John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Ok, so next is...er, my favourite...Childhood's End. I don't really like this episode, can't exactly say why, but it just didn't seem like a SGA eppie. I think there was a bit of angst on Shep's part, but it still gets a big fat 0 from me.
    Oh from me too!

Comment

Childhoods end....

Ok a bit of emotional angst when Shep is gonna witness Keras' ceremony.

No physical whump because Keras moves in front of sheppard and takes the arrow - damn it!!!!

nah I can't say I am too fussed on this ep really, er I suppose its got a slight amount of emotional whump, I am torn between giving it a 0 or a 1..........

I am going with 0 on the grounds that I gave a 0 for hide and seek and I guess that had slight emotional angst too.

Comment

Forgot to say that enough would only mean nekkid under the infirmary sheet, wouldn't it? I mean you never know what harm a stunner blast could do, so perhaps they should've removed his shirt in the 'Gate room? Sounds fair to me!
        Absolutely. I couldn't agree more, and everyone knows that as soon as you're unconscious they have to strap the ecg leads on you which obviously necessitates the need to have the shirt [strike]ripped[/ripped] cut off you. So very valid point there Linz

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
        Yeah, right!

I think a 5 for Suspicion. I love that Shep so completely supports Teyla, too.
        Me to, and I loved the scene with him and Rodney and then Teyla walks in and he gives her a look.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Definitely. Some good emotional angst there too... love the scene where he is pacing around the conference room after dismissing Bates...
        Fab angst scene that. Squeeee, oh I feel the need to watch s1 from the start

Originally posted by Listy View Post

Emotional angst when McKay gets stunned in the face.
        Physical when Shep gets stunned by a wraith, dragged through the gate and put on the stretcher (which later went down a very steep bank and I wonder how he didn't fall off)
        Emotional angst when Teyla bringing Ford back and they don't want to open the sheild
        Jumping out of the way when one of the wraith self destructs and face planting in the dirt
        Spoiler:

I would go with 5/10 that stunner blast was good, but he didn't take a full blast.
        Great pic hon, i'd forgotten about that bit with the shield, what did he say? "Open the damn shield?" or something like that. Whoosh!

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
        i forgot to say on my other post, 38 mins also gets a 10 because we get blood....its just so rare unfortunately lol...and sweaty shep

suspicion gets a 5 for me...i really like the whump in that, he also has a bit of emotional whump because i think hes disappointed that teyla's people are being accused of something he knows they havent done...and theres that scene where he shouts at weir and then at bates....oh and
        "if colonel sumner were here.."
        "well hes not....i am"
        more guilt for shep!!
        *drools* hot sweaty semi nekid Shep.... *thud*

I agree Roo, that whole scene with Bates was fantastic, we so need some friction, hopefully in S4 we might see some more of that. I say briing back Bates

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
        whole numbers only ...I was going to mark out of 5 but decided on ten to avoid having to take half points. They wont make much difference to the overall score anyway!

I also think that overall Rising had just as much whump (when you include the angsty moments) that is why it is equal for me.
        Hehehe, I think suspicion had more angst than whump, and Rising had more whump than angst so I guess they tie for me

Oh yes and what better way to use it than in a perfect shep whump moment
        Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Childhoods end....

No physical whump because Keras moves in front of sheppard and takes the arrow - damn it!!!!

nah I can't say I am too fussed on this ep really, er I suppose its got a slight amount of emotional whump, I am torn between giving it a 0 or a 1..........

I am going with 0 on the grounds that I gave a 0 for hide and seek and I guess that had slight emotional angst too.
          Yeah! Stupid Keras! What was he thinking?
          sigpic

Comment

Childhood's End.... wasted opportunity of the crash which we didn't get to see and no repercussions from that, not even a bump or bruise!

However, I'd give it a 1 for Sheppard being grabbed and pushed to his knees after shooting the wraith beacon.. combined with the potential for whumpage where the kid steps in front of him and takes an arrow. Not whumpage but a close call and kinda tense....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
              Absolutely. I couldn't agree more, and everyone knows that as soon as you're unconscious they have to strap the ecg leads on you which obviously necessitates the need to have the shirt [strike]ripped[/ripped] cut off you. So very valid point there Linz

Me to, and I loved the scene with him and Rodney and then Teyla walks in and he gives her a look.

