharge, right?

I had tried to finish this yesterday but just couldn't get the time. My friend called and two hours and some change later I begged off (but I love her so it wasn't a huge deal, but then hubby came home and well, there it went hehe).
          I used to write so much and so quickly. And I really have been struggling now since at least October/November last year. And I don't know why. I have plenty of ideas and I want to write... I just never seem to feel like it/feel motivated. I kinda want the ideas out of my head and onto paper without the hassle of having to write the damn things. Writing does feel like a hassle and it's rare that I actually feel like writing like I did yesterday. I've managed to force myself to write and given time I can produce stuff I am reasonably happy with but it feels an awfully long and tortuous process and I find myself agonising over the right word or particular phrasing and just not progressing anywhere near as quickly as I'd like to. And so, in a vicious circle, that puts me off from even wanting to start.
          Last edited by Alipeeps; 13 July 2007, 03:51 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chokolaj View Post
            Thanks for the picspam Atair!! Much enjoyable.
            You're welcome and btw great siggy

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            Hello whumpers!

I'm just back from seeing HP!

I've loved catching up with all the Sheppy talk. I agree we have no evidence Shep hates infirmaries or doctors. However, Echoes showed us that
            Spoiler:
            he will try to leave the infirmary without permission if he feels he needs to do something important. That is now canon, and when I watched that I really squeed, because Shep and McKay, particularly Shep escaping the infimary without Beckett's permission has sort of always been FF canon, and to see it confirmed on the show was a really great moment for me. Same when Shep beat Rodney, spoilers for The Game
            Spoiler:
            at chess
            I seriously squeed myself senseless at that too!
            Spoiler:
            The escape from the infirmary was great I loved that scene. I think he'd have stayed in the infirmary if atlantis hadnt been in danger. But he just couldn't sit around when atlants or his team were at risk. Like in Conversion were he wanted to be on the mission with his team to find him a cure. He didn't like it that they were risking their lives while he was "sitting on his mutating hands"

The Game
            Spoiler:
            That's were I squeeed too. That he beat Rodney at chess I think this was straight out of FF. But on the other hand it's canon that he's a great tactician we saw that in the storm/the eye and he's a math genius, he even could have joined MENSA, so there always was a possibïlity that he's better at chess than Rodney. And TPTB just confirmed it.

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            I enjoyed HP personally!

I want an eppie where a sick/injured Shep leaves the infirmary, kicks ass and ends up back in the infirmary worse than he was the first time and gets a ticking off from Keller/Carter/whoever! Hee hee!
            Yay, *joins Linzi and is waiting for such an ep*

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7 View Post
              That's what killed my squee. The disappointment in what coulda been/shouldabeen, was promised to be, but wasn't.

I adored the Shep moments of every ep, although during TAO I really couldn't get past my "That should be Shep. Why isn't it Shep" And in too many eps where everyone BUT Shep got whumped, seeing that sucked alot of joy out of the eps for me. I love watching Shep be a hero. Be funny. Be flirty. Just be Shep. I may have to do alot of fast fwding in season 4. I'm hardwired to hate every Carter/McKay scene...heh...but I will drool and squee over Shep. Always have. Always will. Go Joe!

Me again- this is it, I think I have caught up. I never thought of TAO as a Shep episode because I think it would be very easy for him to ascend (because of "Epiphany") and I don't see him doing all the touchy feely stuff that Rodney was doing. I could see an episode where Shep is suspended between life and death ( from major Whump) and while the team is trying to reach him, he interacts with the Ancients and picks that bone he has with them ( he mentioned it in "Progeny"). He has a connection with those who have Ascended (Chaya and Teer) and I could see him being confrontational , unaccepting , and demanding of answers before the Ascended ones just send him back.

Speaking of "Epiphany", does anyone know what JF's original story was about before it got totally overhauled and changed?
              sigpic

Comment

When you click on post reply, up top there with all those symbols - click on the ! icon and you'll see the "spoilers" in 2 sets of brackets - place your info between those 2 sets of brackets. Test it first if you're unsure.
                Spoiler:
                Thank You !
                sigpic

Comment

Hello, just checking in. THanks for all the wonderful answers to my question. I figured that he would most likely have a stash of ice packs in his room. seems as common as keeping a bottle aspirin in one's purse.

Originally posted by Gate_Strider View Post
                  I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.
                  How do you get to watch Shep's six- is there a duty roster I can sign?

Um...sorry, but the answer is no. It's my blessed job 24/7. Unless he's in the infirmary - then someone else can watch Shep's six until he recovers.
                  sigpic

Comment

You're welcome!

I just rewatched Sunday *sniffles*

Spoiler:
                    I was totally reading into something and I never actively seek out shippiness, but whoa. Teyla and Shep? They certainly have a special relationship and when Shep was in his quarters and Ronon mentioned the two of them, his response was a little suggestive to me that perhaps...there is something going on between them. Wow, did I read into that! Cause I know I've read somewhere that Teyla's pregnancy is S4 has totally something to do wiht someone not even cast for the show yet. Silly me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi GG! Long time, no chat!
                      sigpic

Comment

You're welcome!

I just rewatched Sunday *sniffles*

Spoiler:
                        I was totally reading into something and I never actively seek out shippiness, but whoa. Teyla and Shep? They certainly have a special relationship and when Shep was in his quarters and Ronon mentioned the two of them, his response was a little suggestive to me that perhaps...there is something going on between them. Wow, did I read into that! Cause I know I've read somewhere that Teyla's pregnancy is S4 has totally something to do wiht someone not even cast for the show yet. Silly me.
                        Hmmm... I saw the total complete opposite, lol.

I'm off to bed now. Bye whumpers.
                        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                        Sig and avi by me
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Hi GG! Long time, no chat!
                          Hi ya Hon!!!! how's it going??? It's great to finally see you back!!

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post

Nighty Night Erika. Hopefully we'll get to chat another time. Sweet Sheppy whump dreams!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post

Yeah, I know. *shakes head* I have no idea what I was smokin'/drinkin' or whatever.

G'night!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                              Hi ya Hon!!!! how's it going??? It's great to finally see you back!!
                              Yeah, between my computer dying and RL things, I wasn't able to access anything for quite a long time. Now I'm loaning the laptop from work and I'm back to good old whump-dom! Er, hope that makes sense der. Ya hey.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sorry GG! I don't know why I started speaking in the "northern" tongue. Horrible of me. How are you? Do you realize that we both started here last summer and you have nearly 9,000 posts and I have a measly 180 something? Shame on me. *shakes head*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X