Fab angst scene that. Squeeee, oh I feel the need to watch s1 from the start

Great pic hon, i'd forgotten about that bit with the shield, what did he say? "Open the damn shield?" or something like that. Whoosh!

*drools* hot sweaty semi nekid Shep.... *thud*

I agree Roo, that whole scene with Bates was fantastic, we so need some friction, hopefully in S4 we might see some more of that. I say briing back Bates

Hehehe, I think suspicion had more angst than whump, and Rising had more whump than angst so I guess they tie for me

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
              I agree. Bring back Bates so he can antagonise Sheppy!
              sigpic

Comment

I know, he should hide from the whumpers!!! He should have damn well known better than to step in front of Shep!! The score would have jumped up if he hadn't!!

Comment

I know, he should hide from the whumpers!!! He should have damn well known better than to step in front of Shep!! The score would have jumped up if he hadn't!!
                  How cool would it have been if Shep had been shot with the arrow? Wasted opportunity indeed.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok, so next is...er, my favourite...Childhood's End. I don't really like this episode, can't exactly say why, but it just didn't seem like a SGA eppie. I think there was a bit of angst on Shep's part, but it still gets a big fat 0 from me.
                    Oh from me too!
                    Childhoods end....

'

Hmm I have to agree with everyone here it was a bit of a strange ep, not quite sure why though. No sense of danger or jeapordy maybe. Everything felt a bit flat. Shep did get roughed up a lil bit, well grabbed...

Spoiler:

But it gets a big fat zero from me

Comment

That would just be so squee, he and Shep always locked heads.. we never found out why, but he did like to push Shep's buttons, and I loved Teyla kicked his ass I want more of that.

Comment

How cool would it have been if Shep had been shot with the arrow? Wasted opportunity indeed.
                        *cries*

Okay so unless we get any last minute votes in it seems that Childhoods End averages 0

Linzi 0
                        Me 0
                        Listy 0
                        Ali 1
                        Peggy 0

So we have a total whump score for s1 of 20 so far:

Rising 4
                        H&S 1
                        38 Mins 10
                        Suspicion 5
                        CE 0

Comment

*cries*

Okay so unless we get any last minute votes in it seems that Childhoods End averages 0

Linzi 0
                          Me 0
                          Listy 0
                          Ali 1
                          Peggy 0

Rising 4
                          H&S 1
                          38 Mins 10
                          Suspicion 5
                          CE 0
                          Woo hoo!

Thanks for keeping score SheppyD!
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I have to head off early tonight!

Night whumpers. Sweet shumpidoodly dreams! Let's hope we get some spoilers tonight!
                            sigpic

Comment

him and the little girl from epiphany all go on our hate list for those who stepped in the way of shep whump!!!!!!!
                              Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Childhood's End.... wasted opportunity of the crash which we didn't get to see and no repercussions from that, not even a bump or bruise!

However, I'd give it a 1 for Sheppard being grabbed and pushed to his knees after shooting the wraith beacon.. combined with the potential for whumpage where the kid steps in front of him and takes an arrow. Not whumpage but a close call and kinda tense....
                              erm CE gets a 0 from me.....i gotta say when those kids are pushing shep around i just think..erm you have a p90 use it to get them off your back im sure a few shots from that gun would have most of them running off screaming!!
                              YEH bring back bates!!! he was great at riling up sheppy!!!!!
                              Last edited by Rootortoise; 03 June 2007, 01:52 PM. Reason: spelling!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

*cries*

Linzi 0
                                Me 0
                                Listy 0
                                Ali 1
                                Peggy 0

Rising 4
                                H&S 1
                                38 Mins 10
                                Suspicion 5
                                CE 0
                                Thanks hon, you know I get a strange feeling that 38 minutes will win

Comment

Working...
                                X